RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

PCS and HUD navi experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-09, 10:10 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by klegrow
You're right DOUS, but the problem with ordering in the US is two fold....

- First, many orders are being kicked back by Lexus
- Second, the dealers soak you on the order...basically they try to get MSRP
i would say 98% of canadian RX buyers are paying at or near MSRP. i only got a $500 discount off MSRP.
Old 08-20-09, 11:49 AM
klegrow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really? The MSRP on my car was about $52,900, but I got it for about $48,200.
Old 08-20-09, 11:58 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

lexus dealers in BC are notorious for not giving discounts, doesn't matter which dealership you go to. and they don't care if you know invoice price, they won't budge at all (tried that with my GS450h). they would rather sit on inventory and sell at or near MSRP. and they can, because if i don't buy it, someone behind me will. only way it gets heavily discounted is prior year models they have to get rid of, that's the only way. not sure about ontario, maybe dous can chime in on his purchase experience.
Old 08-20-09, 06:01 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by klegrow
Really? The MSRP on my car was about $52,900, but I got it for about $48,200.
Areas by areas. This is very true.
Old 09-06-09, 06:13 PM
LexLady75
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
same day, we also used the navi for the first time. after inputting the destination address, navi works the way it should. what i like about the gen 6 navi: it actually tells you the street name (eg: 800 meters to Broadway East - my GS doesn't have this ). what is even cooler is the HUD: it shows you exactly when to turn - when i come to the intersection where i have to make a left or right turn, the HUD flashes a continuous turn arrow. so there's absolutely no need to look at the navi screen at all (which is what it should be for safe driving).

two great safety features, keeping you safe and your eyes on the road. not much more i can add than give it two
I do not have PCS, but I have HUD w/navi. I'm loving this feature! I agree HUD is wonderful for safety. Often, I pay more attention to it than my speedometer and navi screen.

I'm also liking the Parking Assist too.
Old 09-06-09, 10:09 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by LexLady75
I do not have PCS, but I have HUD w/navi. I'm loving this feature! I agree HUD is wonderful for safety. Often, I pay more attention to it than my speedometer and navi screen.

thx for sharing your experience! yeah, parking assist is great, especially if you are backing into a parking stall.
Old 09-07-09, 12:04 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I find the backup camera is all I need. parking sensors are just a plus, but not really necessary. The beeping can drive me crazy at time
Old 09-07-09, 09:40 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by RXSF
I find the backup camera is all I need. parking sensors are just a plus, but not really necessary. The beeping can drive me crazy at time
you can turn off the parking assist...that should get also turn off the beeping as well.
Old 09-09-09, 01:02 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexLady75

Same here, the HUD is amazing, and to think it is not that expensive of an option. I like how you can adjust the height of the HUD so each driver can set it to their perfect line of site. Well done Lexus. (Now if only the mirrors were all autofold.)

The parking sensors are nice as well. My wife NEEDED them after coming from our GS, she was spoiled.
Old 09-09-09, 01:58 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMO parking sensors are useful, but depending on the circumstance I like being able to turn them on or off.

These days sometimes when parked at a stop sign, those pedestrians get too close and beep-beep-beep!
Old 09-10-09, 02:05 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Mbenz528i
Same here, the HUD is amazing, and to think it is not that expensive of an option. I like how you can adjust the height of the HUD so each driver can set it to their perfect line of site. Well done Lexus. (Now if only the mirrors were all autofold.)

The parking sensors are nice as well. My wife NEEDED them after coming from our GS, she was spoiled.
the sideview mirrors on the RX are auto fold (at least they are on my 450h); it can auto fold when you lock your doors, and unfold when you unlock it. the button to the left of the manual fold/unfold button is what you need to engage for the auto fold to work.
Old 09-10-09, 04:41 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 170 Likes on 144 Posts

Stormforge, or anyone with HUD, how visible is it during the day? I read the height can be adjusted. Any problems finding a comfortable place to view on the windshield?
Old 09-10-09, 07:37 PM
alberthl
Driver School Candidate

No problems at all. You can adjust the brightness. I also use it more then looking at the speedometer.

We just got our 350 a couple of weeks ago (our first Lexus). When I asked the salesman about one with the HUD, he said they were hard to get. But... when he checked his inventory, 3 had that just arrived at the dealership and we got one!
Old 09-10-09, 11:00 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by kitlz
Stormforge, or anyone with HUD, how visible is it during the day? I read the height can be adjusted. Any problems finding a comfortable place to view on the windshield?
what alberthl said above, very visible during daytime. height and brightness is adjustable
Old 09-11-09, 11:57 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

the sideview mirrors on the RX are auto fold (at least they are on my 450h); it can auto fold when you lock your doors, and unfold when you unlock it. the button to the left of the manual fold/unfold button is what you need to engage for the auto fold to work.
I have no such botton. Which is wierd, since my GS had auto fold mirrors. Either I am missing something or the dealer was right. It seems you need to order it that way? Where is your fold botton?

what alberthl said above, very visible during daytime. height and brightness is adjustable
Yeah, I agree with Stromforge and Alberthl. It is fantastic and actually looks good in any light. It is not obstructive in the least. I only wish the HUD also displayed the station names for the sat radio.

Quick Reply: PCS and HUD navi experience