RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 RX 350 design flaw

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-09, 06:14 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jacksonlui
any pictures of the installation and SKU number for the parts at Home Depot?
this might save a lot of people here on the forum
thanks in advance
Jack
Jack: The 3'x6" gutter guard at Home Depot is made by Amerimax Home Products. It has a bar code of 049821852801. You'll find it in the department with the gutters. I bought it today for 1.94 . It's the very same guard I used on my 05 RX. You will find other recent information and photo's in this forum on the protection if you do a "search". I think there are about 3 threads going about this same topic.
Old 09-05-09, 07:30 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by herbvdh
Joe G:

From what you said about the dealership I have a good idea who it is. We bought four vehicles from them. Service and sales all are treated very properly. I do 90% of service at a dealer near where I work for convenience.
I have sent people to see this dealer also and would not hesitate to do it again and again.They will even deliver/ship your car nationwide. They have there own in house driver with truck and trailer.
Maybe it's only me, I'm unable to guess what dealership Joe is talking about in LI.

I don't know how good/bad this dealership would be. However, I can't accept the dealer I got the car from is such ignorant or afraid of getting involved... In the future this dealership may or may not be kept away from me...
Old 09-05-09, 09:40 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by klegrow
Storm, is this the same for us with the 450h, or is it just an issue on the 350? I know there have been some design and quality control differences between the two models.
good question. the front bumper on the 450h is slightly different, but i haven't had a chance to examine closely if the lower air dam is the same as the regular 350. even if the 450h is not affected, it would still be a good idea to do this mod, if only to give you a piece of mind.
Old 09-06-09, 06:30 AM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets
Maybe it's only me, I'm unable to guess what dealership Joe is talking about in LI.

I don't know how good/bad this dealership would be. However, I can't accept the dealer I got the car from is such ignorant or afraid of getting involved... In the future this dealership may or may not be kept away from me...
I probably should have been more specific that it is the servicing dealer in NJ
Old 09-06-09, 06:59 AM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by herbvdh
I probably should have been more specific that it is the servicing dealer in NJ
I would actually want to know both dealers, since I got my RX from LI dealer (Rallye) and brought it there for 1k and 5k free service. Next 10k service is also free. After the 'honeymoon' period is over, I will most likely start looking for servicing dealer in NJ, since I work in NJ.
Old 09-06-09, 07:47 AM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by data2009
I would actually want to know both dealers, since I got my RX from LI dealer (Rallye) and brought it there for 1k and 5k free service. Next 10k service is also free. After the 'honeymoon' period is over, I will most likely start looking for servicing dealer in NJ, since I work in NJ.

data2009 check your PM.
Old 09-06-09, 10:30 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe,

Please let me know, too, if you are ok with this. Thanks.
Old 09-06-09, 04:10 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rx350

I did the rain gutter mesh mod the first week I had my new 2007 RX350. Every once and awhile I will take a look at it. And will find a couple more new dents in the screen.

Very cheap insurance.
Old 09-12-09, 09:14 AM
Joe G
Driver

Default update

Update club members – we are now driving a Chevy Aveo courtesy of Lexus.
They called late Thursday agreeing to pay for a rental car for the duration of the repair.
Will keep you posted if we receive any other news.
Keep the modifications going.
Joe G
Old 09-12-09, 09:31 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Joe, was it the Lexus dealer or Lexus corporate, that got you the rental? It sounds like the latter. Glad they stepped up and that you have a vehicle for the time being.
Old 09-12-09, 10:20 AM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
Joe, was it the Lexus dealer or Lexus corporate, that got you the rental? It sounds like the latter. Glad they stepped up and that you have a vehicle for the time being.
Your are correct, Lexus Corporate provided the rental.
Old 09-12-09, 10:35 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe G
Your are correct, Lexus Corporate provided the rental.
Excellent. I think that's acknowledgment of fault on their part. And hopefully it will continue.
Old 09-12-09, 11:41 AM
data2009
Pole Position

They called late Thursday agreeing to pay for a rental car for the duration of the repair.
Joe G
Good news, and its nice to hear Lexus is not leaving you hang dry. I am curious, though. Does your insurance policy have a car rental coverage?
I presume Chevy Aveo is a result of some 'sub-compact car at $15-30/per day x 3 months' calculation by Lexus Corp. Insurance typically covers about $30/per day up to certain max, depending on your policy limits. I wonder, if you can combine both, and upgrade. Also, did you ask Lexus for an extended warranty on the replaced engine?
Old 09-12-09, 04:51 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe G
Joe G: I echo the fact that they gave you a loaner as a good sign. Also keep in mind that in Europe they sell the grill guard as an accessory, which means they know there is a problem with lack of protection to the lower condenser/radiator area. You might want to COPY the photo of the European grill guard from the thread, as you may need to refer to it later.

Old 10-13-09, 07:58 AM
Joe G
Driver

Default update

Update members - heard from Corporate yesterday.
As of November 1st, Lexus will no longer be paying for a rental.
It was decided the New Jersey dealership will provide a loaner car for the remainder of the repair. Makes sense since our RX is there, 130 miles from home, but nonetheless appreciate the transportation.
Sure wish the dealership we purchased the car from would have been made to step up.
Will continue to keep you posted.
Joe G

Quick Reply: 2010 RX 350 design flaw