RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 RX 350 design flaw

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-09, 02:27 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back, Joe!

Your ordeal is unbelievable. I am glad you finally back on the road, but there are a lot of thoughts about your experience with both Lexus dealerships and Corporate.

Somehow, I think you will not be a loyal customer when the time comes for an upgrade. If you don't mind me asking, did you lease or buy?

Not that it makes a difference now, in 3-4 years it might - hope you fulfilled your share of bad luck for at least these many years.

As a first-time owner of Lexus, I so far fail to see anything special about Lexus service everyone seems to rave about. I still like RX as a product, but the product is only as good as the maker that stands by it all the way.

Good luck to you, and us all, who choose not to make the modification.
Old 10-31-09, 02:42 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Joe G., glad to hear you have your RX back. I know you have better things to do than read/write more posts about this nightmare. Best of luck.

Last edited by kitlz; 10-31-09 at 02:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-31-09, 03:11 PM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by data2009
Welcome back, Joe!

Your ordeal is unbelievable. I am glad you finally back on the road, but there are a lot of thoughts about your experience with both Lexus dealerships and Corporate.

Somehow, I think you will not be a loyal customer when the time comes for an upgrade. If you don't mind me asking, did you lease or buy?

Not that it makes a difference now, in 3-4 years it might - hope you fulfilled your share of bad luck for at least these many years.

As a first-time owner of Lexus, I so far fail to see anything special about Lexus service everyone seems to rave about. I still like RX as a product, but the product is only as good as the maker that stands by it all the way.

Good luck to you, and us all, who choose not to make the modification.
We own this car outright.
We forgot to mention our car now displays Lexus of Cherry Hill license plate frames.
thanks again. Hope you have good luck with your RX.
Joe G
Old 10-31-09, 03:12 PM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
Joe G., glad to hear you have your RX back. I know you have better things to do than read/write more posts about this nightmare. Best of luck.
Thanks Anita - best of luck to you as well when you finally receive you 450H.
Joe G
Old 10-31-09, 03:26 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck with the engine Joe and the insurance companies! Please keep us informed if any problems. I'll do the same with my transmission.

Carl
Old 10-31-09, 04:00 PM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by 4482
Good luck with the engine Joe and the insurance companies! Please keep us informed if any problems. I'll do the same with my transmission.

Carl
Hey Carl - will do.
Hopefully neither one of us will have any further problems!
Again best of luck.
Joe G
Old 11-01-09, 06:09 AM
DaRacerz
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope you have some great luck on your future adventures with your RX Joe! That was a big time misfortune. Totally agree that Lexus should at minimum provide a grille protection here in the US.

But I will say, as a Lexus of Smithtown regular, I am highly disappointed how they helped (or lack of) you out in this situation.
Old 11-01-09, 07:20 AM
mikey00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This problem is over 10 years old now. Many first gen RXs had their condenser damaged by stones/rocks/road debris. I haven't compared the first gen openings to the newer so I am not sure if it is the exact same problem but the end result is the same. This can happen to any car but it sure seems to happen to the RX more frequently.
Old 11-01-09, 07:37 AM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by DaRacerz
Hope you have some great luck on your future adventures with your RX Joe! That was a big time misfortune. Totally agree that Lexus should at minimum provide a grille protection here in the US.

But I will say, as a Lexus of Smithtown regular, I am highly disappointed how they helped (or lack of) you out in this situation.
Mark
We were very disappointed.
We fully get “non warranted repair.”
We felt since we did purchase the car (no financing involved) 6 months prior they could have at the very least placed the 1st call to 1800Lexus themselves, set up our file.
Trust me that would have moved mountains regarding our feelings towards their customer care. When we were towed to Cherry Hill, our first call was to our salesman asking for any kind of assistance. Being aware of the situation, not even a call was placed to see how we were making out with this repair.
Joe G
Old 11-02-09, 07:19 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Joe G, I am glad the incident is over for you. I have gone thru something like your situation once, it was very frustrating. In my Opinion, Lexus could have and should have done more. I believe the Lexus of old would have done more, Lexus is adjusting to the recession just like most of the other companies, but cutting back on customer service is not a good idea since it is what separate them from the rest.