RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

anyone have their ECO light disabled

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-09, 12:36 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Did you tell your dealer the third gen RX folks on Club Lexus would provide training for a fee

I swear Lexus is getting too proprietary for their own good.
Anita
I've found that through nearly my whole adult life in some form of sales or customer service, the root cause of the majority of problems is 'COMMUNICATION'. That's not to say who if anyone is at fault, it just means that one or both parties either didn't get point across properly or one party didn't understand other party. But still comes back to one word. Communication !!!

I have to believe that word had something to do with as least some of the situations involving the bumper cover issues where the dealer didn't rapidly take charge to fix the problem.

Last edited by Cruiter; 09-08-09 at 12:42 PM. Reason: word smithing
Old 09-08-09, 01:18 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Anita
I've found that through nearly my whole adult life in some form of sales or customer service, the root cause of the majority of problems is 'COMMUNICATION'. That's not to say who if anyone is at fault, it just means that one or both parties either didn't get point across properly or one party didn't understand other party. But still comes back to one word. Communication !!!

I have to believe that word had something to do with as least some of the situations involving the bumper cover issues where the dealer didn't rapidly take charge to fix the problem.
Jim, you are absolutely correct. Communication, which also involves listening, is paramount. Maybe some of these issues would have been avoided.

Sorry for deviating off topic and my poor interjection of humor
Old 09-09-09, 03:26 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you got this figured out!

I had posted in another thread just how disappointed I have been with the lack of knowledge about their products we experienced from the dealers/salespeople when we were shopping for our 2010.

C'mon - you have fewer models than almost any other car company and I don't think any dealer can say that they don't have at least some free time in this slower market.

Let's go Lexus - you cut costs in some questionable areas with the new car and you don't focus on training. Hmmm, not a good recipe for long term success if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, we still love the car but the lack of knowledge of multiple sales people in multpile dealerships along with some of the things that the Lexus lab coats and accountants cut coupled with, what this thread seems to hit on regarding the lack of service knowledge about the vehicle don't bode well for Lexus' longer term direction.

The RX is still better than most out there but my disappointment with Lexus is distracting (sorry, can't think of a better word).

Jay
Old 09-09-09, 12:30 PM
mkimball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to disable anything I learned you have to be careful when you change any settings in Vehicle set up on the nav screen. I was in Vehicle set up and inadvertantly disabled the whole car from starting....after I had my heart attack, I got the manual and found that if I put the card key right up to the engine start button, that worked and I was able to start the car and change the setting back to where it was. Don't know why that setting is there as an option, because I don't know why you would want to do that. I just wanted to share this info so hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else!
Old 09-09-09, 12:58 PM
RXTexas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hold the menu button beside the thumb switch on the steering wheel down for a few seconds, use the scroll thumb switch to get to the eco option, press the thumb switch forward, set to "off".
Old 09-10-09, 10:47 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gimmick

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
... For some reason that Eco light reminds me of something gimmicky from the 70's when oil was priced pretty high as well. Kind dumb if you ask me but for some reason I'm not sure we'll be turning it off. It'll probably have to get a bit more annoying when I drive my wife's car more to really get me motivated to turn it off.

Cheers!

Jay
When I had an '10RX for loaner a few weeks back, I got in and saw the light and thought it was actually retarding the engine to run on four or three cylinders or something so I was trying to find the "ECO" button to turn that mode off. Could not find it and so continued driving it and saw at times the light would go off.

Then finally went through the display button and came upon the ECO display and saw that as the bar was decreasing "out" of ECO mode, the light went off. So, I then thought it must be some dummy light because the car was driving very strong and aggressively to be in any "ECO" mode.

Anyway, is kind of dumb if the light is not really indicating the engine is doing anything besides just driving more fuel efficient, like downhill with feet off pedal and mpg showing 100.