RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Delay in my Ordered RX350...sigh

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 05:50 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

""If I were in auto sales, I would know every message board and manual like the back of my hand.""

key words here--i worked with 4 dealers--only ONE dealer knew what he was doing and that may have been the salesman who knows his product.

I wound up there since he got the car i wanted --I paid a bit more with him but he earned it. And I suspect any follow up service will be met with the same attentiveness.
Old 09-02-09, 04:04 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
Taz, I want the Premium Package for the sunroof and leather. I did NOT want Nav. So my configuration is considered extremely odd.

Also, I think you are not correct. My understanding is that ONLY the 450h and the 350 *with* sport package are built in Japan. All other Rx350's are built in Cambridge, Canada...

Sandi
Incorrect... I have a J VIN#. The car comes with Enform and is currently being built in Japan. What percentage of cars are being manuf there... dunno. It may be the options/packages on the car that is driving where it's manuf... AWD, HUD, Park Assist, Luxury, Comfort, Levinson, Nav.

Also odd... I ended up with Tungsten ext/Black int. Should look nice but I was under the impression that light gray and tan were the only 2 options available.
Old 09-02-09, 04:08 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hal56
""If I were in auto sales, I would know every message board and manual like the back of my hand.""

key words here--i worked with 4 dealers--only ONE dealer knew what he was doing and that may have been the salesman who knows his product.

I wound up there since he got the car i wanted --I paid a bit more with him but he earned it. And I suspect any follow up service will be met with the same attentiveness.
Hal... where'd you go? Guys I've been dealing with at Scottsdale (John Hargett) and Chandler (Jeff Bounds) have been very knowledgeable.

I work in product development/marketing. One of my great joys in life is to make salespeople sweat when I start drilling them about the product they're selling.
Old 09-02-09, 05:11 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
So, I got a call from my Lexus dealership late last week, asking me to call the sales manager.

I did, only to be told that my RX350 (which they had assured me in July was "taken up" by the ordering system) was, in fact, going to be delayed until November.

It seems that there are two separate order systems - one for Canada, and one for Japan. When he mentioned Japan, I noted that he needed to submit the order there, since I've ordered the Sport Package - which includes VDIM, as does the RX 450h, as standard equipment - an option which is only built in Japan.

Apparently, they didn't know this. So they've been querying the Canadian plant to no good result.

Ugh. So now another 2 months to wait. Instead of a birthday present, I'm hoping for Thanksgiving...

Sandi
Sandi, I'll be joining the same club soon so we can commiserate
Old 09-02-09, 05:20 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Lexus - if you're listening . . . this is a big area of opportunity for improvement!! Mistakes like the one listed by the OP are really avoidable and can have a huge cost in terms of repeat business.

Sorry for the rant but thought this would be a good place to share. Hope I wasn't too harsh!

Jay
Well said It's called complacency.
Old 09-03-09, 12:21 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Well said It's called complacency.
And I do not believe this is a business that treats complacency brands well. I just don't see how a company can start out so well and end up making so many mistakes. It's not like the road isn't littered with examples.
Old 09-03-09, 03:01 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Most manuf production volumes are down these days... so chances are you could get this with other manuf too. Though if the guy putting the order in doesn't know what he's doing, the odds of getting out of the gate are slim.

On a positive note... looks like mine will roll off the boat from Japan in 3 weeks.