RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What Discounts to expect on 2010 RX350's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-09, 05:59 AM
BarneyC
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Discounts to expect on 2010 RX350's?

I'm brand new to this forum and this market and am beginning to shop around. What (if any) discounts are you getting on RX350's ? Typically, when will prices drop?

Regrds,
Barney

Last edited by BarneyC; 09-12-09 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-12-09, 06:24 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got about $4200 off on 2010 in August. Plus lease rate for the sale Lexus was running.

Didn't really need to negotiate too hard (which surprised me) as I had called a few dealers and got that price (well, about $4k) right off the bat as an offer from the dealerships.

One offered a bit for my trade - current lease with equity and they were local so I went with them.

I also spoke with a few dealers that wouldn't even touch that discount. Depends on where you are and inventory. It seems Lexus has cut production to match the economic conditions so it's not like you'll see a whole bunch sitting on lots with desperate dealerships at this point. The RX has actually been selling pretty well.

Just look for dealerships that are more focused on volume than margin (i.e. high volume dealers) and look closer to the end of the month.

If you want the best deal - actually go into a dealership. The internet 'sale manager' is a joke in most cases and if they don't think you are serious you won't get serious quotes from them.

Good luck and please share your experiences.

Jay
Old 09-12-09, 08:35 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Default Good luck!

Price is varied from areas to areas. It seems the closer to the North and West more expensive it is.

You got better to check ppl here who purchasd their RX nearby your state/city.
Old 09-13-09, 12:27 AM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Special order was 1900 over invoice and around 4000 under MSRP. As mentioned, it all depends on the dealer.
Old 09-13-09, 06:07 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, discounts will vary by region for sure.

Also, the amount of discount will vary by option packages as well. Additionally, each region gets a 'standard' build type of a typical one or two option configurations.

The more options, the more margin for the dealers so you might see more of a discount. However, if you go with a 'fully loaded' RX with all of the bells and whistles you'll see that they aren't that common so the dealers may not offer as much of a discount because the supply is much lower and they can probably command a higher price.

Any luck yet with your shopping? What are you finding out OP?

Jay
Old 09-13-09, 01:03 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Jay, great call on the uncommon options. Definitely these options will be the factor to make the discount negotiation harder.
Old 09-13-09, 08:02 PM
hanjkwon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine $5100 off the MSRP in August 2010 with free all weather floor mat. Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-09, 02:53 PM
jclem
Pole Position

I bought in July for about $4k off msrp, plus some "freebies" like all-weather mats, remote start and Nitro in the tires. I also got a triple "protection package"--Lo-jack, invisible bra, and interior protection for half their asking price.
Old 09-15-09, 06:04 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jclem
I bought in July for about $4k off msrp, plus some "freebies" like all-weather mats, remote start and Nitro in the tires. I also got a triple "protection package"--Lo-jack, invisible bra, and interior protection for half their asking price.
Do you mind letting me know which dealer in MA you got your deal from? We're looking to get one soon.
Old 09-15-09, 06:28 PM
jclem
Pole Position

I'll send you a PM
Old 09-20-09, 12:09 AM
MMakoto
Driver School Candidate

i went to the lexus at little falls, NJ today, was given $3800 off MSRP ($47,609) for a RX350 (Nav, remote start, and other goodies), that's about $800 over invoice, anybody think it's a decent deal? it was already a negotiated price, don't think they'll do any better. should i shop around or it's acceptable? any advice pls chime in.

btw, i am trading in my '07 335i coupe. so far they've offered me the best price out of 3 dealerships i've went to for the past week. not sure if other dealerships would offer me anymore than this one did, cuz it was around $1700 less than kbb, but i'm ok with this trade in price.
Old 09-20-09, 03:45 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MMakoto
i went to the lexus at little falls, NJ today, was given $3800 off MSRP ($47,609) for a RX350 (Nav, remote start, and other goodies), that's about $800 over invoice, anybody think it's a decent deal? it was already a negotiated price, don't think they'll do any better. should i shop around or it's acceptable? any advice pls chime in.

btw, i am trading in my '07 335i coupe. so far they've offered me the best price out of 3 dealerships i've went to for the past week. not sure if other dealerships would offer me anymore than this one did, cuz it was around $1700 less than kbb, but i'm ok with this trade in price.
Sounds like a good price but I'd look a little more. It's still only mid month. Yes, it makes a difference especially if you take delivery before the end of the month. Do they have the RX you want in stock?

IMO, that dealership is horrible. If you decide to go with them, make sure you have a local place for service/issues. They are the closest Lexus dealer to me but one of the biggest reasons I drive the extra 35 miles south to my dealer.
Old 09-20-09, 09:41 AM
RichS
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife finally made her choice (RX350 over the Q5) after driving just about everything for 2 months. Any recent data points on discounts in western PA? Of the two local dealers, on currently lists 25 on the lot and the other looks to have a decent inventory when driving by.
Old 09-20-09, 12:11 PM
MMakoto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitlz
Sounds like a good price but I'd look a little more. It's still only mid month. Yes, it makes a difference especially if you take delivery before the end of the month. Do they have the RX you want in stock?

IMO, that dealership is horrible. If you decide to go with them, make sure you have a local place for service/issues. They are the closest Lexus dealer to me but one of the biggest reasons I drive the extra 35 miles south to my dealer.
yea they have the one i wanted in stock, black/black. i'm from brooklyn, NY and i've visited my local lexus already, they are a joke to work with. $2k off msrp and $18k for my trade, so i don't even wanna bother with them anymore. the reason i went to the little falls one was a friend of mine recently purchased one over there, and he gotta good price for his trade.

a dumb question; i can always service my car at a different dealership other than the one i purchased it from right?
Old 09-20-09, 12:53 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MMakoto
yea they have the one i wanted in stock, black/black. i'm from brooklyn, NY and i've visited my local lexus already, they are a joke to work with. $2k off msrp and $18k for my trade, so i don't even wanna bother with them anymore. the reason i went to the little falls one was a friend of mine recently purchased one over there, and he gotta good price for his trade.

a dumb question; i can always service my car at a different dealership other than the one i purchased it from right?
Nice combo I'd say go for it since it's there. The bonus is the decent trade in value which will translate to less tax on the RX. But avoid all the crap they want to sell you - don't give them a penny more. The owner of that dealership has been cited numerous times for selling unnecessary add-ons at his Toyota dealership across the highway.

To answer your question (and it's not dumb), yes, you can bring it to any Lexus or Toyota dealer for service. Toyota is less money for the same service. Other people go the DIY route. I make the trek to my Lexus dealer because they're awesome and I get discounts. After your two free services, the only time you would have to return to a Lexus dealer is for a warranty or TSB issue. So you can pass by your local Lexus dealer and smile knowing you don't have to deal with them. Their loss.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: What Discounts to expect on 2010 RX350's?