RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Sorting the address book?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09 | 08:10 AM
djl35319
Driver School Candidate

Default Sorting the address book?

Is there a way to sort the address book? All of the contacts are sorted by first name. I want them sorted by last name. I transfered all my contacts from an iPhone 3G. On the iPhone they are sorted by lastname, firstname.

This is on a RX 450h with nav display.
Old 09-13-09 | 10:14 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djl35319
Is there a way to sort the address book? All of the contacts are sorted by first name. I want them sorted by last name. I transfered all my contacts from an iPhone 3G. On the iPhone they are sorted by lastname, firstname.

This is on a RX 450h with nav display.
Welcome to the forum. I hope you're enjoying your 450h as much as we're enjoying ours.

Now please don't take this the wrong way but.... The 2010 RX models (350 & 450h) are highly technical with a lot of new features that need to be re-learned because chances are very few of them will work as anything you've experienced before if at all. To give the answer you're looking for in the correct way, I'd have to pull out my book and quote verbatim. I'm pretty sure, if you did the same you'd spot many things you weren't previously familiar with and learn them the way they were designed to learn. I'm only trying to help you the best way I know how.

The answer is yes, there are different ways to pull up the stored data. Again, I hope you take this in a positive way and not as sarcasm that is definitely not intended.

PS, depending on whether or not you have the NAV system, the info may be in two different books.
Old 09-13-09 | 12:17 PM
djl35319
Driver School Candidate

Jim,

To say your response was helpful would be untruthful. I am very technical. I have read and re-read the nav manual front to back. The only mention of sorting anything is the location addresses under the navigation/destinations piece. There is no mention of how to sort contacts.

Forums like this one are here to help us all to better understand the products we have purchased and to get the most out of them.

So, if anyone else has any idea how it might be possible to have the contact names sorted by last name instead of by firstname I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Dave
Old 09-13-09 | 01:05 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djl35319
Jim,

To say your response was helpful would be untruthful. I am very technical. I have read and re-read the nav manual front to back. The only mention of sorting anything is the location addresses under the navigation/destinations piece. There is no mention of how to sort contacts.

Forums like this one are here to help us all to better understand the products we have purchased and to get the most out of them.

So, if anyone else has any idea how it might be possible to have the contact names sorted by last name instead of by firstname I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Dave
Dave
My most humble apology is due to you and I give it. I assumed and we all know what can happen when you do that . 1st of all my dealers service guy set mine up in the delivery bay and I've just been using it and 'assumed' the info like everything was in the book. I was wrong. After reading your post, I went hunting and couldn't find it. But how did mine get that way ??? Hmm, I pulled out my phone and whatta do ya know, the phone is that way so I've unconsciously been adding them that way.

Note to Jim: before asking anyone to check the book, check it yourself

So it appears at this point that they go in the way they are in your phone. I'm retired so I can get away with entries like 'Mike and Cindy' and know who it is. If I was still working, my contact list would probably look different.

Again, I am so sorry. I certainly did not mean to indicate anything other than genuinely trying to assist you. Please forgive.