RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

iPod Navigation Playlist question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-09, 12:27 PM
np0531
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Navigation Playlist question...

Is it possible to stop the nav unit from switching to the the first song/playlist on every screen when you scroll through your library?

Its kinda annoying that it automatically switches when you change the page.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-09, 09:12 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by np0531
Is it possible to stop the nav unit from switching to the the first song/playlist on every screen when you scroll through your library?

Its kinda annoying that it automatically switches when you change the page.

Thanks!
I would like to know too. 10RX suppose to be first Lexus with new CEO implementation/project emphasizing "quality". Looks like they must have hired fresh graduates to design and implement this RX. It was cool that the controls were remote and everything was easily accessible but novelty wore off in a month. Now slow responding, cumbersome control system is sometimes really frustrating to use and navigate. GPS also seems to be noticeably slow to adjust and correctly target the direction. I should have bought one without the navigation package.
Old 09-19-09, 11:30 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, since people are posting these things I will just keep referencing another thread I started this am about a 'welcome' call I received from Lexus corporate.

When they call, be sure to report this bug. It definitely is a software glitch. I'm not a programmer but I can tell that it's a simple fix. Basically, the system is responding to the scroll and then adding a command to select the first item in the new list. All they need to do is a software update to remove the command to select and just acknowledge the scrolling command.

I'm also hopeful that they will allow the user to have audio information on the screen even when the NAV map is up. I dislike not knowing what station we are on just because we need directions. Again, this should be a relatively easy software fix. They already have the small bar at the top of the screen that drops down and then disappears when you change the station or change the volume. All they need to do is add a bit of info - like station and possibly song/title and allow the user to select if they want to leave that bar on all the time. Not difficult to do.

Sometimes the goal of trying to consolidate everything ends up with less than desirable outcomes.

So again, if corporate calls or you get a survey, make sure to report the bug so they can work on it. Also, let you dealership know. Maybe they can report it as well. I said in the other thread that Lexus SHOULD be monitoring these boards but until we hear from someone at Lexus that they are, I'm not trusting that they are listening so make sure to make your voice heard to Lexus directly.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for the fix!

Jay