RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Garage Door Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-09, 07:45 AM
dennison17
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy Garage Door Issue

Has anyone had any issues with "pairing" their RX 450 with home garage door? I just did this procedure for a newer Mercedes and it worked fine. I have a NEWER LiftMaster door that has the "roaming" feature of generating door codes. I hit the "learn" button on the garge door unit, and then follow the instructions in the Lexus manual to the letter. No go. I also followed the instructions in the garage door manual (they difffer slightly, in that the door manual tells you to hold the Lexus button down until the garage unit beeps; the Lexus manul tells you to hit Home link button 2-3 times and "it will work".) Again... no go.

I'm going to pair a third vehicle to make sure the garage door unit is functioning..... wonder if any of you have had any issues? Any tips?

Thanks
Old 09-22-09, 08:31 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The instructions here should fix your problem:

http://www.homelink.com/programming/programming.taf
Old 09-22-09, 08:39 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dennison17
Has anyone had any issues with "pairing" their RX 450 with home garage door? I just did this procedure for a newer Mercedes and it worked fine. I have a NEWER LiftMaster door that has the "roaming" feature of generating door codes. I hit the "learn" button on the garge door unit, and then follow the instructions in the Lexus manual to the letter. No go. I also followed the instructions in the garage door manual (they difffer slightly, in that the door manual tells you to hold the Lexus button down until the garage unit beeps; the Lexus manul tells you to hit Home link button 2-3 times and "it will work".) Again... no go.

I'm going to pair a third vehicle to make sure the garage door unit is functioning..... wonder if any of you have had any issues? Any tips?

Thanks
My Lexus dealer has sent someone to my home for my last two cars and set the garage door opener Homelink system up for FREE. Give your dealer a call and see if they offer the same service.

Old 09-22-09, 08:45 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good advice already above. Sometimes driving away to program the car does help although I don't know why. Here is an old post of mine that has had some success. I hope it helps.

Originally Posted by TripleL
Here is my 2 cents

In brief use the Lexus manual for programming the transmitter in the car and use the garage door manual for programming the car to the door.

What I did:

1) Open garage door with the door transmitter.
2) Drive a couple of blocks away (so the transmitter will not reach the door) and program a button on your mirror using the Lexus manual instructions
3) Then go back home and follow the door opener manual instructions (basically push the button on the back of the door opener then go to car and push the button on your mirror that you already programmed til the door opener light blinks)
4) Your done.

Good Luck
TripleL
Old 09-22-09, 09:33 AM
dennison17
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Garae Door OPener

VIOLA!!! Thanks to all. I just completed the set up. I guess I was looking at the instructions too literally. You have to go through Phase I (program from your previous transmitter) first!! And then....... if you having the rolling code model you have to follow the rest of the insructions. My mistake was that I knew I had the rolling code features in the garage opener, so I just jumped right to those instructions before doing Phase I. Working great now. Thanks to all!!!
Old 09-24-09, 01:43 AM
wraithmojo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're not alone.... I suffered from the same eagerness and skipped ahead as well! As the manual is so large it's easy to jump ahead to the part that you feel best fits your needs.