RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Bluetooth Connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-09, 08:38 AM
alberthl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Connection

Hello,

Has anyone had a problem when using the Bluetooth connection when calling? I can hear the person I'm calling just fine, but the other party says they can barely hear me.
Old 09-26-09, 03:23 PM
pulp
Rookie

the microphone is located on the roof in the area with the sunroof buttons, right next to the little LED light, try to direct your voice there, it might help.

otherwise you can have the dealer adjust the mic boost for you, by default it's on 0, but they can take it up to +3

Last edited by pulp; 09-26-09 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-27-09, 12:30 AM
alberthl
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'll try that. If not, I'll take it back to the dealer for an adjustment.
Old 10-23-09, 06:02 PM
janicekb
Driver School Candidate

Angry Bluetooth problems with Iphone

I have had the same problem since we bought the car in June! When we bought the car the Iphone was listed on the website as being compatible....after we bought it we saw that the Iphone had been removed. This definitely would have impacted our decision to by the car in the first place as I had the Iphone and was committed to a 2 year contract.
I have been back to Lexus and Apple and finally convinced the dealer that it was Lexus's problem - but as of today the service manager says Lexus has not created any software to fix the problem. I have resorted to a speaker from AT&T that attaches to my window but I am so disappointed and frustrated at Lexus apparent disregard for quality and customer satisfaction. I've owned three and this is the first problem like this but unless they do something and compensate for the aggravation and inconvenience, I will NEVER feel the same about them again and will make sure I tell anyone who will listen. The car is way too expensive for this!
Please if anyone has had this problem and resolved it Let Me Know! thanks
Old 10-24-09, 05:27 AM
np0531
Rookie

Originally Posted by janicekb
I have had the same problem since we bought the car in June! When we bought the car the Iphone was listed on the website as being compatible....after we bought it we saw that the Iphone had been removed. This definitely would have impacted our decision to by the car in the first place as I had the Iphone and was committed to a 2 year contract.
I have been back to Lexus and Apple and finally convinced the dealer that it was Lexus's problem - but as of today the service manager says Lexus has not created any software to fix the problem. I have resorted to a speaker from AT&T that attaches to my window but I am so disappointed and frustrated at Lexus apparent disregard for quality and customer satisfaction. I've owned three and this is the first problem like this but unless they do something and compensate for the aggravation and inconvenience, I will NEVER feel the same about them again and will make sure I tell anyone who will listen. The car is way too expensive for this!
Please if anyone has had this problem and resolved it Let Me Know! thanks
Hmm alberthl do you have an iPhone as well?

I have my RX350 synced to my iPhone 3GS, and i've had the same experience as you. I generally just raise my voice a little louder and they can hear me fine...usually. I'm wondering if this is only iPhone specific, or just in general maybe just the microphone?

Janicekb, are your callers not able to hear you at all? Or is it just very faint?
Old 10-24-09, 07:49 AM
BillON1
Driver School Candidate

I purchased my RX Sport in May and have been very happy with the connection of my Iphone 3G and my wife's Ipod Touch.... other than the already discussed Ipod scrolling deal to change songs..... The issue with low volume of the transmit voice was quickly solved by my Lexus dealer who changed something in the dealer accessible menus. I've only been on the receiving end of a call once after the dealer did the mod and I can't say I have to hold the phone away from my ear but it's entirely acceptable.