RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Door Unlock Options Using Smart Access

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 08:27 AM
dennison17
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Door Unlock Options Using Smart Access

Man, I've had my 450h for a couple weeks and it just keeps getting better!!! What a machine.... I affectionately call it "the beast".

That said, I have combed the manual(s) and cannot find and answer to my question about dock locks. Does anyone know of a way to unlock ALL doors when you use Smart Access? I typically touch the door handle and all goes well for me..... while my wife stands in the rain waiting for me to get in and hit the unlock button.

I know the "double-click" procedure works well to open all doors if you use the remote device, but I was hoping for a "vehicle option" or ?? that unlocks all doors when using the Smart Access approach. Can't seem to find anything in the manual.... and BTW as I fool around with the Nav System there IS a menu that talks about door lock options, but the options are non-descript and meaningless by their title. (Not quite sure just what they are intended to do.... and I'm reluctant to start shotgunning this.) I cannot find ANYTHING in the manual that talks to these options.... Any thoughts?
Old 10-03-09, 09:32 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dennison17
Man, I've had my 450h for a couple weeks and it just keeps getting better!!! What a machine.... I affectionately call it "the beast".

That said, I have combed the manual(s) and cannot find and answer to my question about dock locks. Does anyone know of a way to unlock ALL doors when you use Smart Access? I typically touch the door handle and all goes well for me..... while my wife stands in the rain waiting for me to get in and hit the unlock button.

I know the "double-click" procedure works well to open all doors if you use the remote device, but I was hoping for a "vehicle option" or ?? that unlocks all doors when using the Smart Access approach. Can't seem to find anything in the manual.... and BTW as I fool around with the Nav System there IS a menu that talks about door lock options, but the options are non-descript and meaningless by their title. (Not quite sure just what they are intended to do.... and I'm reluctant to start shotgunning this.) I cannot find ANYTHING in the manual that talks to these options.... Any thoughts?
Look at #6 & #7 here:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RX_with_nav.pdf (763.4 KB, 1341 views)

Last edited by 4482; 10-03-09 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-03-09, 02:19 PM
dennison17
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 4482.... Can you tell me where you found the info

Thanks 4482.... Do you mind telling me where you found that information. I have seen it before (somewhere), but still cannot locate it in my materials. Thanks
Old 10-03-09, 09:27 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bacially, if you touch the passenger side door handle or the tailgate button, all the doors should be unlocked in one single touch.
Old 10-05-09, 10:46 AM
MMakoto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was playing around with those customized settings the other day, i choose to unlock all doors with a single press of the button, but it doesn't seem to work. is this only done by the dealers or i'm missing something?
Old 10-05-09, 11:28 AM
mkimball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dennison17
Thanks 4482.... Do you mind telling me where you found that information. I have seen it before (somewhere), but still cannot locate it in my materials. Thanks
That's a good question...I had to hunt around in Vehicle Settings and found it by trial and error. Could not find this info in the manual...had to figure it out with the screens.
Old 10-06-09, 11:04 AM
rftuck
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Locks

Using the Nav screen for vehicle settings, you can find it under door locks, but it is on the second sreen. you have to go the that second screen and all the settings are there, even for having the door locks lock only after you drive away and not when you move the transmission ****. Their are abiut 4 or 5 different settings you can set.