RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Help with pricing asap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-09, 12:03 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Agree with jskennedy. The discount should be around $3-4K.

Re financing, Chase has always given me the best rates. And they give an additional .25% off for direct payment. I'll get another .25% off for having an account with them which will put me around 4.06%. Your parents can also check rates here http://www.bankrate.com/auto.aspx
Old 10-04-09, 12:56 PM
jjiang826
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my RX350 2010 with prem/comfort/navi at end of Jun. paid $42500 exclue tax
Old 10-05-09, 07:10 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Too bad its too late already, but your parents probably paid about $4000 too much.
Old 10-05-09, 09:11 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

It's not too late. My parents did the same thing recently - bought on a Saturday, cancelled the following Monday. Considering the dealer is familiar with them, there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-05-09, 12:35 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

They are going back today to talk to the salesman again. Hopefully everything works out.
Old 10-05-09, 04:06 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
$49600 for a FWD 350? What a joke! I'd tell your parents to cancel first thing Monday morning and shop around.
+1 kitlz, the stealership is taking advantage of them. The only way to buy a car is with the invoice in hand, you negociate up from there, not down from MSRP and never pay a processing fee!!
Old 10-06-09, 01:39 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusK
... ...
Navi hdd 1 year subscription and XM satellite with 90 day free trial $2465
... ...
Originally Posted by LexusK
The navi stuff was included on the car already..so I dont know about that.. Yes those are the final prices after all taxes and fees.
Still, I cannot figure out this new stuff. With the new Enform on RX10, Lexus does add some additional subscriptions into the package, but no matter how I calcualte, I cannot get this $2465...

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/accessories/enform.html

Attached Thumbnails Help with pricing asap!!!-subscription.jpg  
Old 10-06-09, 02:22 PM
Brewdog
Driver School Candidate

Default Best Way, IMO

dont let them pin you to a specific car. they are trained to do that. have your parents go visist 2 dealers and ask what "Percent Off List" they will honor if they buy the car there. i got 9%. THEN pick the car. if they have to trade to get the car in they may add a couple of hundred (no more!) but if you use the % you dont have to guess if it is a good deal.
Old 10-09-09, 01:07 PM
BlakeAlden
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brewdog
dont let them pin you to a specific car. they are trained to do that. have your parents go visist 2 dealers and ask what "Percent Off List" they will honor if they buy the car there. i got 9%. THEN pick the car. if they have to trade to get the car in they may add a couple of hundred (no more!) but if you use the % you dont have to guess if it is a good deal.
I got 9% off MSRP also.
Old 10-09-09, 01:57 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Local prices in GA

Since I quit financing or leasing and just pay cash I'm not as up on those prices as I used to be, but if this helps anyone, It came in an email yesterday from my dealer.

All Lexus Certified Vehicles Qualify for Rates As Low As 2.9%
With Approved Credit.

2010 Lexus ES350
• 36/10
• $496 + Tax
• $999 Cap Cost Reduction
• 1st payment, tax, title, license and fees due at signing
• Bluetooth Technology
• Power Rear Sunshade
• 17" Wheels with Full Spare
• SmartAccess Key
• Heated and Ventilated Seats
• Wood / Leather Steering Wheel and shift ****
• Telematics
• With Approved Credit
• STK #: 17156
All New 2010 HS250 Full Luxury Hybrid
• $449 + Tax
• Lease 48 months/10k miles per year
• $2499 down plus tax, tag, and title.
• $2,499 Cap Cost Reduction
• With Approved Credit
• Stock#17170
2010 Lexus RX350
• 36/10
• $499 + Tax
• $1,999 Cap Cost Reduction
• Premium Package
• 19" Wheels
• Heated and Ventilated Seats
• Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
• Telematics
• With Approved Credit
• STK #: 17089
Old 10-19-09, 03:23 PM
reefguy
Driver School Candidate

On the topic of price, I'm getting ready to get an RX450h w/ Nav. I wanted to get it with the RSES but they are making very very few of them in my color choice. Well the Mrs' color choice At first, a dealer said that they preferenced the vehicle. After about a month, he calls back and says no can do and that they were told by Lexus that I would have to wait about 3 months. I found another dealer who has the color choice w/ Nav and said that they will install an after market Dual screen RSES. The screen will be in the head rest. I've agreed to the price of 51K. The previous dealer was charging me 51.5K but was willing to sell me a car with Nav & RSES he had in stock for 50.7K.

I live in the CT. Do you folks thinks this is an OK deal for this car with these options / packages ? I believe that it has just about everything else with the exception of the Heads-up Display, Auto Speed adjusting Cruise & the Mark Levinson sound system.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Old 10-19-09, 03:56 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by reefguy
On the topic of price, I'm getting ready to get an RX450h w/ Nav. I wanted to get it with the RSES but they are making very very few of them in my color choice. Well the Mrs' color choice At first, a dealer said that they preferenced the vehicle. After about a month, he calls back and says no can do and that they were told by Lexus that I would have to wait about 3 months. I found another dealer who has the color choice w/ Nav and said that they will install an after market Dual screen RSES. The screen will be in the head rest. I've agreed to the price of 51K. The previous dealer was charging me 51.5K but was willing to sell me a car with Nav & RSES he had in stock for 50.7K.

I live in the CT. Do you folks thinks this is an OK deal for this car with these options / packages ? I believe that it has just about everything else with the exception of the Heads-up Display, Auto Speed adjusting Cruise & the Mark Levinson sound system.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
imho, i'd go with the oem rses. it's cleaner looking, and you are less likely to have warranty issues if anything goes wrong with the rses. select aftermarket rses only if the quality and warranty is better than oem.
Old 10-19-09, 08:19 PM
reefguy
Driver School Candidate

Thx, Storm. While I agree with what you are saying, I have been unable to locate a car in Red with the Nav & RSES. I have contacted numerous dealers and all have told me that Lexus is not building that many cars with RSES and even less in that color. As per the dealer, the RSES they are installing is a Lexus Factory version. Although I doubt that but I don't have proof. However, they are warranting it for the same period as the car - 4 yr. / 40K miles. The other benefit is that we will be able to listen to the music via CD while the kids watch their movie. The RSES units will also feature wireless headphones like the OEM. We've been stuck with just one car, a Honda Civic, after I crashed the '99 GS400 back in August. Thus, it's starting to become a royal pain in getting this car. I'm at the point of forgoing the exterior color and almost did. But the Mrs did not want the Pearl White exterior and the current version was the only viable alternative that gets us the car in a couple of weeks. I just wish I had the luxury of being able to wait 3 months or so for the perfect car.
Old 10-19-09, 09:25 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by reefguy
Thx, Storm. While I agree with what you are saying, I have been unable to locate a car in Red with the Nav & RSES. I have contacted numerous dealers and all have told me that Lexus is not building that many cars with RSES and even less in that color. As per the dealer, the RSES they are installing is a Lexus Factory version. Although I doubt that but I don't have proof. However, they are warranting it for the same period as the car - 4 yr. / 40K miles. The other benefit is that we will be able to listen to the music via CD while the kids watch their movie. The RSES units will also feature wireless headphones like the OEM. We've been stuck with just one car, a Honda Civic, after I crashed the '99 GS400 back in August. Thus, it's starting to become a royal pain in getting this car. I'm at the point of forgoing the exterior color and almost did. But the Mrs did not want the Pearl White exterior and the current version was the only viable alternative that gets us the car in a couple of weeks. I just wish I had the luxury of being able to wait 3 months or so for the perfect car.
you are looking at a 450h aurora white pearl right? it's not a bad color really. it's quite "vibrant" compared to the regular star fire pearl. take the mrs for another look under the sun; this color is 450h specific (it's not available for other lexus models)
Old 10-20-09, 04:54 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt that it is the lexus factory version though. I went to 2 dealers here in Mass and both offer 2 different versions (non-factory): 1 is the replacement of the headrest and the other they said they will actually cut up the headrest and install the unit there. The good thing is they said the units are under warranty as if they are factory units but the price is quite high though (3K). I ended up ordering the car but the wait is killing me....

Quick Reply: Help with pricing asap!!!