RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

So I didn't get the new lexus RX-350...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-09, 07:45 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
I think you failed to mention what car company warranties their cars forever??? I think the Lexus 48 month warranty is pretty good, as it sure beats most American cars with their 3 year warranty. If you buy a used Lexus the balance of the 4 year warranty continues. Of course like with any car when the Lexus warranty expires so do the little perks like the roadside assistance. I'm sure most people are told about the Lexus warranty and perks when they buy the car, and can also read about it in detail in their warranty guide like you and I did.

Nothings lasts forever, not even a Lexus.

Good points all, and you're right. Nothing last's forever except this thread. I'm on to better topics now. The whiners have taken over worried that Lexus won't warranty until the end of time.
Old 10-25-09, 07:52 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Good points all, and you're right. Nothing last's forever except this thread. I'm on to better topics now. The whiners have taken over worried that Lexus won't warranty until the end of time.
We are here on this forum to discuss topics and its always best to present opposing views. If we are all extolling the virtues of Lexus, there is no point in having a discussion. No whiner here, just facts. You can present your side in a factual intelligent manner without resorting to labelling people as whiners.
Old 10-26-09, 06:42 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LeoDLion
We are here on this forum to discuss topics and its always best to present opposing views. If we are all extolling the virtues of Lexus, there is no point in having a discussion. No whiner here, just facts. You can present your side in a factual intelligent manner without resorting to labelling people as whiners.
Well said. You describe the difference in true car enthusiasts and Lexus groupies. I think they should feature a "Shinny Happy Room" on here for those people. They can talk about such subjects as, "I saw a Lexus in a movie last night" and "People who admire my Lexus at the gas pump". Silly
Old 10-26-09, 05:17 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by DNC
Well said. You describe the difference in true car enthusiasts and Lexus groupies. I think they should feature a "Shinny Happy Room" on here for those people. They can talk about such subjects as, "I saw a Lexus in a movie last night" and "People who admire my Lexus at the gas pump". Silly
So, DNC, you consider yourself a true car enthusiast? How enthusiastic!
Old 10-26-09, 09:03 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

hmmm--big thread here.

my major metric on the 450h:

my wife thinks the car is a dream.

and it is her car.

and I think it is a a darn nice car--my families best all around car and we have had some nice cars. Fault free? no- mostly great, yes.
Old 10-27-09, 07:05 AM
lapdrn
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

need help in installing cross rails 2010 rx 350
Old 10-27-09, 09:53 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lapdrn
need help in installing cross rails 2010 rx 350
There is a thread on how to remove the cross rails here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...oss-rails.html

So I figure to install them is to just reverse the procedure.
Old 10-27-09, 05:41 PM
LexFather

Ladies and Gents lets stay on topic here thanks.

We'll work on the "shiny room forum" and a "whiners" forum Thanks
Old 10-28-09, 08:02 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]4482 and RXSF
Thank you for bringing that up. It's sad but this forum sometimes has a tendency to become a place to whine rather than make good points or ask questions.
What you call whining, other call information when they are in this forum to research the RX. If all we ever post in here is praise, how boring would that be?
Old 10-28-09, 07:17 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The G Man
What you call whining, other call information when they are in this forum to research the RX. If all we ever post in here is praise, how boring would that be?
I understand that forums at audiworld are not as entertaining, but name one item that you call 'informational' or worth the research in the original post (yes, 1SICK, getting on topic)?

Originally Posted by jasonjm
In 2006 when I got my lexus RX-330, it stood out from the pack.

However, 4 years later, I am pretty unsure why people would get the 2010 version.

from my perspective

1) horribly overpriced when options are added, the AWD version gets to over $50k. Half of these options should have been standard IMO (IE on the base model).
2) Engine noise and road noise are WAY worse than than the previous gen, and off the charts when compared to competitors.
3) joystick NAV a step backwards, touchscreen is so much faster, almost like lexus feels the need to join the BMW iDrive parade.
4) lots of wasted space in the front cabin, space was not utilized smartly up there.
5) and lastly, most people will not be able to tell the difference from old version to new (lexus people will, but man on street - no). Since this is a luxury brand, which is supposed to impart some prestige on the buyer, this is a very stupid move by lexus.

Lexus sales are down significantly (far more than other luxury brands), just wondering if more people are seeing the same things I am seeing.
Old 10-28-09, 11:04 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the original post:

I do agree some of your points. I believe the latest RX won't lead the luxury SUV sales like it used to be. Not the new RX is not a good car but others have catch up significantly. Driving the RX won’t get me excited, translation is “boring”. It serves its purpose well as a family SUV and I think more female will drive the RX than male.

I test drove a bunch SUVs priced $35K ~ $55k before I purchased a Mazda CX-9 three months ago. The CX-9 made the family SUV fun-to-drive for $41K and I ditched the RX350.
Old 10-29-09, 05:29 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciate everyone's contribution on here. My results have been different than some, both good and bad, but I want to hear ALL good and bad in order to know the RX better, not just my particular RX. I see no need to turn this into a Friday night football game. Connecting with your car in such a manner is just dumb. There is a goldmine of knowledge on here. Let's not get caught on attaching our self esteem to our cars; We are very thankful we can afford our car but for god sake it's just an entry level Lexus grocery getter. Having said that, at this point, I think it does what it does well (not perfect) and I would buy another.
Old 10-29-09, 05:51 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DNC
I appreciate everyone's contribution on here. My results have been different than some, both good and bad, but I want to hear ALL good and bad in order to know the RX better, not just my particular RX. I see no need to turn this into a Friday night football game. Connecting with your car in such a manner is just dumb. There is a goldmine of knowledge on here. Let's not get caught on attaching our self esteem to our cars; We are very thankful we can afford our car but for god sake it's just an entry level Lexus grocery getter. Having said that, at this point, I think it does what it does well (not perfect) and I would buy another.
Well said DNC, it seems like every time someone post something negative in this RX forum, it turns into a free for all. There are a few posters here who seem to jump on every negative post and try to prevent members from posting their negative experience with their RX. If the Mods are reading this, they should really discourage this pattern from these members. I for one would like to read positive post as well as negative ones.
Old 10-29-09, 07:17 PM
data2009
Pole Position

It seems like every time someone posts something negative on this RX forum, some members who do not own RX, not researching an entry level Lexus grocery getter, jump on every negative experience and pass their 'facts', mostly based on internet articles, as truth. On other forums, they are called trolls. On this forum, they are called true car enthusiasts. Done here. If Mods are reading this, can someone add an 'ignore' button to the list of desired enhancements for vBulletin's next release, please?

Last edited by data2009; 10-29-09 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-30-09, 08:04 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by data2009
It seems like every time someone posts something negative on this RX forum, some members who do not own RX, not researching an entry level Lexus grocery getter, jump on every negative experience and pass their 'facts', mostly based on internet articles, as truth. On other forums, they are called trolls. On this forum, they are called true car enthusiasts. Done here. If Mods are reading this, can someone add an 'ignore' button to the list of desired enhancements for vBulletin's next release, please?
So the OP which had a 06 RX and just recently traded it in is a troll just because he did not tarde it in for a 2010 RX

Quick Reply: So I didn't get the new lexus RX-350...