RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-09 | 09:06 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Default dealer experience

First 5k maintenance; my 10RX had steering that was little off to left-side from day one but I wanted to get it fix during 5k visit along with whatever I can find during the period.

I bring the RX in and explain the problem; I knew I was in trouble when he kept on referring to my 10RX as 09RX and mumbles on about 09 steering. My RX was parked right in front of his counter so he can’t possibly have mistaken for 09RX. Than he said I will have to wait for Lexus to send me information about floor mat. I slowly explained to him what I want done and he wrote something down on the work order.

I go back two hours later only to find the vehicle in same condition as before only with oil and wash. I explained to service manger and service tech who worked on the car. Service manager recommended I demonstrate to service tech using my RX and loaner RX. During the first drive I explained to the service tech who says out of surprise “you lied” and to convince me that everything was checked on the alignment rack. I kept my patience, and during second test drive [my RX], I show him the differences and he then admits he didn’t put it on the alignment rack because the line was too long and that he only test droved the vehicle. He then goes on to tell me he couldn’t understand the service manager's English. Truth was that I couldn’t understand either one as English is not their first language. I requested another service tech look at it on the alignment rack. Problem is fixed but my experience is no better than what I would experience at Chevy dealers [worst of the worst].

I had a lot of new cars and dealer experiences in my life and discovered a whole new experience with 1994 LS400 back in 1994 when my family ventured from BMW to their first Lexus and few other Lexus series followed over the years but this experience has finally pushed me overboard. for Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly
Old 11-02-09 | 02:03 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by sightdev
First 5k maintenance; my 10RX had steering that was little off to left-side from day one but I wanted to get it fix during 5k visit along with whatever I can find during the period.

I bring the RX in and explain the problem; I knew I was in trouble when he kept on referring to my 10RX as 09RX and mumbles on about 09 steering. My RX was parked right in front of his counter so he can’t possibly have mistaken for 09RX. Than he said I will have to wait for Lexus to send me information about floor mat. I slowly explained to him what I want done and he wrote something down on the work order.

I go back two hours later only to find the vehicle in same condition as before only with oil and wash. I explained to service manger and service tech who worked on the car. Service manager recommended I demonstrate to service tech using my RX and loaner RX. During the first drive I explained to the service tech who says out of surprise “you lied” and to convince me that everything was checked on the alignment rack. I kept my patience, and during second test drive [my RX], I show him the differences and he then admits he didn’t put it on the alignment rack because the line was too long and that he only test droved the vehicle. He then goes on to tell me he couldn’t understand the service manager's English. Truth was that I couldn’t understand either one as English is not their first language. I requested another service tech look at it on the alignment rack. Problem is fixed but my experience is no better than what I would experience at Chevy dealers [worst of the worst].

I had a lot of new cars and dealer experiences in my life and discovered a whole new experience with 1994 LS400 back in 1994 when my family ventured from BMW to their first Lexus and few other Lexus series followed over the years but this experience has finally pushed me overboard. for Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly
I am sorry this happened to you. Our conversation would have been over with the commit "you lied". My next conversation would have been with the owner of that dealership and later with Lexus. I hope your survey reflects all you have described.
Some of these stories really shock me. This would NEVER happen at the dealership I visit.
Old 11-02-09 | 03:08 PM
sightdev
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DNC
I am sorry this happened to you. Our conversation would have been over with the commit "you lied". My next conversation would have been with the owner of that dealership and later with Lexus. I hope your survey reflects all you have described.
Some of these stories really shock me. This would NEVER happen at the dealership I visit.
I wanted to work it out with the service tech and give him the benefit of the doubt and didn’t want to stress him even more. I am sure it is difficult for him as it is with his limited English. I also wanted to make sure I get it fixed so I don’t ever have to go back to Pohanka. I have seen complaints about Pohanka Lexus in dealer rating site but it is walking distance from my current work so I tried them for both purchase and service. Both purchase and service experience has been 1 out of 10. Survey came second months into ownership so I didn’t get a chance to rate the service. Next time I will return to Lindsay in Alexandria for service and sales. Amazing how one dealer can be so different from another.
Old 11-02-09 | 03:14 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Damn, if that happened to me, my service advisor would be bouncing the tech's a** out the door. She has big ones My advice would be to find a service advisor who listens and works with you. It certainly wouldn't be at that dealer. And yes, make sure you get in touch with Lexus and the survey has the lowest marks possible. That'll come back to bite them. Good luck.
Old 11-02-09 | 06:40 PM
DNC
Advanced

I wanted to work it out with the service tech and give him the benefit of the doubt and didn’t want to stress him even more. I am sure it is difficult for him as it is with his limited English. I also wanted to make sure I get it fixed so I don’t ever have to go back to Pohanka. I have seen complaints about Pohanka Lexus in dealer rating site but it is walking distance from my current work so I tried them for both purchase and service. Both purchase and service experience has been 1 out of 10. Survey came second months into ownership so I didn’t get a chance to rate the service. Next time I will return to Lindsay in Alexandria for service and sales. Amazing how one dealer can be so different from another.
You are more patient than I am and more generous with money. You deserve better, you are the customer. Does being called a lie fit into the old Lexus motto, "Lexus will treat each customer as we would a guest in our home"?
I would expect better if I were paying minimum wage. It goes beyond cost; it's a matter of common decency.
Old 11-03-09 | 08:32 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmm, Pohanka Lexus, I have heard that name a few time in this forum and none of it was good. Call up 1-800-Lexus and file a formal complain and take your business else where.
Old 11-03-09 | 12:13 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Fortunately, I've got a GREAT dealership near me in Northboro, MA. The service, primarily due to the manager, Gene Robbins, has been beyond excellent. They were great with my '07RX and so far, my '10RX has been trouble-free, not even little squeaks or rattles(knock on wood).
Old 11-04-09 | 12:46 PM
htn
Driver School Candidate

I feel the same way about my local Lexus dealer.
First of all, they never took responsibility with racking up 120+ miles when my car was in for bumper fix. They pointed fingers to the body shop they used.
2nd, they still owe me a new leather seat. It is now 3.5 months of ownership and they are still putting me in the back burner. This was agreed prior to the purchase, since the seat was defective in certain areas.

SA told me that I should call the Service Manager to set this up. He never called me back. This has been my second call already. Another week has passed on by.

This is a very minor issue, but they should never let the customer track them down. Being proactive is key to customer satisfaction. I will continue to wait and just see how long it would take for them to sort this out.

I will never ever do business with them again. Took my RX in for oil change at local Toyota dealer today...Awesome experience. No Bull... excellent service.

I guess it's thumbs down for Lexus of Clearwater.
Old 11-04-09 | 12:51 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jclem
Fortunately, I've got a GREAT dealership near me in Northboro, MA. The service, primarily due to the manager, Gene Robbins, has been beyond excellent. They were great with my '07RX and so far, my '10RX has been trouble-free, not even little squeaks or rattles(knock on wood).
May I ask which dealer do u use in MA?
Old 11-04-09 | 02:27 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The G Man
May I ask which dealer do u use in MA?
Sure, Lexus of Northboro. Tell Gene I sent you. He has gone well beyond "the call of duty" for me for the past 3 years.
Apparently, they were rated #1 in service in the nation last year! I'm sure most of that is due to Gene.
Old 11-04-09 | 08:13 PM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Default Lexus sales and service

for Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly
Good to know it wasn't just me. I am in the market for a replacement for my 01' RX300 Silversport (going strong at 113k miles) and went by Pohanka a couple of weeks ago. I found the salesperson underinformed about the '10 RX's. I had previously purchased a 96 GS and a 99 RX from them but went with Lindsay in Alexandria for my '01. I think I'll go in to talk to them about a 2010, although I'm leaning towards waiting until next spring for a possible '11 model that works out a few of the kinks that folks have been reporting with their '10 350's and 450's.

It'd be nice to see a special edition (à la Silversport) to come out for the current RX line.

I have gotten away from Lexus service after my GS300 (When Lexus service used to be a value). For the last 8-9 years I have used a local independent garage for everything and been just as well off and with a lot less $$ out of pocket. Those "free" loaners and comfy chairs at the Lexus dealer add up after a couple of services.