RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Motorola Droid

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-09, 08:27 AM
Needler56
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an 09 is250 and at first it paired, but didn't connect. it kept on failing. i re-did it and it works great. it even took my contacts (didn't take my contacts from my previous phone, lgenv2 vx9100)

would anyone happen to know if the home screen on the droid can be set as the dial pad?
Old 12-22-09, 08:50 AM
Needler56
Driver

actually nm, i just realized that i can just leave the dial pad open
Old 12-22-09, 01:06 PM
MFL8
Driver School Candidate

If someone could post instrux for pairing and for getting contacts into car from Verizon's Motorola DROID - or a link to such, I would be deeply grateful. have searched half the world over and cannot find - neither can my usually superb LEXUS dealer. Have '05 RX330. I note so many refs above to "yes, it works" but not HOW it works - and if link is available for Droid "contacts" widget from Medieval Software, that would be much appreciated, too. Thank you for your kindness!
Old 01-02-10, 08:11 AM
noquaname
Driver School Candidate

MFL8,
Have you successfully paired your Droid with your RX?
Just received my '10 ES350 and Droid and would like to know if you have a quick insturx for us??

Thanks,
Old 01-02-10, 04:27 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did get Droid in 3rd week of Dec, but never hooked it up with my RX. I'll give it a try next Tuesday/Wednesday.
Old 01-03-10, 06:01 PM
noquaname
Driver School Candidate

OK.
I was able to pair my Droid with the '10 ES-350. Actually, all credit goes to my teenage daughter she is very patient, willing to listen to the instruction very patiently and not rush likesome of us whom think that we are "smart"!!
Info may also found here but nothing about the Droit.
http://wsf1.lexusbluetooth.letstalk....1&setZip=08502

You may also youtube.com here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGiBR4Tp-M

I am still not able to transfer all of my Droid contacts to the phone book but i am happy
to get thus far.

Good luck and let me know HOW do you transfer all of your Droid contacts.

Thanks!!
Old 01-06-10, 07:18 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Bluetooth is Bluetooth, regardless of the phone. Should be fine.
That wasn't true for me. I bought my T-mobile Tap and it wouldn't pair up with the bluetooth. What I had to do is everytime I got in the car, start over. HELL NO. Returned the phone and went back to my old phone.
My suggestion is to ask to try the phone out first. Or have some sort of return policy. Nobody thought there would be a problem. Right now, there is a trouble ticket opened for that phone. Nice phone but I'm not going to sit in my car every time and redo the whole bluetooth thing. The car is supposed to find it, not the phone find the car.
Old 01-06-10, 10:49 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rxets
I did get Droid in 3rd week of Dec, but never hooked it up with my RX. I'll give it a try next Tuesday/Wednesday.
Unfortunately, quite busy today, I only had a chance of trying it a few mins. I couldn't pair it in one shot.

I'll give it a try this Friday.

Updated: failed to get it a try... need to get another demo for testing later. Oops.

Last edited by rxets; 01-30-10 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Updated.
Old 01-09-10, 09:47 PM
MSW
Driver School Candidate

Today I finally got around to helping my wife connect her phone to bluetooth and that worked fine after I read both the Lexus manual and her Samsung phone manual. But so far I have not been able to transfer her phone book to the car. Every time I start the bluetooth to transfer the contacts the cel phone displays a message "car multimedia disconnected." When I cancel the action, the cel phone then says "car multimedia connected." The phone contact never gets transferred. Using the cel phone to dial does put the call on the bluetooth in the RX though, so the handsfree part seems to work.
Old 08-17-10, 06:42 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Sprint 'EPIC' 4 G Android

I have a deposit on the new Sprint phone scheduled for Intro August 31st. I read all the reviews and elected to go for it over the Evo HTC built model for Sprint. Both are on waiting lists but I was able to squeeze into a 1st delivery batch at Radio Shack. Sometime early next month it will be scheduled for Android 2.2 to be downloaded to it.

Hopefully it will load the contacts into my RX 450h as well as my current model did for hands free use.

If anyone has experience with the EVO on the new Gen III RX with Nav, please sound off.
Old 08-17-10, 08:24 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

I just tried my Motorola Droid with a 2010 RX with NAV. Once you pair it, transfer contacts from the car. The phone will ask you if you want to allow access. I believe it called it "PBAP". Just look in the status bar at the top of the screen. It took about 3 seconds to transfer. My Droid is rooted and running Android 2.2. I don't know it this makes a difference. Hope this helps.
Old 08-17-10, 02:20 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by offroad200
I just tried my Motorola Droid with a 2010 RX with NAV. Once you pair it, transfer contacts from the car. The phone will ask you if you want to allow access. I believe it called it "PBAP". Just look in the status bar at the top of the screen. It took about 3 seconds to transfer. My Droid is rooted and running Android 2.2. I don't know it this makes a difference. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Which model do you have? Swype is going to be standard on the Epic which I think is funny because it also has the pull out keyboard while the EVO doesn't offer it as standard. But I guess one could find the trial app and maybe that would work.

My phone will probably arrive with droid 2.1 and need to be upgraded to 2.2. I'm told I can do it manually once it's online or it will be automatic in the 1st week of next month.

Now just to be sure I understand what you're saying, I can transfer the contacts already in the car to the new phone ??? I was wondering if they would even work with the new phone. That's great news.

Last edited by Cruiter; 08-17-10 at 02:22 PM. Reason: additional
Old 08-17-10, 05:32 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

I have the HTC incredible--the bluetooth works just fine but I have not tried to migrate the contacts yet--still my wife car.

I'll have to get the widget if I can find it.
BTW--nice comfortable phone with fast internet service thru VZ
Old 08-18-10, 06:35 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Thanks
Which model do you have? Swype is going to be standard on the Epic which I think is funny because it also has the pull out keyboard while the EVO doesn't offer it as standard. But I guess one could find the trial app and maybe that would work.[FONT]
I have the first Motorola Droid. I downloaded that app but didn't use it. Once I paired it up and selected transfer from the NAV, the phone asked to connect. So, yes you can transfer contacts.
Old 09-04-10, 05:44 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Default Sprint 'EPIC' 4 G Android-Rocks

Well I got the phone on the 31st and knew squat about smart/android phones so I've been sucking in knowledge like it was coming from a fire hose. This was a total paradigm shift for someone that just had a cell to make phone calls only.

What I can say with a qualified statement is like others have said it pairs right off the bat with the contact info already in my 450h's hard drive and I haven't skipped a beat on phone calls.

The phone is great and does everything it advertises and does it well, including sucking the battery . I guess when I quit playing with all the apps I'll get through the day w/o plugging it in.

Yesterday I managed to get a few songs on it. When I get more I'll try and see if I can simultaneously play music and do phone combination's through the USB port so I can keep it charging while in the car.

BTW, for anyone w/o the NAV system in their RX, the phone comes with a pretty good one and is part of their 'everything you can eat' for one price plan.

Quick Reply: Motorola Droid