RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Weathertech--Horrible customer service!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-09, 02:01 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weathertech--Horrible customer service!!!

I ordered a full floor-liner protection package direct from Weathertech/Macniel Automotive--it cost me $362. del'd
While looking for something else, I found AutoAnything.com. They had the exact same package for $307 and then a 10% off special--so $273 del'd. Not $10 or 15 bucks but almost $100 less!!!
I called Weathertech to see if they would match or at least give me something off, and I got nothing, except for "So what do you want to do, sir, buy something else, return these, what do you want?"
I was stunned!! Not even a token effort to keep me happy. I'd love to return the mats but can only imagine what the return shipping cost will be.
Guess I know where I'll never shop again. WOW

BTW, Auto Anything calls the mats "Weathertech Extreme duty floorliners", but I had already confirmed with Weathertech that these were the exact same thing as what they call "Digitalfit floorliners".
Old 12-18-09, 02:35 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont see what the problem is. Customer service gave you the option to return it. I would just return and buy the one you'll be happy with.
Old 12-18-09, 04:50 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jclem
I ordered a full floor-liner protection package direct from Weathertech/Macniel Automotive--it cost me $362. del'd
While looking for something else, I found AutoAnything.com. They had the exact same package for $307 and then a 10% off special--so $273 del'd. Not $10 or 15 bucks but almost $100 less!!!
I called Weathertech to see if they would match or at least give me something off, and I got nothing, except for "So what do you want to do, sir, buy something else, return these, what do you want?"
I was stunned!! Not even a token effort to keep me happy. I'd love to return the mats but can only imagine what the return shipping cost will be.

BTW, Auto Anything calls the mats "Weathertech Extreme duty floorliners", but I had already confirmed with Weathertech that these were the exact same thing as what they call "Digitalfit floorliners".
The same thing always happens to me. After buying something, the very next day I find it somewhere for less. It's to the point after I buy something, I stop looking elsewhere for the same item.

Old 12-18-09, 05:45 PM
Joe G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, do they lock into the Lexus hooks to prevent sliding under the pedals?
Our mats were part of a dealer package including full exterior molding kit, tinted windows, pinstriping, cargo net, and oh yeah a Lexus blanket.
Old 12-18-09, 06:37 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear this story. I guess that customer services rep didn't get the proper training for this, and the rep may never get the right to discuss the discount which the company is never offered at the time. The rep even forgot to forward your call to their respective supervisor... well, you should feel happy that you already used them, and you still can return them. With the new items you're going to get, you will get some savings. Many ppl out there don't want to return them 'cause the price difference is not that much; many ppl want to spend a little more time to shop around in the future.
Old 12-18-09, 07:28 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

I wouldn't say thats horrible service.
Old 12-18-09, 08:15 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe G
Just curious, do they lock into the Lexus hooks to prevent sliding under the pedals?...
Yes they do and right now mine are covered with salt and sand. What great carpet savers!
Old 12-21-09, 07:50 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Did you expect weathertech to match the auto anything's price. I dont think it was terrible customer service, at least they gave you an option to return it.
Old 12-22-09, 05:17 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The G Man
Did you expect weathertech to match the auto anything's price. I dont think it was terrible customer service, at least they gave you an option to return it.
I don't think it would have been unreasonable for them to match--companies do that all the time. However, they didn't even offer a token $5 or $10 off and remember they were almost $100 (30%) more! And this is direct from the source itself, so I would imagine that their cost is less than AutoAnything's. Big deal, they let me return it, but I have to pay shipping costs--again, and we're talking heavy, bulky mats, not license plate covers.

I'll give you an example of what I consider good customer service: Amazon.com. I ordered 2 boxes of K-cups coffee--that's 48 little containers of coffee grounds. The packaging wasn't very good and 2 of the little cups had broken open. Not a real biggie, it was just 2 of them, but I decided to contact them to suggest that they package the boxes more carefully. Amazon CS's response? They replaced the ENTIRE order and didn't even ask me to send the others back!!
Now, THAT is good customer service. Will I order from them again? You bet! Will I order from weathertech again? Never.
Old 12-22-09, 05:28 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Just an FYI....AutoAnything.com is where I buy all my stuff. I bought CTS-V floor mats for my son that were unbeatable anywhere else and OEM looking. I would like to say....almost better.
Old 12-22-09, 05:45 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

I too had a bad experience with Weathertech. The deflectors for my friend's car did not fit. They made returning them next to impossible and took their time refunding money.

I have ordered from autoanything a few times - great place and nice prices. I like carid too. I got my Lloyd rubbertite mats from them. No Weathertech mats for me.
Old 12-22-09, 06:21 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't think it would have been unreasonable for them to match--companies do that all the time. However, they didn't even offer a token $5 or $10 off and remember they were almost $100 (30%) more! And this is direct from the source itself, so I would imagine that their cost is less than AutoAnything's. Big deal, they let me return it, but I have to pay shipping costs--again, and we're talking heavy, bulky mats, not license plate covers.

I'll give you an example of what I consider good customer service: Amazon.com. I ordered 2 boxes of K-cups coffee--that's 48 little containers of coffee grounds. The packaging wasn't very good and 2 of the little cups had broken open. Not a real biggie, it was just 2 of them, but I decided to contact them to suggest that they package the boxes more carefully. Amazon CS's response? They replaced the ENTIRE order and didn't even ask me to send the others back!!
Now, THAT is good customer service. Will I order from them again? You bet! Will I order from weathertech again? Never.
Why are you comparing the number one online retailer in the US, Amazon.com, with some small floor mat company? I know for a fact that Amazon will not price match either.
Old 12-22-09, 06:09 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

48 K-cups coffee? It's about $40-$80, right? (Maybe I had a lapse of memory.) The prime cost would be even much much less. It makes sense to send you another 48 for free, which will help ensure you stay with them and buy coffee from them frequently. They earn $$ from the volume orders in the long term.

We all agree that weathertech has the horrible CS... no doubt! More training is needed.
Old 12-23-09, 09:15 AM
gr8330
Rookie

A lot of manufactures have an agreement with their resellers that they will not under cut them or even sell the product at a discount from the mfg's web site.
Old 12-23-09, 04:59 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=

We all agree that weathertech has the horrible CS... no doubt! More training is needed.[/QUOTE]

I've made 3 purchases from WeatherTech and never had a problem. I did my homework before the purchase so never had buyers remorse. It does not make sense to me to shop for a better price AFTER a purchase at WeatherTech, or anywhere else for that matter. I guess that's why many places now have restocking fees.

Quick Reply: Weathertech--Horrible customer service!!!