RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What should Lexus improve on the 2010 RX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 06:48 PM
RA122022
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Given how much effort was putting into keeping the driver's eyes on the road (elevated nav screen, steering wheel controls, available heads up display, ...) why did they put the clock so low down you have to take your eyes quite a bit off the road to look at it?
Old 11-01-10, 01:22 AM
flystone
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. The stupid SOS button now takes over the sunglass storage
2. Both 12v outlets are hidden under center consle and is hard to access
3. Center console only opens up 45 degree make access items inside really hard
4. No A/C on/off & Dual buttons on the climate control console for cars w/ navi
5. No 3d view mode & no traffic information (like a run down list where we can browse)
Old 11-01-10, 06:05 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Improve the USB audio system.
Seat memory should include the rear view mirror.
Centralize instrument data insted of being everywhere in the cockpit.
Paint is too thin and easily chip.
Eliminate rattles.
Voice system is useless.
On engine cover, better hold down plastic clips.
The center console cup holder ate my cell phone. I have to take it in and they said they have to remove the entire console to get to the cell phone. Charged me $50.
N2 in the tires? Anybody gonna maintain it at that?
GPS SHOULD BE ENABLE FOR DESTINATION CHANGES WHETHER MOVING OR NOT.
PHONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DIAL WHETHER MOVING OR NOT.

Last edited by LeoDLion; 11-01-10 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-01-10, 07:17 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

All for better paint and Improve the USB audio system and Eliminate rattles.
As for "Seat memory should include the rear view mirror" another motor and more cost
and something else to go bad after the 50k miles or 48 months is up, could do with out.
Voice system is useless much better than what is in my 2005 RX 330 .
All in all a very good list
Old 11-01-10, 07:48 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skoobz2001
1. The center console is a joke. It is dangerous to try and access while driving and the plugs for USB etc are in a horrible location.
2. The iPod interface is a huge PITA.
3. The Nav system is a joke.
4. The Mark Levinson stereo is a waste of money. It sounds NO BETTER than the standard stereo which we heard when had a loaner HS. For the kind of money they say it's worth, it really is a laugh how "unupgraded" it truly is.
5. The handsfree microphone is terrible - even after having it replaced with a new one, you still have to yell for the person on the other end to hear you.

My complaints really are all with the media/nav unit. It's amateur stuff, and 30 seconds in pretty much any other brand shows how far behind this system lags.
skoobz,I felt exactly the same way with the ML in a GS I owned.

Improvements...
Lane departure warning.
Better sound system standard.
Smoother ride
Overhead console lighting
Eliminate NAV lockout
Accessible utility outlet
Sunglasses holder back
Full size spare and alloy wheel like the last generation RX

Last edited by Joeb427; 11-01-10 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-01-10, 09:02 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Increase performance to at least 300hp.
Old 11-01-10, 11:52 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

The 450h is at 295 HP. Close enough. The way I look at it is all of those horses will be useless in a snowstorm chugging along at 10 MPH or less. The rest of the stuff I can basically agree with here and there. But it doesn't make me enjoy my RX any less though.
Old 11-01-10, 04:42 PM
flystone
Rookie

Originally Posted by flystone
1. The stupid SOS button now takes over the sunglass storage
2. Both 12v outlets are hidden under center consle and is hard to access
3. Center console only opens up 45 degree make access items inside really hard
4. No A/C on/off & Dual buttons on the climate control console for cars w/ navi
5. No 3d view mode & no traffic information (like a run down list where we can browse)
6. Should have illuminated overhead buttons
7. Moon roof slide door should have some vent holes
Old 11-01-10, 08:42 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

1) there should be storage bins underneath the trunk floor
2) the bottom of the doors should be wrapped in fabric like on my benz. That way, the door does not scratch
Old 11-02-10, 12:07 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ceiling sunglass compartment disappeared with the SOS button. As a woman I would like a place to keep my purse when there is a passenger. The previous model had a space in front of the gear shift. The current hole at the bottom is a weird size and inconvenient--doesn't work for purses! Currently I have a box of tissues and an umbrella there!
Old 11-03-10, 01:45 PM
Fitzgerald
Driver School Candidate

Default Some more

Positive:
- Utterly reliable in every way.
- There are no lockouts on any of the menus while in motion, so those who have lockouts should be able to remove them.
- Mirrors do indeed adjust with the seat memory, though I seem to remember this may have been a menu choice I had to select.
- iPod integration works well, though slow, and with limited text.
- Very comfortable at highway speeds. I do not have the air suspension.
- It is so high that my (short/fat) mother-in-law cannot get in without a footstool. Ideal.
- Loads of space in the back seats. My teenage daughters love it.
- 10k mile (15k km.) oil change interval, despite what it seems to say in North American manuals. It does not say that here, where the first three years of service are included in the purchase price.

Opportunities for improvement:

- Ergonomics of the nav/entertainment system are crazy. Why do I have to click OK on the map warning message and backtrack to get at the phone menu the first time after starting the car if using the mouse, when I don't have to do it if I use the button on the steering wheel? Why do I have to click on the same map warning if I go to the radio after starting the car and then want to put back the energy screen (450h)? The car starts with the energy screen on in the first place. The dealer says this is not a bug.

- Impossible to jump from one of the six memorized radio stations to the next using the buttons on the steering wheel. No matter what I do, it seeks the next available non-memorized station. I have to go through the screens to access the presets. Dealer says this is normal, despite suggestions here that it is not.

- The turning circle is HUGE, making parking lot maneuvers much more difficult than they should be.

- The non-existence of front-facing parking sensors means that you run into low walls, etc, before the front corner sensors pick them up.

- The back doors really do need the same unlocking sensors the front doors have. Current Mercedes with keyless go have this. I also agree with the remark that the power rear gate should have a lock button as well as the close button, like the ones fitted to current MB cars that have power gates.

- The air conditioning blows cold air at high speed through a limited number of vents while competing luxury cars blow it at low speed through more vents, or larger vents. Irritating.

- The steering wheel is an uncomfortable shape. My new MB has the same uncomfortable shape, which the old one did not.

- The switches and buttons are tossed almost randomly on the center console. Look at the positions of the left and right temperature adjustments. Lack of lighting for some means they are difficult to locate at night.

- Cruise control is very imprecise. No easy way to set exact speeds for speed trap managment.

- Lots of rattles in the back, mainly from the luggage cover.

- Scratch protector for the top of the rear fender should be standard.
Old 11-03-10, 03:15 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

A lot of your pros and complaints are specific to your country, as in the US, are nav is locked out, we dont have to press okay to get past the warning message, and the turning circle is just right for our large roads. haha

but I loved the comment about your mother in law.
Old 11-03-10, 03:36 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Fitzgerald, doesn't the screen go to the map without pressing OK? Here you can ignore it and the map will pop up after a few seconds. Pressing it just gets you there a little quicker. What I don't like is if my screen is on audio and I want to enter a destination, that screen will pop up, then the map, and I have to go back to the main menu and hit destination again to start putting in the address. Pretty excessive to perform something rather simple.
Old 11-03-10, 04:43 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

LOL at the mother-in-law comment.
Old 11-03-10, 05:13 PM
Lex2133
Rookie

(short/fat) mother-in-law...

Quick Reply: What should Lexus improve on the 2010 RX?