RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lexus Manuals & maintenance records available on-line

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-10, 05:28 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Lexus Manuals & maintenance records available on-line

It seems many people are not aware that Lexus has published all of their manuals online. The link https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home will allow you to register and keep track of your car's maintenance. After registering, click on the 'My Lexus' tab for vehicle resources. From there you'll be able to find your owners manuals, instructional video's and many other useful features. If your car is serviced at an authorized Lexus facility, all of your service work performed will be available. Since your login requires a password, all of the information re: your car is private but can be printed and very useful down the road if your were selling it yourself or needed to resolve a dispute.

This is a very valuable tool provided by Lexus and every owner should take advantage of it.
Old 01-06-10, 11:16 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Jim!

Yes, this information is very useful. I especially liked the search option provided for the online owner's manual.

The instructional videos are also quite helpful.

Antonio.
Old 01-06-10, 11:32 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YOU're THE BEST!!! THX
Old 01-06-10, 12:20 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antonio98
Thanks Jim!

Yes, this information is very useful. I especially liked the search option provided for the online owner's manual.

The instructional videos are also quite helpful.

Antonio.
I downloaded all of them in day 1, too. Now, I should find the way to merge them all together, so I can really utilize the search option on PDF.
Old 01-06-10, 12:43 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the link Jim. I did a cursory look and it looks pretty good with very good pictures. They are not drawn but actual colored pictures. I couldn't find the section about changing oil filter though. I hope its there. I will need it in 3 years.

Are these manuals identical to what we got when we bought the car? I got the Owner's manual and the NAV manual plus the Maintenance Schedule. I am really looking for the Shop Manual which I was told is not available yet for the Rx350 2010.

Last edited by LeoDLion; 01-06-10 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-06-10, 03:15 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeoDLion
Thanks for the link Jim. I did a cursory look and it looks pretty good with very good pictures. They are not drawn but actual colored pictures. I couldn't find the section about changing oil filter though. I hope its there. I will need it in 3 years.

Are these manuals identical to what we got when we bought the car? I got the Owner's manual and the NAV manual plus the Maintenance Schedule. I am really looking for the Shop Manual which I was told is not available yet for the Rx350 2010.
Leo
You won't find the info about changing your own oil there. But they WILL sell you a Shop Manual

They are the 'current' manuals I would presume, they are from the Lexus web site.
Old 01-06-10, 04:36 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I found this web site before purchasing our RX450h and got a username and password. I read and watched as much as information as possible to help make an informed purchase.

Then after the purchase I entered the VIN from the car. So the complete maintenance history from day one shows up.

I too would like to download the entire manual(s) for easier searching.

I vaguely remember stumbling across somewhere you could purchase technical service bulletins too.

Anyone familiar with those?
Old 01-06-10, 04:43 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DunWkg
I found this web site before purchasing our RX450h and got a username and password. I read and watched as much as information as possible to help make an informed purchase.

Then after the purchase I entered the VIN from the car. So the complete maintenance history from day one shows up.

I too would like to download the entire manual(s) for easier searching.

I vaguely remember stumbling across somewhere you could purchase technical service bulletins too.

Anyone familiar with those?
I heard this, too. I'm interesting in getting the tech service bulletins... if there is any.
Old 01-06-10, 05:07 PM
Joe G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jim - thanks for the information. Sounds great.
I clicked on the link you provided and tried to register and I am having trouble.
Anyone else having trouble registering?
thanks
Joe G
Old 01-06-10, 05:14 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Registration was smooth for me.

What problem did you encounter while registering?
Old 01-06-10, 05:37 PM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe G
Hey Jim - thanks for the information. Sounds great.
I clicked on the link you provided and tried to register and I am having trouble.
Anyone else having trouble registering?
thanks
Joe G
Never mind - tried again, and this time it was o.k. - site may have been down or overloaded thanks to you Jim!
Question, regarding service to vehicle they do not have listed new engine replacement.
Curious, anybody have an idea why it is not listed?
CARFAX has it listed on their report.
thanks.
Joe G
Old 08-19-10, 07:56 PM
missypunki
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Jim,
It was easy to register. Now I am confused. According to the maintenance schedule on the web site, the first two services (5,000 and 10,000) for 2010 RX are complimentary. Oil change is due at 10,000 miles. When I purchased the vehicle, the first two services (1,000 and 5,000 miles) are complimentary. I wondered if they changed the oil on my 5,000 miles complimentary service. They called it a light service.
Old 08-19-10, 10:11 PM
Stereosage
Driver School Candidate

Can I register as a Canadian owner? From my look at the website it appeared no.

Cerulean Blue RX 350 with Nav (USA car)
Old 08-20-10, 05:17 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by missypunki
Thanks Jim,
It was easy to register. Now I am confused. According to the maintenance schedule on the web site, the first two services (5,000 and 10,000) for 2010 RX are complimentary. Oil change is due at 10,000 miles. When I purchased the vehicle, the first two services (1,000 and 5,000 miles) are complimentary. I wondered if they changed the oil on my 5,000 miles complimentary service. They called it a light service.
That was because when the 2010 was 1st introduced, it recommended 5k oil changes. Now it's changed to 10k for normal use.
Old 08-22-10, 04:28 AM
lima
Driver School Candidate

If you want to do most of the work on your vehicle yourself, you can get all of the manuals (owners, service, wiring diagrams, TSBs, etc.) by purchasing a day, month, or year subscription to http://techinfo.toyota.com

Quick Reply: Lexus Manuals & maintenance records available on-line