RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Brake Noise - Need your opinion/help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-10 | 09:21 PM
koojstar
Driver School Candidate

Default Brake Noise - Need your opinion/help

Hello All,

I purchased RX 350 first week in January. Bought this car for my wife/ she started noticing noise from break. So, I drove it for two days and found out when/what makes noise.

When I press break fully to make a complete stop. I heard some sort of electric noise.
If I release break and press again then noise starts again. Also noticed same noise when i try to turn steering without acceleration between 15-30 mph. Seems length/time of this noise gets longer and longer, it gets worse and never goes away.

Today I brought car to the service for 1000m check-up. Technician said no mechanical/visible issue with the car. But, he test-drove and heard that noise. He said he would follow up with technician in CA.

Want to share this issue with you all. Also need your help; how to resolve this issue with Lexus.
Can they fix this problem? If they can't not - any type of standard procedures I can file against service/lexus? Worried if breake system down suddenly while driving.

Please advise.
Thank you.

Last edited by koojstar; 01-30-10 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-30-10 | 10:58 PM
oscqc
Rookie

I would give the service folks at your dealer a chance to fix the brake problem -- they want to keep you as a satisfied customer. If service folks at your dealer cannot or will not fix the brake problem, take it up with senior management there. If that fails, call Customer Service at Lexus. I am sure they are a little sensitive about safety issues right now because of the bad publicity about all the recalls of Toyota products. Treat it as a safety issue, not a trivial noise issue. In any event, I would suggest a non-confrontational, non-litigious approach for now. You can always get nasty later. Keep good notes of all your discussions over the issue. If they promise something, send them an e-mail confirming the discussion as soon as you can. Prepare for battle, but don't declare war until all else fails. Good luck. (By the way, I am a Canadian lawyer and a Queen's Counsel and this legal advice is worth precisely what you are paying me for it - $0)