RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trouble with XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-10, 05:18 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with XM Radio

I have posted on here a little bit ago about the static on my radio, that was fixed but believe it or not these Call Center people with XM had my service so screwed up, it took the SALES department to fix it. 10 calls in 4 days. So they refunded my money because they couldn't figure out how to add on the 3 months of new service. WHAT?????
Now I have more new service and I have to pay for a year in May. WHAT????
So I get in my car today and since I have been so Pizzed, I don't know what my Nav is supposed to look like with Traffic. Do you see the car icon or no. Does anything show? If the car icon is not there, is there a way another way to tell if the traffic is working? I think it's not but before I make my 11th call, I want to make sure.
Oh, and they sent me a survey....I put.. I'M THE WRONG ONE TO SEND THIS TO!
Has anyone else had so many problems? Who have you contacted to get everything working right. I refuse to call the Contact center in Jamaica anymore.
Old 02-03-10, 05:42 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

1st of all, you have to be driving in an area that supports the traffic information. If you search XM online, you'll be able to figure out if your area is covered. Then look at the highways on your Nav System map. If operating they'll show either a green or yellow or red in the direction your going to indicate general traffic conditions. If you're on one of those and traffic becomes stop and go for instance, the system will automatically offer suggestions to re-route around the congestion.
Old 02-03-10, 05:47 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cruiter
1st of all, you have to be driving in an area that supports the traffic information. If you search XM online, you'll be able to figure out if your area is covered. Then look at the highways on your Nav System map. If operating they'll show either a green or yellow or red in the direction your going to indicate general traffic conditions. If you're on one of those and traffic becomes stop and go for instance, the system will automatically offer suggestions to re-route around the congestion.
I have had XM and Sirius before no problems with traffic or weather. (Except the weather is NEVER accurate)
So, currently all I see is red lines for the the highway. No traffic at 5:30am.
Hmmmm, so my feeling would be, no, traffic is still not working right.
I won't go through that call center anymore.
Anyone got through a back door that knows something at XM?
Old 02-03-10, 06:17 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

The three little cars in the middle left of the nav screen is on all the time in my RX since I live/work near NYC. I don't keep the nav screen on so I'm not sure if it works. I can't recall, does an destination have to entered for it to work? Maybe I'll switch to the nav screen during the drive home to check today.

On a related note, a little over a week ago during a freaky 50+ degree day with heavy rain and wind, the weather alert came on hours after the storm passed. Huh? I don't think I'll be renewing after the trial period.

Luvmy350, good luck with XM. Maybe we can barrage them with calls to get their attention
Old 02-03-10, 06:33 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kitlz
The three little cars in the middle left of the nav screen is on all the time in my RX since I live/work near NYC. I don't keep the nav screen on so I'm not sure if it works. I can't recall, does an destination have to entered for it to work? Maybe I'll switch to the nav screen during the drive home to check today.

On a related note, a little over a week ago during a freaky 50+ degree day with heavy rain and wind, the weather alert came on hours after the storm passed. Huh? I don't think I'll be renewing after the trial period.

Luvmy350, good luck with XM. Maybe we can barrage them with calls to get their attention
Ok, so my 3 little cars are gone. Does that mean I do not have the traffic? I think so. I didn't pay for the weather. Even on a sunny day it keeps saying, SEVER WEATHER AHEAD. What? Where? Wait maybe it's behind the sun shining in my eyes. Good grief.
If anyone has any ideas to getting XM to understand english or understand their tele-prompts, I am all for advice. If phone calls will do it....I'm down. Set up a time where we all call at once from NY to CA! HA, yeah, right, that probably won't work either. I'm on my 11th call in 4 days. I'm trying other departments and pretending I got transferred there by mistake. Oh, and they won't even let you talk to a manager. They refuse! What the heck is that all about? I want Sirius back
Old 02-03-10, 08:35 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Luvmy350
Ok, so my 3 little cars are gone. Does that mean I do not have the traffic? I think so. I didn't pay for the weather. Even on a sunny day it keeps saying, SEVER WEATHER AHEAD. What? Where? Wait maybe it's behind the sun shining in my eyes. Good grief.
If anyone has any ideas to getting XM to understand english or understand their tele-prompts, I am all for advice. If phone calls will do it....I'm down. Set up a time where we all call at once from NY to CA! HA, yeah, right, that probably won't work either. I'm on my 11th call in 4 days. I'm trying other departments and pretending I got transferred there by mistake. Oh, and they won't even let you talk to a manager. They refuse! What the heck is that all about? I want Sirius back
When your NAV screen is up, click on the 'SHOW ON MAP' button and make sure the 'TRAFFIC INFORMATION' button is lit in green. If not, click on it. If your interstates when driving don't show the 'RED, GREEN, or ORANGE' indicator on the highway's then either you don't have it available in that area or it's not activated in your car.
Old 02-03-10, 11:28 AM
Nocaster7
Driver School Candidate

Quick question: how do I get it to suggest alternate routes?

It was warning me about an upcoming delay in my route (ie in 9 miles, lasting for half a mile) but it didn't suggest an alternate, and clicking the traffic icon on the left edge of the screen just repeated the warning.
Old 02-03-10, 04:37 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

So here is a picture taken tonight during rush hour about 20 miles west of NYC. The map is set on 4 miles. I believe anything beyond that will not display.
Attached Thumbnails Trouble with XM Radio-get-attachment.aspx.jpg  
Old 02-04-10, 12:03 PM
Islanti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luvmy350
Even on a sunny day it keeps saying, SEVER WEATHER AHEAD. What? Where? Wait maybe it's behind the sun shining in my eyes. Good grief.
Severe weather can include things like high winds or fire which would show up on a sunny day.
Old 02-04-10, 01:15 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by Islanti
Severe weather can include things like high winds or fire which would show up on a sunny day.
In my case the warning came hours after the storm had passed and not when I was driving through it. Useless! There are winter storm warnings up already for Saturday. At this rate I guess I'll get that one on Monday. I'm so glad I'm not paying for this.