RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

rx450 interior change

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 07:42 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default rx450 interior change

I ordered a 2010 smoky gray with grey interior. I wanted ML, aniline leather, etc., so this was a Japan build (took almost 6 months to get here). Specifically, it is a Dec 2009 build. When it arrived, I was surprised about the layout of the interior colors. I haven't seen anything like it in either brochures or any other 450s on the lot or on the street. Mats are black except for the cargo space which is gray. Center console is black where I expected gray leather. Doors are black except for a gray contrast on the arm rests. I called lexus america and they really couldn't tell me anything except Lexus can make changes (duh!). Does anyone know anything about this or have they seen one like it? I tried to include a picture - hope it worked.
Attached Thumbnails rx450 interior change-450-int.jpg  
Old 02-09-10, 09:24 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

yes, on the 450h, you get this two tone color...which I absolutely love. Lexus didnt change anything, this is the way the 450h is built.

Go to the Lexus.com website and look at the interior colors.

Here is another example of what you have:

what were you expecting?
Old 02-09-10, 09:25 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

looks good!
Old 02-09-10, 09:44 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Thanks! Interesting. What I was expecting was the layout lexus.com shows for interior colors like the parchment leather with walnut. This is what is shown in the brochures and in the 450h's I saw at the dealer. It appears this color layout is what you get when you order gray (or possibly another variant). Don't misunderstand me, I like it, it's just that it was a surprise.
Thanks for your photo, but now I have another question. That photo is a right-hand drive. Is it yours in CA?
Old 02-09-10, 11:13 AM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks GREAT ziggy1! Better then mine

Also waited 4 months for my color combo with ML..

--Nate
Old 02-09-10, 11:25 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Are you happy with the Levinson sound system?
Old 02-09-10, 12:54 PM
RXSF

Originally Posted by ziggy1
Thanks! Interesting. What I was expecting was the layout lexus.com shows for interior colors like the parchment leather with walnut. This is what is shown in the brochures and in the 450h's I saw at the dealer. It appears this color layout is what you get when you order gray (or possibly another variant). Don't misunderstand me, I like it, it's just that it was a surprise.
Thanks for your photo, but now I have another question. That photo is a right-hand drive. Is it yours in CA?
thats not my car, I plan to get an RX soon, and I just love the color combo you have. as far as I know, the RXh doesnt get its own brochure, but is attached to the regular gas RX350. So the pictures are most likely of the RX350, which if you get the gray interior, will not be two tone.
Old 02-09-10, 01:07 PM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Thanks for the photos. Neat. Yours is the interior I expected.
I noticed you had mud/snow floor mats. I'm jealous - can't get them now because of the recall, and we have been having record breakinig snowfalls. I just haven't taken the car out and it's driving me crazy. At least you don't have that in Houston. (I lived there for 4 years and we had a couple of days down to 14 degrees after some rain - the Gulf Freeway looked like a bumper car area
Old 02-09-10, 01:14 PM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mdkellys
Are you happy with the Levinson sound system?
I'm happy but still trying to determine how happy. It really comes into its own when you play a DVD with 5.1 sound. It seems to me that I lose audio clarity when I play stereo CDs using surround sound. I wishthere was some guidance about how to get the best out of the ML system, especially with all the different sources that are available in the car.
Old 02-09-10, 01:17 PM
RXSF

Those are not snow/mud mats, and you should be able to get it from your lexus dealer. I have those too on my 04. They dont hold very well over time because their color changes. plus, they dont fit perfectly over the holes, especially in the rear
Old 02-09-10, 02:17 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ziggy1
Thanks for the photos. Neat. Yours is the interior I expected.
I noticed you had mud/snow floor mats. I'm jealous - can't get them now because of the recall, and we have been having record breakinig snowfalls. I just haven't taken the car out and it's driving me crazy. At least you don't have that in Houston. (I lived there for 4 years and we had a couple of days down to 14 degrees after some rain - the Gulf Freeway looked like a bumper car area
Ziggy, why not get some Weathertech all-weather or digital fit mats from AutoAnything (or somebody like that)? They come in both gray and black.
I'm partial to the Parchment interior, but I still like the black/gray contrast that you have.
Old 02-09-10, 02:36 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

I think the two tone shown early in this thread comes with the luxury package--We received our 450h in August when not too many with lux package in the states were out so my wife and I were pleasantly surprised.
Old 02-09-10, 02:55 PM
chrick
Driver School Candidate

Ziggy, I ordered the Weathertech all-weather mats and they fit great in the car. Retention clips fit as well so no slipping on the front mats.

I picked up my RX450h on 1/15. Same color combo and it's got that same two-tone look. I originally wanted black interior but it was nowhere to be found. I'm actually very happy with the gray interior now that I have it.
Old 02-09-10, 03:14 PM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Thumbs up

Ziggy.. Those are exact mats.. Just a very basic, but durable clear mat. They do not shift very much as the spikes on the bottom are pretty good..

I have had them on all our Lexus vehicles since 1998 and they do the job. In Houston we really don't need all weather mats. The mats I have do just fine in the rain

http://www.clearmats.com/

Mdkellys: Only compaint I have about the ML system is why the heck you gotta turn it up so much to hear it??!?!? Never went past 40 in my past ML systems and in this RX I feel I have to turn it up to at least 35 to hear it! Crazy! I do however think it is worth it over the stock system. Clarity is much better IMO.

--Nate
Old 02-09-10, 03:29 PM
RXSF

Mdkellys: Only compaint I have about the ML system is why the heck you gotta turn it up so much to hear it??!?!? Never went past 40 in my past ML systems and in this RX I feel I have to turn it up to at least 35 to hear it! Crazy! I do however think it is worth it over the stock system. Clarity is much better IMO.
might be on a different scale with the increments

Quick Reply: rx450 interior change