RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 01-07-15, 12:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Couple of Technical Service Bulletins I found

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-10, 01:45 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Couple of Technical Service Bulletins I found

I found some recalls for our RX.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-SB-0185-09.pdf (129.9 KB, 2412 views)
L-SB-0014-10.pdf (1.27 MB, 1949 views)
Old 02-13-10, 06:35 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-13-10, 07:06 AM
artbuc
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts

Great find. I had read about the acoustic glass on this forum. When I asked the salesman about installing acoustic galss to reduce wind noise he got irritated. He told me bluntly that I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. He went on to say that the RX350 is extremely quiet and no one has ever complained about wind noise. He closed by saying that there is no such thing as acoustic glass.

Thank goodness for forums like these!

Question: Is Lexus now installing acoustic glass on all vehicles or are they just allowing it to be installed under warranty on those vehicles that are affected? Thanks.
Old 02-13-10, 07:46 AM
iewiew
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Noise

I think my RX350 has an unacceptable amount of wind noise at highway speed. I have been thinking what to do about it. I notice a lot of upper door movement at speed also.
Old 02-13-10, 08:06 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wyau01
Very interesting find. Thanks. My RX is one of the earlier, and therefore 'affected' models. If I'm reading the bulletins correctly, models Before a certain VIN don't have the improved parts (radio and glass) and those After the VIN already have them. I'll have to make it a point to ask the people on the other end of my phone call if they are hearing static. I don't remember anyone complaining, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening. Hmmmmm
Old 02-13-10, 09:32 AM
euroja153
Driver

This is great, where do you find this info? And I wonder if it applies to Canadian cars too. I am getting really annoyed with the creaking noise coming from somewhere behind the steering wheel, it happens when its cold, and im going over a small bump and turning, sometimes it sounds like a rattle, I cant really pin point it, but the other thread said that the GS had something similar and there was a fix for it.
Old 02-13-10, 10:24 AM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by artbuc
When I asked the salesman about installing acoustic galss to reduce wind noise he got irritated. He told me bluntly that I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. He went on to say that the RX350 is extremely quiet and no one has ever complained about wind noise. He closed by saying that there is no such thing as acoustic glass.
99% of salespeople know nothing. Ask him if he checked out the reviews of the RX on the major auto websites. Several noted wind noise.

On a side note, I have a J built RX made in 08/09 and it has the glass in it. So chances are if yours is built around the same time as mine, you've already got the glass.

Originally Posted by euroja153
And I wonder if it applies to Canadian cars too.
Production methods are consistent regardless of where the cars are built. If the Japan plant is using one kind of glass, the Canadian plant is too.
Old 02-13-10, 11:44 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

This is great, where do you find this info? And I wonder if it applies to Canadian cars too. I am getting really annoyed with the creaking noise coming from somewhere behind the steering wheel, it happens when its cold, and im going over a small bump and turning, sometimes it sounds like a rattle, I cant really pin point it, but the other thread said that the GS had something similar and there was a fix for it.
I read something about this, let me try to find it.
Old 02-13-10, 11:47 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Not sure if this is what you are talking about.
Attached Files
L-SB-0074-09.pdf (146.5 KB, 2245 views)
Old 02-13-10, 09:06 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Noises, more noises. I'm not sure we all describing the same, but mine comes in a sort of trembling noise from the steering wheel. It is a weird noise I am having hard time identifying. I think it comes from the heating duct, and is electric in nature. The noise goes away after 10-15 minutes from when the car heats up, but annoying in cold.

The last posted TSB is actually a good find, and I will definitely bring this up at the next service visit.

Last edited by data2009; 02-13-10 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-14-10, 11:19 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wyau01
Thank you, but forgive me for being so naive. It's our responsibility to dig through service bulletins and find possible problems or solutions to our problems?

Is the practice to occasionally search for your model and year? Or if you have a problem search for it? Do you pay the fee and search away?

Obviously a bit new to this...
Old 02-14-10, 01:24 PM
jay_man2
Rookie

Thanks! My RX 350, purchased 10/10/09 already had the acoustic glass, and hasn't exhibited the bluetooth sound quality problem or brake vacuum noise.
Old 02-14-10, 02:40 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Thank you, but forgive me for being so naive. It's our responsibility to dig through service bulletins and find possible problems or solutions to our problems?

Is the practice to occasionally search for your model and year? Or if you have a problem search for it? Do you pay the fee and search away?

Obviously a bit new to this...
This wasn't my intention to search for recalls, it justs came up when I was looking for the led turn signal flasher assembly.
Old 02-15-10, 05:20 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for sharing these 3 information. Although I don't experience these, it's good to know what may happen and what Lexus has been doing.
Old 02-16-10, 01:50 AM
euroja153
Driver

Mine doesnt go away once the car is warmed up, I have also heard it when I am not braking, when I am driving it sounds like a loose window pane. I am not sure if its weather related, because its been cold ever since I got my car. I know exactly what Lexus will say when i tell them about the TSB. They will say its for US models, which is ridiculous as the Canadian car is 99.5% similar to the US car. How do I find out if I have the acoustic glass installed or not?

Last edited by euroja153; 02-16-10 at 04:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Couple of Technical Service Bulletins I found