RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

My New RX350 !

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-10, 01:05 PM
ChitChat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New RX350 !

Just brought home my new 2010 RX 350, Tungsten Pearl with light gray interior and chrome grille (not the mesh grille, another one that is usually seen on Lexus cars). I'm loving it, but I can tell I'm going to be a fanatic about keeping it clean. I'm glad I got a light color, but the melting snow on the roads caused a bunch of white spots all over. I just bought some new terry cloth rags from an auto store to wipe it off, but it didn't wipe off as easy as I thought. Before I left the dealership they were spraying glass cleaner on the exterior and wiping with a rag. It looked SO clean. But I can't imagine myself constantly spraying glass cleaner on a new car. I would think it would eat away at the paint, but they said the car has a heavy wax coating from the factory and it won't affect it.

Any other suggestions on how to keep my car looking as new as when I brought it home a few hours ago without having to go to the car wash every day.
Old 02-20-10, 01:34 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats... no pics?
Old 02-20-10, 01:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ChitChat
Any other suggestions on how to keep my car looking as new as when I brought it home a few hours ago without having to go to the car wash every day.
I personally use a swiffer duster on my car once a day to keep the dust/dirt from building up. It helps out a lot when you wash the car later
Old 02-20-10, 02:36 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Congratulations! This winter has kept our RX dirty for weeks! It seem every time I wash it we get another storm.
Old 02-20-10, 02:50 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Honestly, if you want to keep your paint looking as new as possible, wash it as *not* often as possible. I usually wash my black cars (because Im really paranoid about swirls) once every 3 weeks or so. use only microfiber towels and wash mits on the car. Good luck with keeping it clean. I rather have a dirty car though than have one where the paint is messed up.

go to the detailing part of this forum and they should have good advice about cleaning products.

I personally use a swiffer duster on my car once a day to keep the dust/dirt from building up. It helps out a lot when you wash the car later
be very careful with this because you will also be pushing around the black dirt particles in addition to the dust. the black dirt particles will scratch your paint.
Old 02-20-10, 03:31 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would love to see a picture of the chrome grille. Please....
Old 02-20-10, 07:38 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Check out this site--they happen to be a sponser here and that's how I found out about them: DetailedImage.com They have some absolutely FABULOUS products. A few of my favorites are: Optimum No Rinse(ONR)--great for washing in the winter with just a bucket of water(no hose and rinsing necessary!!), Poorboy's World Spray &Wipe(S&W)--for 'touch-ups' and bird crap, etc and several kinds of their microfiber towels.

You can find lots of tips and feedback on their products also.

Last edited by jclem; 02-21-10 at 03:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RX10 (10-19-20)
Old 02-20-10, 07:43 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

congrats on the ride and welcome.

I say get a car cover
Old 02-20-10, 08:00 PM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Thumbs up

Congrats!
Old 02-21-10, 07:59 AM
ChitChat
Rookie

Default My Chrome Grille

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I would love to see a picture of the chrome grille. Please....
Old 02-21-10, 08:06 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the picture. I wondered what the billet grille looked like in person. I wish it weren't an overlay. Looks nice, congrats on the new wheels.
Old 02-21-10, 09:53 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

ChitChat, congrats on your new RX. The challenge, how to keep it showroom clean. I'm out there washing almost every week - hose and all. It's a PITA but the results are so worth it. I have not tried ONR - can't comment on it. Between the snow, salt and thaws, it's not easy. Even when the roads are dry, the salt dust covers everything and collects in any moisture on the car causing white spots. Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than keep your RX in the garage until spring

Enjoy!
Old 02-21-10, 10:01 AM
Saurabh
Rookie

Awesome man! You will love it!
Old 02-21-10, 03:56 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
ChitChat, congrats on your new RX. The challenge, how to keep it showroom clean. I'm out there washing almost every week - hose and all. It's a PITA but the results are so worth it. I have not tried ONR - can't comment on it. Between the snow, salt and thaws, it's not easy. Even when the roads are dry, the salt dust covers everything and collects in any moisture on the car causing white spots. Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than keep your RX in the garage until spring

Enjoy!
Anita, I live in MA and if I were out there with a hose, my driveway would be a skating rink. That's what's so great about the ONR, and if the car isn't that dirty then you can just use the Spray and Wipe on the whole car. It takes no more than 1/2 an hour, tops. I found one of the keys is using several dry waffle towels. I got some for my son and 2 sons-in-law for Christmas and we all love the stuff.
Old 02-25-10, 07:22 AM
lapdrn
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how to post pics
i dont know how
need help

Quick Reply: My New RX350 !