RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Firmware update fix gone w/IPod update

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-10, 01:09 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Firmware update fix gone w/IPod update

Apple has screwed the pooch IMHO. Since the NAV firmware update I received week before last my Ipod had been working great, connecting as it should every time I got into the car. This morning I let my Ipod touch d/load it's own firmware update and it's the same connection problems all over again. It connects then disconnects on the USB but not Blue-tooth. Now it only wants to connect on the Blue-tooth. To do it 'connected' through the USB plug I have to unplug it and plug it back a 2nd time. Grrr

Suggestion, don't upgrade your Ipod touch if your have the 2010 NAV Firmware update. I thought I was getting closer to Utopia but Apple wasn't happy with that

Last edited by Cruiter; 02-27-10 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-27-10, 02:29 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Jim, when I get the error message, according to the manual, I'm supposed to reset the iPod. Wrong! I have to unplug the iPod, turn off the RX, turn on RX, and then plug in the iPod to get it to work. Mine is the original video iPod, 30 GB. Just checked for updates, don't have any to install. Mine doesn't have bluetooth capability. I guess I should be happy it doesn't based on your experience. I think we should load our music on flash drives to get around this problem until Lexus fixes it. I'm putting the blame/responsibility on them. Never had this problem with the Vais Soundlinq installed in the '04
Old 02-28-10, 08:03 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad we're not the only ones with the iPod Touch disconnect issue. Quite bothersome for my wife. Not to mention the enormous headache of having to access anything in the center console - let alone the USB outlet . . .

Another thing I was noticing as I was trying to get the darn thing reconnected last night - just to show how out of touch the Lexus designers are with the whole iPod thing - they use the word 'random' instead of 'shuffle'. Not a big deal but c'mon - if you are building an interface to work specifically with the iPod you should at least use the same language for the same features. Forget about not being able to see song names, etc. Just a lousy implementation the more I use it (and keep trying to reconnect!).

Jay
Old 02-28-10, 10:05 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Jim, when I get the error message, according to the manual, I'm supposed to reset the iPod. Wrong! I have to unplug the iPod, turn off the RX, turn on RX, and then plug in the iPod to get it to work. Mine is the original video iPod, 30 GB. Just checked for updates, don't have any to install. Mine doesn't have bluetooth capability. I guess I should be happy it doesn't based on your experience. I think we should load our music on flash drives to get around this problem until Lexus fixes it. I'm putting the blame/responsibility on them. Never had this problem with the Vais Soundlinq installed in the '04
After another day of growling and playing with it, it seems the Blue Tooth connection is still fine. It's just the upgrade for my Ipod touch fouled up the USB connection for it. It does still connect fine through Blue Tooth, but I'm un-happy with Apple screwing up something that was finally working fine.
Old 02-28-10, 03:09 PM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Had to do the same thing Anita did just yesterday (with my Classic 80GB).. I also lost all button sounds with the mouse too. Our old GS had the same issue and it acted up many times. Hope this is not the same problem starting with our RX

--Nate
Old 02-28-10, 03:24 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

regarding the shuffle versus random signage: I think the reason why they use 'random' is because the CD player uses 'random' when you want to the tracks to play in no particular order. To have both random and shuffle mean the same thing in the car is a bit not intuitive. But i agree that shuffle is the word apple uses and should be use for the ipod interface