RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Apples response to Ipod issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-10, 11:18 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Apples response to Ipod issues

I had been having the same connect and disconnect issues with my Ipod touch many of you have had. After the firmware update preceding my 9.1 NAV update it all worked just perfectly, Thank you Lexus. Yesterday I synced my Ipod for the 1st time since the Lexus firmware update and there was an Ipod firmware update through I tunes.

Since then, my Ipod still works, even with the Bluetooth connection but when connected through the USB port (my preference, it connects then disconnects after about 10 sec or so. If I unplug it and plug it back in it works fine (until I shut down the car, then the cycle starts all over again). As this started after Apples firmware update, I consider this their problem. In reality a royal pain in the ****.

I called this morning and got a nice tech that walked me through re-setting the Ipod through Itunes to factory specs and reloading it with everything. This took some time but he wanted me then to walk out to the car and try it. I did and it was the same thing all over again. He said he'd have to transfer me to a senior tech. I went through the whole story with him and his response was "Contact Lexus and tell them you need another firmware update to match ours". Now can you just imagine that every time Apple does an update that Lexus is going to do one and offer it to everyone driving one of their cars??? I asked for his supervisor. Response was he's as high as it goes. Hmm, I don't remember seeing 'HIM' on the news when new product announcements came out.

So like Charlie Rangle, Apple has learned to be the tail wagging the dawg . Makes a person want to

My suggestion is if your get 'OUR' firmware update and your Ipod works well, don't get 'THEIR' firmware update.
Old 03-01-10, 01:06 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Jim, unfortunately it's the nature of the beast. I had to update the firmware of my VAIS unit to keep in sync with the iPod once in 5 years. Not bad. Lexus finally gives us USB connection and voila, problems galore. I admit Apple updates can screw things up sometimes, hence why I wait to do anything to my iPod and other Apple stuff until the coast is clear. Lexus needs to get on board. It's not like the technology came out yesterday.
Old 03-02-10, 01:20 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email Steve Jobs. If you're lucky he will answer.

sjobs@apple.com
or
steve@apple.com
Old 03-02-10, 04:53 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lex
email Steve Jobs. If you're lucky he will answer.

sjobs@apple.com
or
steve@apple.com
Mention the scrolling issue too!! Maybe he and Mr. Toyoda can discuss it while he's in the states.
Old 03-17-10, 09:58 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Did you send him an email?? Because I just did. Just in case you didn't.
Old 03-17-10, 10:36 AM
kooser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email reply to recent Club Lexus Forum Members:

Dear Cruiter, et. al,
I must come to the defense of my company, Apple, here. It is entirely Lexus' responsibility to have firmware/software updates that roll in regularly for their consumers to adjust to the peripheral devices that their automobiles support.

Apple cannot possibly account for every possible non-apple connection device, version of that connection device, or sync incompatibilities. We do our best to work with every manufacturer, however since the Japanese are stuck on Sony and don't want to acknowledge the superiority of Apple products over PC derivatives running a most troublesome Microsoft operating system, they drag their feet with supporting the iPod/iPhone, etc.

I know you are frustrated and would like the problem resolved, and since it doesn't look like it will be from Lexus in the near future, you would like to cast blame. But I am dealing with my own health issues right now and would hope to be a prostate cancer survivor, plus I am working feverishly for the anticipated release date of the iPad in April, so please, with all due respect, if you don't like it - well, buy a Microsoft device, or a lackluster alternative mp3 device, and achemm...good luck with that one!

-Warmest regards
Steve Jobs
Old 03-17-10, 10:49 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

He would never write such a long letter. He usually sends one sentence.
And he never talks about his rumored heath issues. And he also has never had prostate cancer, it's pancreatic cancer.

So it can't be from SJ
Old 03-17-10, 11:33 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by lex
He would never write such a long letter. He usually sends one sentence.
And he never talks about his rumored heath issues. And he also has never had prostate cancer, it's pancreatic cancer.

So it can't be from SJ
Obviously you haven't read Kooser's other thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ay-hacked.html
Old 03-17-10, 02:47 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

I am taking to an Apple employee about the issues via email right now. He said he is having a discussion with Lexus and he will contact me once he's done.
Old 03-17-10, 07:09 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lex
I am taking to an Apple employee about the issues via email right now. He said he is having a discussion with Lexus and he will contact me once he's done.
Let us know what they say. Obviously the 'letter' from Apple above is someones humor. It never came to me.

Old 03-20-10, 01:45 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Even though I have an IS ... I have the same problem as well ... my super old nano that i dont update works fine, but my iphone 3gs wont work with my ipod integration Damn updates...

I wonder if lexus can do a software update on the ipod integration ... since its installed inside the dash... I hope they dont have to rip it out each time in order to do an update..

at least I dont use my nano anymore so it has now been assigned to the car. The only time I take it out is to load up more songs...
Old 03-22-10, 10:18 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

VML-MultiMediaLinQ from VAIS Technology is your solution guys! Install it instead of the factory USB and continue enjoying iPod/iPhone in your car.

We always keep VML up to date to all Apple updates, so it is compatible with all new and old iPod/iPhone models.

And for your convenience we have disabled "Auto Select" feature, so you can browse your library normally.
Old 03-22-10, 01:39 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

any time soon we can expect an SL2Vi or VML that will play ipod video or AV in like SL2Vu?
Old 03-22-10, 04:16 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
any time soon we can expect an SL2Vi or VML that will play ipod video or AV in like SL2Vu?
We are working on it already, so I would say 4 months approximately.

It is our main priority right now!
Old 03-25-10, 01:09 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lex
Now some Lexus employee from Europe is going to contact me. My email went through 4 people I think.

Quick Reply: Apples response to Ipod issues