RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Black interior in Truffle Mica

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-10, 03:57 PM
singrsowr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black interior in Truffle Mica

Thinking about getting the truffle mica rx 350 with black interior. Anyone out there have that combination? Is the black leather easy to take care of? Afraid to go with Parchment even though it is beautiful.
Old 03-06-10, 06:05 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

black interior is great. I had the black leather in my IS and now the same in the RX.
Old 03-06-10, 06:28 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 170 Likes on 144 Posts

Same here on the black interior. I'm on my second RX with it, no problems. Just clean it regularly like you would with lighter interiors. Welcome to CL.
Old 03-06-10, 06:38 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

This would be the combo I would get.

I would love parchment interior but fear that the leather will show black cracks and stains easily (think jeans). Black is definately a lot easier to take care of.
Old 03-06-10, 07:07 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry folks, I don't agree. I happen to much prefer the look of the parchment interior and think it disguises dust, dirt and food crumbs better than black (now the transfer from blue jeans is different but, as has been stated by many others on these threads, it cleans off easily). It's just like the exterior of a car--which is harder to keep looking clean, dark blues & blacks or whites,tans,greys?
My son-in-law has black interior and his always looks less clean than mine even though I KNOW he cleans his more often than I clean mine.
Just my 2 cents.............YMMV

Last edited by jclem; 03-06-10 at 07:08 PM. Reason: add something
Old 03-06-10, 07:43 PM
singrsowr
Driver School Candidate

Default Black interior in Truffle

That is really helpful. Thanks for the reply people. They don't have the black interior in the Truffle in my area. We will have to special order it, but I'm feeling like this would be the combination we will go with. Any more comments folks, we welcome them.
Old 03-06-10, 07:50 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the Parchment is far more attractive and higher end looking. It's not that hard to take care of and in AZ you are asking for it with a black interior.

Good Luck...
Old 03-06-10, 09:08 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

I have this combo on my RX. To me, I think it's much easier to maintain since I always clean it regularly. My previous cars were all with parchment or light color interior. This is my first dark/black interior vehicle since my car#1. With the way I maintain the car, I have to say the dark/black interior is easier to take care of.
Old 03-06-10, 09:37 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

five years later, if you look at a light colored driver's seat, you will see all the wrinkles and creases from getting in and out of the car on the left hand side bolster. It will accumulate dirt in those cracks and you will see black lines on a white seat.
Old 03-06-10, 11:03 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
five years later, if you look at a light colored driver's seat, you will see all the wrinkles and creases from getting in and out of the car on the left hand side bolster. It will accumulate dirt in those cracks and you will see black lines on a white seat.
Yah, I did experience the wrinkles on the left side bolster and stains from jeans no matter how I maintained them. Wish my dark/black interior will delay those wrinkles timing.
Old 03-07-10, 01:41 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RXSF
Totally incorrect. Don't be swayed by BS arguments like this (no offense to the poster).

I have had two RX350's with the Ivory and Light Grey leather interiors and I am awaiting delivery of my 2010 RX350 with Ivory Interior. It takes minimal effort to keep the leather clean and neither vehicle has displayed any cracks etc.

Black interiors are simply too dark overall (try finding something black that you've dropped sometime), too hot in summer and display poor maintenance just as bad (or good) as light interiors IMHO.

"Dark interiors are for lazy people who have no pride in their ride".
Old 03-07-10, 01:51 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I think the Parchment is far more attractive and higher end looking. It's not that hard to take care of and in AZ you are asking for it with a black interior.

Good Luck...
, Black interiors in the southern states are a killer. The interior of your car will reach 140 degrees, if you wear shorts you'll need a towel on the seats !
Old 03-07-10, 02:46 AM
paulmj
Driver School Candidate

We live in southern Arizona and both of our cars have black interiors. The first thing you do when you get a new car is have the side windows in the front doors tinted the same shade as the factory tint in the rear. That's legal to do in AZ. The next thing is to always use a folding sunshade in the windshield whenever you stop for more than a few minutes.

A black interior is much better looking than otherwise IMHO. You get used to dealing with the 3 months of summer heat differently than you would elsewhere. It's not a problem.
Old 03-07-10, 04:31 AM
Orbit
Rookie

I have and like the black, but it seems to swallow light. My glasses darken in the sunlight, and when I was moving stuff around in the car yesterday, I could hardly see some things.
Old 03-07-10, 05:46 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a 450h with Truffle Mica and parchment. I am extremely happy with it (and yes I wear jeans but maybe because they are stonewashed I have had no problems). I am looking at winter floor protection because the parchment carpet got pretty messy with all of the snow we had this year.

This is my first vehicle with a tan interior. I have had Volvos, Saabs, and Audis with black leather and found that I had to keep after them or they showed dirt. I think maintenance is the key no matter what color you get. Actually the interior color I had the least effort with was silver or grey.

There is a reason that you will have to special order your vehicle with the black leather. If there was a large demand for black leather with the Truffle Mica, Lexus would be running them off the line in equal numbers with parchment. There is nothing wrong with individuality and getting what you want but when you go to sell it, you will probably have more potential buyers not wanting black than if you had gone with parchment.

Either way, you will love your vehicle.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Quick Reply: Black interior in Truffle Mica