RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

iPod - iPhone Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-10, 07:03 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default iPod - iPhone Issue

I happened to be in Irvine, California with a little time to kill. So I typed "Lexus" into maps on my phone, just to drive though a dealership and see what they had for inventory in the 450 line. Well up popped a customer service location with a phone number which didn't appear to be the usual Lexus customer service number.

So I gave them a call to see if I could get any information on what I and others believe is a flaw in iPod scrolling. After being transferred a couple of times and waiting for a bit. I got someone who indicated that the scrolling and playing the top song whenever you hesitate is the "functionality". I said I didn't believe that matched the rest of the world of mp3 players or most other audio-video equipment.

I then inquired if there would be a nav system update beyond 9.1 that is in the works to address the issue. I was corrected and told it would unlikely be a software fix, but rather a firmware fix. I said the only firmware fix I was aware of is the bluetooth-land line static fix. Which he agreed he was aware of that firmware fix.

He asked about my contact with my dealer at home and asked for some phone numbers for someone to contact me to further discuss my issues.

During the conversation, he pulled up my service records and made a guess of my current mileage. He was close.

So I didn't really get anywhere in a solution, but I hope the more of us that have been calling perhaps they can look into the scrolling issue. Although I also believe they have other issues more pressing than iPod scrolling!!!

I drove through a dealers lot and there were plenty of 450s of many color combinations with the "average" options for around $54K.
Old 04-14-10, 11:54 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have talked to an Apple employee for some time now..

Yesterday he sent me this:
...we have the connections with lexus and the toyota group in place, and i think the work being done there is and will bring great results.
i simply wanted to make sure your experience with your personal car was as good as lexus could make it, which is why we raised your issues to them and asked them to look after you specifically as a friend of ours.

i've got some calls into the european team from your last email, and i don't mind keeping this a topic in our normal meetings. my intentions were that your situation improves somehow.
i didn't mean to have this take up the kind of time it has. you made a good impression with your email and i wanted to make sure lexus kept some focus on you.

i'd still like to see if lexus can improve the experience in your car to some reasonable level. we've spent time in the RX here since, would be good to make sure yours is atleast to that level.

hope all else is well.

j
Old 04-15-10, 06:59 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Thanks for your efforts and keeping us informed.

The Apple rumor mill is hinting iPhone OS4 will have improved automobile integration. Rumors, of course, do not scrolling improve.

Again, thanks.
Old 04-16-10, 06:26 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Lex,

Today, a Lexus customer service rep (she) called me stating they had spoken to my local service adviser (he) and she suggested I make an appointment with him as he could probably help me with the problem I was experiencing.

I said sure, but I asked if she had internet access because I wanted to give her some web sites to visit to see that the iPod scrolling issue and the connectivity issue are common problems. I also asked her to give the web sites to some one either up the corporate ladder or an Audio Visual savvy Lexus technician who could visit the web sites and see the problem is wide spread.

I then gave her threads from this forum and threads from another Lexus owners forum.

Hopefully this effort, the efforts you are making and the other complaints folks are making will help the cause. Without any feedback from corporate Lexus, it's hard to tell if they know about the problem and if they are working on it.
Old 04-17-10, 02:58 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let's just hope for the best