RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Need Advice with 2010 RX350 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-10, 01:26 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 169 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Anita,the difference is your paint was defective.I didn't read of one claim from anyone bodyshop person that the OP's paint was defective.Seems to be paint problems caused by the dealer's washing the vehicle before delivery.
He's in a tough situation.Lexus isn't responsible,the dealer is this case.
Dealers are independently owned and he's have to go after the dealer.
Also,he doesn't have any type of Lemon Law case.
I'm just playing devil's advocate One of the things the service manager at the Ford dealer told me when I started having problems was the car comes from the factory in perfect condition. We know that's not true If codyrx's RX has a paint problem and the other RXs on the lot do not, who is to say the paint's subpar condition was a result of the manufacture process or sloppy prep work by the dealer? My '99 RX was black, by the way. I am familiar with the paint.

Oh, and another thing the owner of the Ford dealer told me, we don't make the cars, we only sell them. Where's the accountability? Someone has to step up and take responsibility.
Old 06-07-10, 01:34 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
I'm just playing devil's advocate One of the things the service manager at the Ford dealer told me when I started having problems was the car comes from the factory in perfect condition. We know that's not true If codyrx's RX has a paint problem and the other RXs on the lot do not, who is to say the paint's subpar condition was a result of the manufacture process or sloppy prep work by the dealer? My '99 RX was black, by the way. I am familiar with the paint.

Oh, and another thing the owner of the Ford dealer told me, we don't make the cars, we only sell them. Where's the accountability? Someone has to step up and take responsibility.

It would be hard to believe one black RX has a paint problem.I haven't heard of any Lexus paint problems other than the so called soft paint and it's thickness.
This was done by a bad wash and detail from someone.
Now if other black Lexus vehicles start having the same issue.Codrx has a case.
The problem is the fix may be a paint job and if that was the case,I wouldn't want the RX.The only fix I would accept is buffing out the swirls.The paint is so thin so wetsanding is tough.
He's got to try a get the dealer to do a dealer buy back.

Last edited by Joeb427; 06-07-10 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-07-10, 01:55 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

It would be hard to believe one black RX has a paint problem.I haven't heard of any Lexus paint problems other than the so called soft paint and it's thickness.
This was done by a bad wash and detail from someone.
Now if other black Lexus vehicles start having the same issue.Codrx has a case.
The problem is the fix may be a paint job and if that was the case,I wouldn't want the RX.The only fix I would accept is buffing out the swirls.The paint is so thin so wetsanding is tough.
The problem I had with my Ford was isolated.

There's a little dirty secret I found out when I contacted the FTC (since the car crossed state borders). A car can be damaged during transit and fixed without the customer's knowledge. There is no dollar limit. Not that I'm implying this may have happened to codyrx's RX.

If repaint is the only fix for codyrx, it would diminish value. Now that would recoverable under legal recourse, lemon law or otherwise.
Old 06-07-10, 02:09 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

codyrx, two things I would suggest is to file a complaint against the dealership with the state and with the BBB. If they are a member, they have to respond or risk losing membership. I am surprised at the amount of businesses that ignored me but acted on a complaint once it got into the hands of the BBB, positively I might add.
Old 06-07-10, 02:18 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
The problem I had with my Ford was isolated.

There's a little dirty secret I found out when I contacted the FTC (since the car crossed state borders). A car can be damaged during transit and fixed without the customer's knowledge. There is no dollar limit. Not that I'm implying this may have happened to codyrx's RX.

If repaint is the only fix for codyrx, it would diminish value. Now that would recoverable under legal recourse, lemon law or otherwise.
Well,whatever the issue,I hope he gets it works out for him.
I will say I'm very surprised a dealer,let alone a Lexus dealer,would deliver a vehicle with his swirl problem.
Old 06-07-10, 02:54 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Well,whatever the issue,I hope he gets it works out for him.
I will say I'm very surprised a dealer,let alone a Lexus dealer,would deliver a vehicle with his swirl problem.
I think that's the point.

Truth be told, I had issues with my '10 when I took delivery. I noticed a small discolored spot by the passenger door handle but forgot to mention it to my sales guy before I left. A week later I went to give the 450h his first bath and there were several larger spots on the roof. I called my sales guy and sent pictures via e-mail. The service manager knew immediately what it was and how to get rid of them. Everything was handled at my convenience and to my satisfaction. Fair to say the consensus here is we wish the same for codyrx.
Old 06-07-10, 08:25 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone recall Cody telling us that he returned his car back to the dealership he purchased the car from, so that they might view the problem?
I think he's had the car for over 2 months now.

I do recall he had phone contact with them.
Old 06-07-10, 08:33 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DNC
I did not know Lexus dealerships were forcing customers sign such paperwork. It's a sad day!
So DNC who said they were forced by Lexus to sign any paperwork?
Old 06-07-10, 10:35 PM
codyrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
Does anyone recall Cody telling us that he returned his car back to the dealership he purchased the car from, so that they might view the problem?
I think he's had the car for over 2 months now.

I do recall he had phone contact with them.

It has not been back to them, they have been handling it through the Kendall store here in Fairbanks (the Lexus dealer is Kendall Lexus, a Pacific dealer franchise that owns the local Toyota and Subaru dealership), and of course facilitating all the body shop/detail shop visits up here. Its now that they have decided to no longer do anything for me that I am left at a loss. Do I load up and drive 7 hours to get in a face to face confrontation (which is very possible) only to turn around and drive 7 hours home pissed off? Do I show up there and throw a temper tandrum and demand a new vehicle? Do I drive down there and drive back in something else, only to make the 14 hour trip a week later and possibly have nothing done to correct the condition of the vehicle? They have not asked in any way shape or form to see the vehicle or facilitate getting the vehicle back to them in any way. Its pretty much all been on me and my time, and my inconvenience. If they were to say that if I were to travel down there and the vehicle is as bad as the folks up here say (and have said since day 1) we could discuss replacing the vehicle, I would make the trip with no hesitation. But $130 in gas and an entire day behind the wheel of a car with no positive solutions on the table does not leave me hopeful.
Old 06-08-10, 01:49 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by codyrx
It has not been back to them, they have been handling it through the Kendall store here in Fairbanks (the Lexus dealer is Kendall Lexus, a Pacific dealer franchise that owns the local Toyota and Subaru dealership), and of course facilitating all the body shop/detail shop visits up here. Its now that they have decided to no longer do anything for me that I am left at a loss. Do I load up and drive 7 hours to get in a face to face confrontation (which is very possible) only to turn around and drive 7 hours home pissed off? Do I show up there and throw a temper tandrum and demand a new vehicle? Do I drive down there and drive back in something else, only to make the 14 hour trip a week later and possibly have nothing done to correct the condition of the vehicle? They have not asked in any way shape or form to see the vehicle or facilitate getting the vehicle back to them in any way. Its pretty much all been on me and my time, and my inconvenience. If they were to say that if I were to travel down there and the vehicle is as bad as the folks up here say (and have said since day 1) we could discuss replacing the vehicle, I would make the trip with no hesitation. But $130 in gas and an entire day behind the wheel of a car with no positive solutions on the table does not leave me hopeful.
Call Lexus and continue to call Lexus until someone gives you a yes. Next send a letter to Lexus and write a "cc" at the bottom for your state attorney general. But do the call first. Make lots of noise starting at the top and work down. This is a company that I have been told are trying to make some favorable impression. Those are words from a Toyota employee and a Lexus employee.
I know you live in a different world, and this doesn't help now, but I could never do business with a dealership that far away.
Old 06-08-10, 01:51 AM
DNC
Advanced

So DNC who said they were forced by Lexus to sign any paperwork?
Hi 44, I thought the poster was implying they had to sign that when buying their Lexus. Anymore questions, send them private message please.
Old 06-08-10, 09:48 AM
codyrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
I know you live in a different world, and this doesn't help now, but I could never do business with a dealership that far away.

This is why it took 2 years for me to break down and get the wife what she wanted. I also did not like the idea of buying her a vehicle that the dealership was so far away. But I figured with Lexus's impeccable reputation for quality and customer service I couldn't go wrong, NOT. Lets just say I felt way better about buying her a Lexus than the Audi Q5 we also looked at, which also would have put us 360 miles form the Audi dealer too. Yo live and learn I guess. I am about to order $500 worth of crap from AutoGeek.com to fix the swirl issue myself!
Old 06-08-10, 10:31 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

codyrx, if I was closer I'd help you out with the detailing! Please don't hesitate to contact any of the vendors here to help you out. They are all awesome and will go over what you need to do step by step. Plus they give us discounts. At least two are running promotions now for percentage off the total and free shipping with minimum. Best of luck.
Old 06-08-10, 11:02 AM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DNC
Hi 44, I thought the poster was implying they had to sign that when buying their Lexus. Anymore questions, send them private message please.
DNC

I was the poster and I never implied or said I was forced by Lexus to do anything. I also never asked you a question, and never would.

Please do not exaggertate my posts.

Thank you,
Old 06-08-10, 04:41 PM
DNC
Advanced

DNC

I was the poster and I never implied or said I was forced by Lexus to do anything. I also never asked you a question, and never would.

Please do not exaggertate my posts.

Thank you,
You take offense to something that was not intended that way. I was trying to be thoughtful of the OP since it seemed we were beginning to derail the thread again. I will make it a point to read your future post with more thought as to what you might be trying to say.

Quick Reply: Need Advice with 2010 RX350 Problem