RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

19 inch - tire mileage

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-11, 07:12 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the installer usually wants to do a rebuild kit on the sensors, which is new seals. They are to expensive to replace.

I will be interested in your opinion of the Yoko's Sandi. I have the Michelin's but think I want to go Yoko when it's time.
Old 12-02-11, 10:42 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I think the installer usually wants to do a rebuild kit on the sensors, which is new seals. They are to expensive to replace.
Sensors are horrendously expensive at a Lexus dealer, much cheaper to buy them off of eBay, note the sensor numbers before installatilon, and then go to Lexus dealer where they will program the numbers for about $100.
Old 12-04-11, 08:20 PM
garfull
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got about 31k miles on 19 michellins. the tires are more than 1/2 worn and i can get them to squeel a lot easier than before, but other than that there i no noticeable difference in handling. i should be able to get to 40k miles. i would say that a tire rotation at every 5k miles makes a difference for even tire wear.
Old 12-09-11, 09:25 AM
gladiator9
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire mileage!

Wasn't intending to purchase new tires but yesterday I noticed my tire pressure sensor light came on. As I had a service appointment with the local Toyota dealer, I asked them to check the tire. Well I had picked up a nail in the tire and they said it couldn't be fixed. So off I went to the local discount tire shop and I originally wanted a set of Yokamaha Parada spec x tires put on. The sales person there showed me a new tire that they had available ...the yk580 which is rated for 60k miles and has a very aggresive tread design which should be good in both summer and wintery conditions. The original Michelins were worn within 3-5/32nd so they were almost worn out at 34000miles. If you log on to www.discounttires.com you can see all the details about this tire.
This is a 19" tire and rides great.
I know many of our RX owners are going to be needing new tires soon for the 2010 RX's so you may want to check this tire out. It is priced out at $191.00 plus balancing and installation.
They also rebuild the tpms for each wheel.
Cheers, and a merry Christmas to all!
Jim
Old 12-09-11, 11:28 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Let us know about the handling, performance, and handling of the tire. Sounds like a good mileage guarantee. What is the tread wear rating on the sidewall?

Originally Posted by gladiator9
Wasn't intending to purchase new tires but yesterday I noticed my tire pressure sensor light came on. As I had a service appointment with the local Toyota dealer, I asked them to check the tire. Well I had picked up a nail in the tire and they said it couldn't be fixed. So off I went to the local discount tire shop and I originally wanted a set of Yokamaha Parada spec x tires put on. The sales person there showed me a new tire that they had available ...the yk580 which is rated for 60k miles and has a very aggresive tread design which should be good in both summer and wintery conditions. The original Michelins were worn within 3-5/32nd so they were almost worn out at 34000miles. If you log on to www.discounttires.com you can see all the details about this tire.
This is a 19" tire and rides great.
I know many of our RX owners are going to be needing new tires soon for the 2010 RX's so you may want to check this tire out. It is priced out at $191.00 plus balancing and installation.
They also rebuild the tpms for each wheel.
Cheers, and a merry Christmas to all!
Jim
Old 12-09-11, 08:02 PM
mac12
Intermediate

My 2010 RX350 came with the Michelin Latitudes. We have almost 13K on them and I can't see any wear on them. I believe that I'll get 40K out of them if I keep the RX that long.
Old 12-09-11, 08:55 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mac12
My 2010 RX350 came with the Michelin Latitudes. We have almost 13K on them and I can't see any wear on them. I believe that I'll get 40K out of them if I keep the RX that long.
Of course they will! I just got 44K out of the Dunlops, for G*d's sake. The Michelins should get substantially more than that.

So the new Yoko's are on - and I LOVE THEM. So much quieter, and the ride is substantially more cushioned. Road seams and potholes that were a JOLT on the D's are much more genteel with the Yokos.

Anita, for ~ 40% less than the Michelins, for those of us with the sport suspension, I think you'll like the Yoko Parada Spec X's.

I spent $869 on them from Tire Rack, including the shipping and road hazard package. TR wanted nearly $1200 for the Michelins. Given that I wanted a softer ride (something that Michelin's are not known for), I went with the Yokohama's.

Sandi
Old 12-09-11, 09:29 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Johnny, where you been??

The 19" tires still show up under options.
Asleep at the wheel.
Old 12-10-11, 05:30 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
Of course they will! I just got 44K out of the Dunlops, for G*d's sake. The Michelins should get substantially more than that.

So the new Yoko's are on - and I LOVE THEM. So much quieter, and the ride is substantially more cushioned. Road seams and potholes that were a JOLT on the D's are much more genteel with the Yokos.

Anita, for ~ 40% less than the Michelins, for those of us with the sport suspension, I think you'll like the Yoko Parada Spec X's.

I spent $869 on them from Tire Rack, including the shipping and road hazard package. TR wanted nearly $1200 for the Michelins. Given that I wanted a softer ride (something that Michelin's are not known for), I went with the Yokohama's.

Sandi
Sandi, the Yokohamas sound great. Can you test them in the snow for me I have a few miles to go on the Dunlops though.

Originally Posted by Johnny
Asleep at the wheel.
Glad you woke up
Old 12-10-11, 01:55 PM
gladiator9
Driver

Default Mileage on your tires...

Anita.....you should look at the new Yohahama YK 580. I just put them on our 10 RX and I am really pleased with the ride. They are rated for 60k miles and should be as good as or better that the Parada spec X. Cou can check them out at www.discounttire.com. I put in the wrong link on my previous post. Apparantely they are exclusive to discount tire. I will report on the handling in wet or snowy weather as soon as I have a few more miles on them.
Cheers,
Jim.
Old 12-10-11, 02:54 PM
gladiator9
Driver

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Let us know about the handling, performance, and handling of the tire. Sounds like a good mileage guarantee. What is the tread wear rating on the sidewall?

Hi Jim!
The treadwear rating is 580 , the temperature is A and I think the traction is also A. I am very pleased with the ride and handling so far, but I can't comment on the wet or snow traction yet.
Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-10-11, 06:16 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was looking at the Michelin web site and noticed that they had TWO different versions of the Latitude Tour HP listed with two separate part numbers. One tire weighted 3 lbs. more than the other. Anyone know for sure what is going on here between the two numbers? I don't know the answer, but expect one is OEM and the is a Retail version.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...p/tire-details
Old 12-10-11, 06:21 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gladiator9
Hi Jim!
The treadwear rating is 580 , the temperature is A and I think the traction is also A. I am very pleased with the ride and handling so far, but I can't comment on the wet or snow traction yet.
Cheers,
Jim
580 is pretty high ... they should be very durable.

Here are the links to both the Spec-X and YK580, showing the differences.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/yk580
http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/parada_spec_x