RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Service Appointment

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-10, 12:47 PM
tigerbait
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Service Appointment

When I made the 10000 ml service check I asked about a loaner car.
I was told that since I bought the car out of state they would have to
charge me. My wife specifically asked the saleman about a loaner and
he stated the loaner was complimentary even if it wasn't bought locally.
We always thought it was a Lexus policy to provide a free loaner. Guess
not.
Also I had to give them the two service bulletin numbers for the wind
noise and the bluetooth fix. This person hadn't heard of either one! Was
then asked to give her my complaints because they don't automatically
do these service bulletins. You would think they would at least ask if you
were experiencing any of these problems so they could provide a fix per
the SB. Am I missing something here? So far I'm not impressed with my
dealership despite all the snacks.
Old 06-01-10, 01:50 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

I've never had a SB offered upon me without complaining/asking. Saves the company money. Recall on the other hand is a different story, especially now.
Old 06-01-10, 03:42 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that, find a new dealer. Loaners are complimentary, as long as they have one available and service longer than a day. It's all depend on the dealership.
Old 06-01-10, 04:54 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

I usually have keys to a loaner shoved in my hand if service is more than an hour. They know I drive a distance to get there. The standard is usually service of 3 or more hours. Most times I pass and wait for it. Where you bought your car shouldn't make a difference.

Like wyau01 said, find another dealer if you can. Some are better than others. Good luck.
Old 06-01-10, 05:02 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Actually, the "rule" on loaners as stated on the Lexus website is that they will provide a loaner if the work takes more than a day, or if something is being done because of a recall work. You are technically on your own. However, dealers give loaners as a courtesy to their customers, but they dont "have" to.

I would suggest you become really good friends with your dealership because if you do, they will treat you really well. I also get a loaner everytime I go in, and I have had work done for free that was technically out of warranty.

Also I believe all dealers will not bring up TSBs without complaints first.
Old 06-01-10, 06:22 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. I agree with RXSF on the Lexus rule. However, many of ppl will never get the loaners if Lexus dealers do follow that rule. In order to do the better services, most of dealers are increasing their loaner cars for customers. And I guess many of dealers may group customers into the several types and may prioritize them.

3 key factors are if you buy the car from this dealer, if you know the ppl in this dealership very well, and if you are the long time customer for many years. 2 other factors are if your service will take more than 1 or 2 or 3 hours, and if you make the early appointment prior to they run out of the loaner cars.

If you have all those 3 key factors, you will usually get the loaner no matter what. Otherwise, the dealers will "try their best" to help you.

In many of dealers, you probably won't get the loaner car when your car is in for the short service as well as when there are more ppl in front of you who need the loaner cars. It's really hard to blame dealers for doing so.

I know I probably won't get the loaner if going to some of local dealers nearby me.

My Porsche dealer where I got my car will drive the loaner to my house and take my car for the services (30-40 miles). Once the service is done, they will call and schedule for the swap. None of others will provide the same services, but are always willing to provide me the loaner car when making the early appointment. Some of them even provide the list of choices. But, my friend didn't get the loaner in another dealer when doing the short service in the past... No perfect dealer.
Old 06-01-10, 06:53 PM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I guess I am fortunate. My dealer is over 50 niles away yet they pick my vehicle up and leave me with a loaner. At my 5000 mile service they gave me a 2010 RX350.