RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How to end the navginator routing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-10, 06:39 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they are right on the screen like the yellow diamond with the red contrauction man to the right in kitlz's photo
Old 07-22-10, 09:04 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

The color of the routes indicates traffic flow - red heavy, yellow slow, green open. Note the roads are red with either side showing the flow. I believe left/right is south/north and top/bottom is west/east. I could have it reversed. The icons like the construction guy ziggy pointed out tell you road work on that road. I can't remember all of them but they're pretty self explanatory. Click on it and it will show on screen what's going on.

Getting back to topic, sort of, sometimes I forget to activate nav when I'm going to multiple places. If I have the address in previous destinations, I can pull it up while driving and select it. I think the same is true for home. This has come in handy a few times. From the same screen you can deactivate nav too, again while driving. May not be perfect but works for me.
Old 07-22-10, 09:13 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny
Anita is right, XM Traffic only works when it knows where you're going (iow, when a Destination is input by you). Otherwise, how could the Navi predict where you're going and what warnings to give you - there could could be dozens of warnings active at any time in your area, so which one?
As far as the verbal warnings go, that is correct. You must have a destination entered so it's knows the best way to re-route you to where you're going. However if your just on a highway covered by XM Traffic with out a destination entered, it will still give you the green/amber/red bars on the highway and accident symbols in the area covered on your map. IE: 1mile for example. I find this useful in North Metro Atlanta where accidents are like bugs on a windshield. They're there !!!

Question: I like what I call the 'bread crumb' feature and leave it on. What is the general feeling of everyone else??? The road layout here was never conceived with the idea of this much expansion so it's like one of those houses with multiple ad-ons and each one had a different architect. So the bread crumbs are often helpful in finding your way back where you came from.

Last edited by Cruiter; 07-22-10 at 09:22 AM. Reason: wordsmith