RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Help!! New RX 350...bluetooth and usb problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 09:56 AM
fubar7571
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! New RX 350...bluetooth and usb problems

I have a brand new rx350 with nav. I have a Blackberry Tour phone through Verizon. When i use the bluetooth in the car people say they can barely hear me. I took it back to the dealer and they said they adjusted the internal bluetooth mic sensitivity to full.....they say it was on 3/4 volume. I made 3 calls after getting the car back...still the same. I am wondering if they did anything at all. The dealer now says go buy a bluetooth headset and they have done all they can do. That stinks!!! Also...when i plug in the backberry to the usb connector it is not recognized. USB port works fine with the dealers iphone though. Anybody got any ideas???? Thanks.
Old 07-09-10, 11:48 AM
jay_man2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get an iPhone?
Old 07-09-10, 02:49 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

My Tour is fine with both bluetooth music streaming and phone calls. I don't think you can use usb to access files on your blackberry. You will need a jump drive for that.
Old 07-10-10, 08:54 AM
lalin
Rookie

Originally Posted by fubar7571
I have a brand new rx350 with nav. I have a Blackberry Tour phone through Verizon. When i use the bluetooth in the car people say they can barely hear me. I took it back to the dealer and they said they adjusted the internal bluetooth mic sensitivity to full.....they say it was on 3/4 volume. I made 3 calls after getting the car back...still the same. I am wondering if they did anything at all. The dealer now says go buy a bluetooth headset and they have done all they can do. That stinks!!! Also...when i plug in the backberry to the usb connector it is not recognized. USB port works fine with the dealers iphone though. Anybody got any ideas???? Thanks.
The problem is the Tour. In my company I had to replace 6 of them for that exact same issue. Actually in some cases even without using the Bluetooth the users complained that they were not heard at the other end of the call. Verizon replaced for free under warranty. Wait until you start having problems with the damn trackball...
Old 07-10-10, 09:37 AM
joker01
Driver School Candidate

I have the Blackberry Curve 8320 with AT&T and have no issues using the Bluetooth. I assume your problem is the Blackberry Tour. Good Luck.
Old 07-16-10, 09:07 PM
bonita54
Driver School Candidate

I used to have the blackberry connected on my rx350 year 2007 with no problems.

you do need to put in the pass key and it should work fine. I just purchased the iphone 4 and I need help in implementing this into my suv not having any luck since it is a different phone.

b

b
Old 07-20-10, 12:10 PM
Sugar3d
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fubar7571
1. Find a friend with a BB pair it with your car and test it out. Determine if its your car or if its your phone.
2. I don't think this will work but turn on mass storage in your BB and then connect it to the USB.
3. Your dealers iphone works with the USB as it's music function is based off the ipod which is what the lexus usb is designed to work with.
4. I suggest that you play the music on your BB through bluetooth.
Old 07-20-10, 08:24 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

In my areas, VW changes to provide Curve2 8530, Storm2 9550, and Bold 9650. All of 3 seems to work well via BT on my RX350.

Recently a 9630 (Tour) user reported his BB, all of sudden, lost the connection to his Lexus after 3 months' successful connection. Our IT dept. tested a few different model of BBs on his car, which are all working well. In our case, the problem is apparently tied with his Tour with unknown reasons.
Old 07-21-10, 05:31 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no problem with my bluetooth phone. The people we are calling says they hear us load and clear.
Old 07-21-10, 10:24 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem with my iPhone and my RX350
Old 08-13-10, 11:21 AM
smccann
Driver School Candidate

I also have a Blackberry Curve and have complaints from callers hearing noise/interference when I use the bluetooth connection in 2007 RX350.

??
Old 08-13-10, 07:34 PM
CliffV
Driver School Candidate

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 connected via Bluetooth to my RX450H. People can hear me just fine. However, when my wife uses it, people on the other end thinks she sounds like she's in a tunnel.

I suspect the system has a problem with her higher voice. (And when she gets perturbed, her voice gets louder and even higher.)
Old 02-18-11, 08:22 AM
chrislissa
Driver School Candidate

I have a verizon blackberry curve and the people I talk to say that my voice is muffled on occasion. Took it to dealer and technician tested with his iphone and said he didn't have any problems. Can any dealer respond to this issue with their experience?
Old 02-19-11, 11:05 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets
In my areas, VW changes to provide Curve2 8530, Storm2 9550, and Bold 9650. All of 3 seems to work well via BT on my RX350.

Recently a 9630 (Tour) user reported his BB, all of sudden, lost the connection to his Lexus after 3 months' successful connection. Our IT dept. tested a few different model of BBs on his car, which are all working well. In our case, the problem is apparently tied with his Tour with unknown reasons.
I have continually had the issue of losing the Bluetooth connection with my Sprint Samsung phone. I had purchased that phone a week after I had gotten my 2010 RX in July of 2010. Needless to say, since I'm not really too keen on getting a new phone, what I have to do when I see that the Bluetooth icon is gone, I either have to pull off the road so I can turn the car off and the phone off, turn the car back on and the phone, and then the Bluetooth connection comes back on. I know, it's a pain in the ****!!
Old 02-21-11, 08:28 AM
bobett
Driver

I have had no problems with 2011 RX and a Blackberry Storm 2

Quick Reply: Help!! New RX 350...bluetooth and usb problems