RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Ventvisors

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 03:15 PM
diesel60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ventvisors

Where can I get the tape on ventvisor ?

I don't like the weathertechs.
Old 07-19-10, 06:27 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by diesel60
Where can I get the tape on ventvisor ?

I don't like the weathertechs.
I am also looking for VentShade types but none at this time except for special order from UK for tune of $5xx. dollars. I didn't have too much luck with clip-on types and I am also looking for VentShade tape-ons. One member here from NJ/NY have the special order shade from UK and he purchased it for discounted price for something like $3xx. Sure does looks nice but still too expensive.
Old 07-19-10, 09:24 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

I ordered the JDM visors through Luis at Carson. The price was a little north of what sightdev said but cheaper than the UK dealer at $800. They have minimal tape and a few clips to attach on the outside versus the Weathertechs that sit in the window track. Dealer did the install for me so I can't comment too much on that part.

As far as the look, most people think they came with the car since they blend in so well. Lund/AVS is the next alternative look-wise but I don't think they make them for the RX. The JDMs are the real deal. I would definitely recommend them.
Old 07-19-10, 06:26 PM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
I ordered the JDM visors through Luis at Carson. The price was a little north of what sightdev said but cheaper than the UK dealer at $800. They have minimal tape and a few clips to attach on the outside versus the Weathertechs that sit in the window track. Dealer did the install for me so I can't comment too much on that part.

As far as the look, most people think they came with the car since they blend in so well. Lund/AVS is the next alternative look-wise but I don't think they make them for the RX. The JDMs are the real deal. I would definitely recommend them.
I remember it was you that order the visor from Carson. Luis told me you got discount but he wanted to charge me $6xx you are the only one with external stick-on type. and with LED lights [i love those lights], you have one rare RX [probably one of a kind]. I am hoping AVS will make one for the RX. They are supporting vendor here but they only have few selection for Lexus. considering RX is the best selling Lexus model, they should make one. I have always liked AVS brand.

Last edited by sightdev; 07-19-10 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-26-10, 01:01 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

damn.. so expensive for the JDM OEM visors.
I just checked the price in Japan and I can get those at around $500 shipped to my door.
I wish Sewell can carry those at a more competitive price like mud guard.

Old 07-26-10, 05:32 PM
diesel60
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll have to wait until somebody come out with a cheaper price.

Come on Sewell u can do it!
Old 07-26-10, 10:47 PM
E12ic46
Driver

$500 for visors are a bit overpriced lol.
Old 07-27-10, 04:01 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by E12ic46
$500 for visors are a bit overpriced lol.
Just a bit?
Old 07-27-10, 04:40 AM
E12ic46
Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Just a bit?
I stand corrected! Ridiculously overpriced. Massive markup. Must of required toyota to do some serious R&D for the visors lol.
Old 07-27-10, 05:27 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by E12ic46
I stand corrected! Ridiculously overpriced. Massive markup. Must of required toyota to do some serious R&D for the visors lol.

An amazing cost for four pieces of plastic that probably costs less than $10 to make.
The cardboard box the ventvisors come in is very nice.
I love accessories and will spend a lot on them but not that kind of $$$ for what you get but that's me.
Old 07-27-10, 06:02 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Whatever. I like mine. They look great on the 450h. They are priced much higher in Europe to put it in perspective. Maybe you can ask Luis at Carson if he'll do a group buy. It took exactly four weeks to get them.

And as I like to say, you only go around the world once
Old 07-27-10, 06:13 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Whatever. I like mine. They look great on the 450h. They are priced much higher in Europe to put it in perspective. Maybe you can ask Luis at Carson if he'll do a group buy. It took exactly four weeks to get them.

And as I like to say, you only go around the world once
Anita,if you like them,they're worth it to you and that's fine.I just draw a line on certain accessoriess cost wise.Yet,I'll blow money buying a vehicle and not keeping it long and buy another.Go figure!
It also helps that I'm not too fond of the look of ventvisors on the RX.The function is nice,though.
I like Weathertech's and am going Weathertech visors on the Camry.Backordered now 3 weeks.
Old 07-27-10, 06:56 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Anita,if you like them,they're worth it to you and that's fine.I just draw a line on certain accessoriess cost wise.Yet,I'll blow money buying a vehicle and not keeping it long and buy another.Go figure!
It also helps that I'm not too fond of the look of ventvisors on the RX.The function is nice,though.
I like Weathertech's and am going Weathertech visors on the Camry.Backordered now 3 weeks.
Joeb, understood. Some people drop a lot of money on rims which is a line I won't cross. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to my car. I like to keep it original. The JDM visors were one accessory I really liked and they're OE - perfect! I've changed RXs about every 5-6 years so I can spend a little more money on the accessories. But it's really not that much when you spread it out over time.

Weathertech is a great alternative for a lot less. I had them on my previous RXs. But they were having issues with the rear visors when I got my 450h and the color was blah. Just my personal preference. So I went with the JDMs. The style really compliments the RX.
Old 07-27-10, 07:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Joeb, understood. Some people drop a lot of money on rims which is a line I won't cross. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to my car. I like to keep it original. The JDM visors were one accessory I really liked and they're OE - perfect! I've changed RXs about every 5-6 years so I can spend a little more money on the accessories. But it's really not that much when you spread it out over time.

Weathertech is a great alternative for a lot less. I had them on my previous RXs. But they were having issues with the rear visors when I got my 450h and the color was blah. Just my personal preference. So I went with the JDMs. The style really compliments the RX.
Personal preference is what it's all about!
Bottom line is the item was worth it for you and that's all that matters.
Hey,we coiuld be driving a RAV4 and it would get us to point A and B at a much lesser cost.
I bought a ES 350, a week or so later changed the Bridgestone EL400's(sold them for less than half their worth) and bought a set of $700 installed Michelin Primacy's for a smoother quieter ride.So,I go off the top at times too.
I'm thinking of buying a wood dash kit for the Camry for $200.Some (like my wife)will think it's a waste but to me it's worth it.
Like someone posted recently,I wish someone made a matching RX wood dash kit piece to cover the silly silver cheapo plastic center dash area.

Last edited by Joeb427; 07-27-10 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-27-10, 07:56 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Personal preference is what it's all about!
Bottom line is the item was worth it for you and that's all that matters.
Hey,we coiuld be driving a RAV4 and it would get us to point A and B at a much lesser cost.
I bought a ES 350, a week or so later changed the Bridgestone EL400's(sold them for less than half their worth) and bought a set of $700 installed Michelin Primacy's for a smoother quieter ride.So,I go off the top at times too.
I'm thinking of buying a wood dash kit for the Camry for $200.Some (like my wife)will think it's a waste but to me it's worth it.
Like someone posted recently,I wish someone made a matching RX wood dash kit piece to cover the silly silver cheapo plastic center dash area.
Joeb, couldn't agree with you more. We buy what's important to us and screw the cost FYI, I had additional wood added to my RX300 by the dealer - around the vents, instrument panel, radio and shifter. It discolored over the years Now if you don't plan on keeping the car...

Quick Reply: Ventvisors