RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Sprint EVO 4G phone

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-10, 01:07 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Sprint EVO 4G phone

Has anyone purchased the Sprint EVO 4G phone? If so, did it load to the RX's hard drive in a satisfactory manor? I'm on a wait list and would like to see if feedback is possible prior to the phone coming in.
THX
Old 08-17-10, 09:26 AM
Coffee87
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What exactly do you mean by "load to the RX's hard drive"?

My EVO works over bluetooth and the contacts transfer over, but I haven't been able to get it to play music over the bluetooth connection. The RX450h is my wife's daily driver, so my time to play around with it is limited, so it may just require some messing around to get it to work. The settings on the EVO are limited though, so I'm not sure if it's even possible to play the music over the bluetooth connection.

If this isn't what you meant, then disregard. But as one of the few that have both and EVO and an RX, I will do my best to help answer any questions.
Old 08-17-10, 12:05 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Coffee87
What exactly do you mean by "load to the RX's hard drive"?

My EVO works over bluetooth and the contacts transfer over, but I haven't been able to get it to play music over the bluetooth connection. The RX450h is my wife's daily driver, so my time to play around with it is limited, so it may just require some messing around to get it to work. The settings on the EVO are limited though, so I'm not sure if it's even possible to play the music over the bluetooth connection.

If this isn't what you meant, then disregard. But as one of the few that have both and EVO and an RX, I will do my best to help answer any questions.
Ok, the contacts are what I'm talking about. They have to transfer to the Hard Drive for total hands free use. With the phone I currently have, my 450h has all the contacts on the hard drive. I can hit the button and say for instance, "dial Sally mobile" and it will automatically dial and connect the call w/o taking my hands from the wheel. It works pretty well as a matter of fact. But the contacts will have to be switched over. If I connect a new phone I doubt if I can use what's there, will probably have to reload it. But I've decided against the EVO as I'm on a list for delivery of the Epic due out on the 31st. I like the slide out keyboard and also the new onscreen 'slide' typing style. Plus the rounded corners for a better fit in the pockets. And being from Samsung VS HTC, it may be more like the one I have (Samsung) as far as compatibility.

How's the EVO working for you otherwise ??? Like the 4 G ?

As far as music, when I get that loaded, I just may use the USB connection to read it and also use and keep the phone charged.

Last edited by Cruiter; 08-17-10 at 12:08 PM. Reason: additional
Old 08-17-10, 01:35 PM
Coffee87
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The contacts should work even if you use what's already in there. In my 06 GS300 I didn't transfer any new contacts - I used what was originally in there from my old phone - and it still works.

With the music, USB is the way to go. Battery power alone makes it worthwhile.

I love the EVO. I don't have 4G in Oklahoma yet, but when I went to Chicago last month, I noticed a big speed difference. The phone is great, especially now that the operating system has been updated. I went from a Blackberry Curve to the EVO and you couldn't pry the EVO away from me.
Old 08-17-10, 01:39 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Coffee87
The contacts should work even if you use what's already in there. In my 06 GS300 I didn't transfer any new contacts - I used what was originally in there from my old phone - and it still works.

With the music, USB is the way to go. Battery power alone makes it worthwhile.

I love the EVO. I don't have 4G in Oklahoma yet, but when I went to Chicago last month, I noticed a big speed difference. The phone is great, especially now that the operating system has been updated. I went from a Blackberry Curve to the EVO and you couldn't pry the EVO away from me.
This is correct. The contacts stored in the vehicle are not phone-dependent. They will work with any phone that is paired to the system.
Old 08-17-10, 02:06 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TWong1200
This is correct. The contacts stored in the vehicle are not phone-dependent. They will work with any phone that is paired to the system.
Folks, that's wonderful information, thanks. I'm part of the 'If it's not broke, then don't fix it' generation. But my current phone is just that, a current phone only, and with Sprint's new plan that covers everything including roaming I couldn't resist. I'm pretty excited for the next two weeks waiting for it.

The reviews on both the Epic, the one I'm getting and the EVO have been nothing short of 'GREAT'. Sprint is gonna eat the Iphone's lunch.