RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

My New RX Pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-10 | 08:23 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Coffee87
The wipers on the new RX are pretty pathetic. Although, the wipers on my GS300 are almost too sensitive. I'll be sitting in my car, clear sky, 100+ degree weather, and my wipers will decide to make a pass. It's a nice feature, but that's almost something that is best left to personal preference.

And with the survey, I received one in the mail about a week after I bought the RX.
Easy
Just flip the wiper stalk to the top position, you'll have personal preference.
Old 08-26-10 | 08:31 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by wa3cuj
My dealer is about 50 miles away. When my vehicle needs service they come to my house and drop off a new RX when they take my 450h back. They will be coming to my house next week to replace the L emblem on my liftgate.
You too? I had mine replaced two weeks ago. There was corrosion looking stuff on the bottom. The dealer said they've replaced a few already. Mine looks perfect now.
Old 08-26-10 | 08:49 AM
klopez3709
Rookie

Thank you for the wiper advice. Oh, and by the way, I changed the nav screen, thanks to the help on this forum, so it doesn't keep defaulting to the map.

They told me at the dealership (when I bought the car) I should be getting a survey soon - I think I'll be honest about the experience. It was good for the price I got, but as far as spending 6 1/2 hours at the dealership - well, that was a bit much.
Old 08-26-10 | 10:13 AM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default LCD Display - Do NOT Default to "Map" Screen

Originally Posted by klopez3709
... Oh, and by the way, I changed the nav screen, thanks to the help on this forum, so it doesn't keep defaulting to the map.
... and no thanks to the Nav manual, eh? (It's not in the manual.)
Old 08-26-10 | 10:39 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kitlz
You too? I had mine replaced two weeks ago. There was corrosion looking stuff on the bottom. The dealer said they've replaced a few already. Mine looks perfect now.
Same here, got mine (L) replace during the 5k service.

I agreed that the rain-sensitive wipers are pathetic, but they handle the job.
It is nothing like my old Audi's rain-sensitive wipers, I think they are the best.
Old 08-26-10 | 05:13 PM
1rx350
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the new RX! And you'll learn how invaluable this forum is to understanding your new RX. I didn't know about the Auto Change option until just now. Thx!
Old 09-08-10 | 05:45 PM
gladiator9
Driver

Just my RX home from California to Canada yesterday, but still getting all the paperwork processed by our RIV . {Registrar of imported vehicles** They sure put through a mess of hoops before you can register and insure your vehicle. Love the ride and the look is super. Now to figure out all the bells and whistles on this vehicle. Will be spending lots of time on this site to figure out many of the gadgets on our new Lexus.
Cheers,
JB
Old 09-08-10 | 09:22 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Hi, KLopez. I'm driving my second Lexus RX350. It is a 2010, and my previous RX was a 2007. The rain-sensing wiper function is a little different on the 2010 RX as opposed to the 2007 RX. My understanding from reading the manual for the 2010 is that the indicator above "auto" has a circle, which means the rain-sensing function would be turned off. If you go up a notch above that with the "up" arrow, that is the most sensitive rain-sense. If you go down below the auto button, the rain-sense becomes less sensitive. Keep in mind you must also have the lever or the stalk in the right position also.
Sometimes at my car wash they will turn my wipers completely off, and I use that as a guide to see whether I'm in rain-sense mode or not since it can be difficult to tell. So if the stalk is all the way up, no wipers will come on. If you go down a notch with the stalk, you're in rain-sense mode. If you go down another notch, your wipers will come on in regular mode. Also, keep in mind that if there's a light mist-type rain, I find that the wipers need a little helpful nudge manually by flicking the stalk down and then back up. The wipers are also speed sensitive, so you'll notice them working more efficiently when it's raining a little harder and when your driving speed increases.

Regarding your dealership experience, I can say I have gotten great treatment at my Lexus Dealership. They have always called me to follow up on how I'm doing with my new purchase and also sent follow-up letters. The treatment has been the same in the service department. My service advisors have been top notch. I live in Florida also, so my dealership is Lexus of Tampa Bay. I only live a little over three miles from my dealership, so anything such as when a tire pressure warning light comes on, I can just drive on over and they take it back to check the tire pressure for me and put air in the tire that needs it, and then I'm on my merry way!

Last edited by EMSLEXUSRX; 09-08-10 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-09-10 | 03:07 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

Thank you, EMS. Got the wipers figured out, thanks to this forum. Also been doing tons of owner-manual reading, as well as these boards.

I mentioned on the survey I recently received about the missing follow-up. I'm also getting service reminder letters for the car I recently traded. Huh?

Oh, well - at least I'm happy with the deal and also with my new RX-Baby. I don't think I'll send the traded-in GX for service though. Ha!
Old 09-09-10 | 03:32 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Yeah, and I'm still waiting for my cookies

Kathie, how do you like the ride on the RX vs the GX?
Old 09-09-10 | 04:16 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
Yeah, and I'm still waiting for my cookies

Kathie, how do you like the ride on the RX vs the GX?
Hi, Anita...LOL on the cookies.

The ride is maybe not as smooth - but the GX is more of a luxury "truck", and was way too big for me to be truly happy in it - smooth ride or not. I think the updated model GX460 runs more than $60K now - certainly not worth it for me.

There was no way I needed 4-wheel drive or any of the suspension gadgets. And I don't have the annoying "thump" with the RX either.

My AC works much better also - In Florida - it is a necessary way of life. Especially with a black car. It cools off in no-time flat.

I like the nav in the RX much better and the gas mileage is awesome. I was getting maybe 15 MPG (if I was lucky) and my latest read-out is 19.4. A big difference.
Old 09-17-10 | 03:42 PM
Tex Lex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Coffee87
Although, the wipers on my GS300 are almost too sensitive. I'll be sitting in my car, clear sky, 100+ degree weather, and my wipers will decide to make a pass.
LOL! Had the same on our '06 GS.

--Nate