RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Has anyone shopped at http://lexus.sewellparts.com/

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-10, 08:13 PM
gladiator9
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Body side mouldings for the RX 350 from Sewell?

Just wondering if anyone here has ordered and installed the body side mouldings for their 2010 RX from Sewell? I will be ordering some mud flaps or splash guards from them sometime in Nov while we are wintering in Mesa, however I noticed that they have some body side mouldings available.
Are these of good quality and match the paint colour, and are easy to install.
I want to protect the side of the doors from chipping when other people open their doors in a parking lot and don't care about the vehicle parked beside them. I would also like to find a bug or stone deflector for the front of the hood, or else have some of that clear film put on. Anything to prevent stone chips on the hood or windshield??
Thanks!
JB
Old 03-31-11, 07:44 AM
timlrx11
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with everyone here that Sewell offers good prices and easy to shop online (http://sewellparts.com) for real Lexus parts. So far I've bought mudguards, Crossbar Roof Rack and Body Side Moldings with great discounts. Prices are a lot better than local Lexus dealers - even we have to pay extra for shipping.

Last edited by timlrx11; 04-11-11 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-31-11, 10:43 PM
JiniJazz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gladiator9
Just wondering if anyone here has ordered and installed the body side mouldings for their 2010 RX from Sewell? I will be ordering some mud flaps or splash guards from them sometime in Nov while we are wintering in Mesa, however I noticed that they have some body side mouldings available.
Are these of good quality and match the paint colour, and are easy to install.
I want to protect the side of the doors from chipping when other people open their doors in a parking lot and don't care about the vehicle parked beside them. I would also like to find a bug or stone deflector for the front of the hood, or else have some of that clear film put on. Anything to prevent stone chips on the hood or windshield??
Thanks!
JB
Another happy Swell customer.

As for the side molding, I have seen it in person and I'd say it is great item to add. Pre-painted, well made, and great price. I personally think it somewhat kills RX's clean side styling, but if you prefer that way, I'd say you would be very happy with it.
Old 04-01-11, 11:48 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
FWIW, you are not the only one. I have placed many orders in the last couple of years, and everything has gone flawlessly. However, a big order from a few years back was repeatedly screwed up, and the issue was not resolved until I spoke with Darrel's boss, who was a pleasure to deal with and is the reason I have continued to shop there.

Nothing against Darrel, but his attitude and unresponsiveness at the time left a lot to be desired for someone in customer service, who in the end was supposed to address his company's repeated mistakes on an order that was over $1k.
I agree, especially when you ask Darrel things like customs and taxes, shipping cost, etc. He would reply promptly and then somehow the communication was broken. I guess it is a very busy shop and so it is keep up with emails with trivial (but yet important) questions.

Overall, this is a good place to deal with in terms of speed of shipping. I ordered something recently and three days later (counting the weekend), the order arrived in Canada! It is very fast.