RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Any customary rules to remember for the service department?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-10, 11:52 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
The mints are left in the car after service and have the dealership name on them. Nice touch.
Unless it's a 100 degree day

Never heard of these "Lexus's Cookies". I will need to ask next time. The dealership we go to has danish's, two different automatic coffee machines with about 30 different packs to choose from and a usually well stocked fridge. Can't say I have a problem with filling out the survey's either, those guys always work hard in the service department and deserve a good review for their effort.
Old 10-22-10, 12:15 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
Never heard of these "Lexus's Cookies". I will need to ask next time.
Sewell in Dallas has some sort of fancy Italian cookies, they are a rolled crisp shell with hazelnut creme filling. They are passed out by the cashier as you are handed your bill, kind of a bitter with the sweet thing I suppose. I usually have mine gobbled up before I clear the lot.

The one time she forgot I was traumatized. They were right there beside her, I could see them. I kept glancing at them as we went through the process her hand never even strayed in their direction. I was too macho to beg for a cookie...that time.

Ever since then I've taken an aggressive approach and told her to give me a cookie early in the process in order to prevent the scene in which I am reduced to begging for a cookie as the ink is drying on my signature and she wants me to leave.
Old 10-22-10, 01:07 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

^^ that had me laughing hard
Old 10-22-10, 01:37 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

^^ me too. The picture of a grown man begging for a cookie, LMAO! Give me your address and I'll send you some. You can give them to the cashier instead
Old 10-22-10, 01:45 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
Unless it's a 100 degree day
The mints are the powdery kind, not chocolate

We need to create a list like Zagats to come up with the best Lexus service waiting areas Rating for actual service performed optional. Who cares as long as they have cookies and 20 varieties of coffee
Old 10-22-10, 01:52 PM
yahj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget a cold bottled water waiting in your car after servicing.
Old 10-22-10, 01:57 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

lol, those cookies are really good.
Old 10-22-10, 05:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
all they have is a coffee/tea station and a soda machine. And then the if you want a bottle of water or anything in a can, they make you go to the cashier and actually ask them for it. In all fairness, they are currently in a temporary location while the dealership is being built from the ground up.
man, i surely hope they are changing that... it sounds like few dealerships here before renovation. but now if you go to glendale, keyes, newport, they are all improved
Old 10-22-10, 07:41 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No mints, but plenty of cookies, hot and cold drinks, salads, and baked goods. There is a stocked refrigerator with lunch delivered by caterers. The service advisor is your best friend and he/she deserves every compliment. I get greeted by name by the other service advisors as well. Bringing in the car is a pleasant experience never stressful or contentious.
Old 10-22-10, 08:13 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
No mints, but plenty of cookies, hot and cold drinks, salads, and baked goods. There is a stocked refrigerator with lunch delivered by caterers. The service advisor is your best friend and he/she deserves every compliment. I get greeted by name by the other service advisors as well. Bringing in the car is a pleasant experience never stressful or contentious.
what dealer?
Old 10-23-10, 04:13 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

My rule is "Dont be an ar$$ewhole". So many people go into luxury car service depts with a superior attitude as if their excrement does not stink. My father used to say to be nice to the elevator man (remember those) because he may someday own the building. But I think it goes beyond that. Most of the advisors and mechanics are hardworking folks trying to make an honest living. There is no reason to rub their noses in the fact that, for whatever reason, you can afford a $40-80K car and probably they cannot. I see such snobby behavior there (and at the MB dealer when I drove one of those).

Last edited by daryll40; 10-23-10 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-23-10, 06:27 AM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Warnock Lexus Whippany, NJ
Old 10-23-10, 06:54 AM
JenBowes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed out on tasty treats?!?!? damn! lol I will definitely be on the lookout for those next time I'm there!
Old 10-23-10, 11:37 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
My rule is "Dont be an ar$$ewhole". So many people go into luxury car service depts with a superior attitude as if their excrement does not stink. My father used to say to be nice to the elevator man (remember those) because he may someday own the building. But I think it goes beyond that. Most of the advisors and mechanics are hardworking folks trying to make an honest living. There is no reason to rub their noses in the fact that, for whatever reason, you can afford a $40-80K car and probably they cannot. I see such snobby behavior there (and at the MB dealer when I drove one of those).
All true words, but I dont think anyone in this thread has said something that implies a superior attitude

Ever been to a benz dealership? even the employees are snooty
Old 10-23-10, 01:25 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Warnock Lexus Whippany, NJ
Nice complimentary items.
My dealer TriCounty had the same goodies but has cut down a lot the last couple of years.

Quick Reply: Any customary rules to remember for the service department?