RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-10, 12:57 PM
tkman00
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat

so i was rather disappointed that no one makes color matched mats for the parchment interior. the oem cargo mat is listed as brown and the weathertech mats are listed as tan. neither comes close. since i wasn't able to find any pictures of this, i decided to take some myself so other people can see for themselves.

oem cargo mat

weathertech tan mats

p.s. for those interested the junction produce tan leather matches parchment pretty well
Old 11-02-10, 01:44 PM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Your pictures are very helpful. Thanks for posting them.

I have been struggling with which ones to get also. Winter is coming fast so I have to decide soon.

It is interesting to note that the Weathertech mats that you have do not match the mats shown on the interior view on their web site. They do match the mat pictured alone on their site. Thanks for clarifying that part.

I also have the parchment interior and think I will go with the black mats. My son had tan mats in a Passat he had and they were hard to keep clean. My 450h came with black fabric mats so that should help me visualize what I might be getting.
Old 11-02-10, 02:00 PM
tkman00
Driver

^^^ i just bit the bullet. clearly it's not tan, but it does go w/ the earth tone scheme. it doesn't bother me a whole lot, and i don't regret it. but i was disappointed when it didn't match like it does on the weathertech site. perhaps the digitalfit comes in another shade?
Old 03-26-12, 11:47 AM
gqscholar
Driver

I know this is a old thread, but it contains a topic of interest.

Does anyone have pics with the black weathertech mats.

I also have the parchment interior, but can't decide on tan or black.

The Tan isn't a perfect match but it does blend, which would be cool with me.

Still wondering what the black would look like.

Does anyone think that all the rubber takes away? I'm thinking black might take more away than tan.

I do kind of, but I am much more worried about protecting the floor.

Thanks
Old 03-26-12, 11:56 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Check this thread for pictures of the black ones:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...tore-pics.html
Old 03-26-12, 02:43 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weathertech used to make a medium brown (darker than the tan they now have) which looked pretty good in my '07 with parchment interior. Then I got a '12RX with parchment which came with dark grey carpeted mats. The dealers rational was that it hid the dirt better. Since the dimensions etc of the '12 were different, I couldn't re-use the '07 Weathertech , so I tried to buy new brown ones and found they stopped making brown. I debated and ended up with the grey weathertech liners. I felt that the black was just too dark--too much of a contrast. What I ended up doing is removing the factory carpet mats, laying in the WT liners and putting the carpet mats back on top of the liners. That way I get the fuller coverage and protection of the WT and the plush feel and good looks of the factory mats. They fit inside nicely and don't move around. I feel (and obviously the dealer does too) that their dark grey mats look better with the dark parts of the dash than the black.
Old 03-26-12, 07:54 PM
2011RX350
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the looks of em, but prefer the black in that color scheme.
Old 03-27-12, 02:27 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My 450h came with a carpeted trunk mat that matched my parchment interior. It looks way better than anything in the above pictures. I thought I also saw a clear vinyl mat on ebay that looked better.
Old 03-27-12, 06:20 PM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tkman00

I like the pillows, were did you purchase them?
Old 03-31-12, 06:18 PM
tapau
Rookie

I got the black Weathertech mats, they look stunning and I love them. I love the way they look w/the black dash and the black part of the doors. It's a nice contrast. Also, I have a black RX. I didn't get one for the back though, I still have the parchment carpet. I really don't know what color to get for there as there is no black in the trunk space. Then again, it would probably look weird if I got black mats for the rest of the car and then the tan for the back.
Old 04-02-12, 06:24 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Finally getting around to taking and posting the pics of my 'grey' WT floorliner mats with the factory 'charcoal' carpeted mats on top, for those who are interested in seeing what they look like with the parchment/cashmere interior.
Attached Thumbnails Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat-044.jpg   Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat-043.jpg   Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat-042.jpg   Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat-041.jpg   Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat-040.jpg  

Old 04-02-12, 07:16 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by jclem
Finally getting around to taking and posting the pics of my 'grey' WT floorliner mats with the factory 'charcoal' carpeted mats on top, for those who are interested in seeing what they look like with the parchment/cashmere interior.
Thanks for the pics, and they look good.

Using the mats are a great way to make sure the lexus doesn't get the rumber interior look.

I'm trying to do something a little different.

I'm going to get the tan/beige husky mats and put the gray mats on top of it.
Old 04-11-12, 08:08 PM
zmanRX350
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Check this thread for pictures of the black ones:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...tore-pics.html
pics of my tan ones are posted there too.
Old 04-14-12, 12:59 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all, I just got my RX 350 (wanted it for a long time and finally convince the wife, but that is another story...<S>), I have the Tungsten silver (outside) and the light grey interior. I know that the Lexus carpeted mats are all black and they came with the car, I was wondering if anyone has bought the weathertech all weather mats in grey and how they look. Any help or advise is appreciated...
Old 04-14-12, 02:43 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by svofan1
Hi all, I just got my RX 350 (wanted it for a long time and finally convince the wife, but that is another story...<S>), I have the Tungsten silver (outside) and the light grey interior. I know that the Lexus carpeted mats are all black and they came with the car, I was wondering if anyone has bought the weathertech all weather mats in grey and how they look. Any help or advise is appreciated...
If you look at my post above, you'll see several pics of my grey WT mats with the factory charcoal mats on top

Quick Reply: Tan Weathertech mats/Brown OEM Cargo mat