RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

power trunk door

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-11, 07:19 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I printed out post #46 and took it to my "alternate" dealer. I did not print out the picture in post #47. However, I can tell you that the screen they used did not look quite like that in post #47. I did notice that as soon as they made the change in the default from no to yes, the small box in the lower left corner of the screen stated exactly what would happen with this change. It would see that the information in post #46 was sufficient to point them in the correct direction.
Old 07-13-11, 08:17 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by The X Men
I have tried once already to get it change with no success. I will talk to my wife and see if she want to ask them to try again. Maybe I will ask her to show them post #46, thanks guys for pointing that out to me. My wife's biggest concern is someone which is not familiar with the RX may try to open the hatch manually while the motor is trying to open it up at the same time, which might possibly cause some damage.
Then I'd suggest disabling the tailgate. I haven't checked but the button was in the glove compartment on the 2nd gen. That'll prevent any accidental forced openings.
Old 07-13-11, 09:45 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Maybe their software is outdated and the option is not on the program.
Old 07-14-11, 01:13 AM
dlgreg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuschar
I think you may mean to say Post 47.
No.
Post 46 was the one I gave the dealer.
He was then able to program it to auto open.
Old 07-14-11, 01:26 PM
alanadler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuschar
Do you have a name of someone there who knows how to do this? I could schedule a visit and drive down there.

Having the door open with power is slower than manually opening it, yet sure would help when your hands are full and you can barley reach out and push the button a couple of times. That is where it is useful. I don't mind waiting a few moments for the door to power up if it means I don't have to put all the groceries down only to pick them up again after I open the door.
LexusChar. I don't remember the name of the person and I don't have any paperwork on it but it was the service manager so you might call and ask for him. It only took a few minutes to do. I had them test it on one of their loaners first before I came down since I live in the Palos Verdes area and it's about 45 minutes from here. Unfortunately I erased all my emails on the subject. Hope you can get it taken care of. As for which is faster, manually opening is faster but when you have your hands full of heavy stuff the electronic assist is much better.

PS: I looked on the Cerritos website and found the guy's name and information:
Gary Benner
Service Director
Phone: 562-865-7447
Ext. 1032
Fax: 562-677-7554
bennerg1@autonation.com

Last edited by alanadler; 07-14-11 at 01:52 PM. Reason: New Information
Old 07-22-11, 04:07 PM
604hagarr
Driver School Candidate

Just got my 2011 rx 350 back from its 1600 km inspection.

I asked the service dept. about this future and the rep wasn't sure about this but said he'll ask the mechanic. NO hassle at all.

When I picked up my car, the future was done and now I'm a happy camper!
Old 07-22-11, 04:51 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Metro Vancouver

Originally Posted by 604hagarr
Just got my 2011 rx 350 back from its 1600 km inspection.
Which dealer/service dept. did you go to?
Old 07-22-11, 05:46 PM
604hagarr
Driver School Candidate

Open Road Lexus in the Richmond Auto Mall
Old 07-23-11, 02:02 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm confused, what future are you talking about?
Old 07-23-11, 02:08 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default "Future"

Originally Posted by happy1977
I'm confused, what future are you talking about?
I assume he meant "future" = "feature".
Old 07-23-11, 06:21 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, Guys! For those of you who have had problems with your dealership reprogramming the power liftgate, I feel so bad for you guys! My dealership knew right away what I was talking about once I had found out on this forum that this feature existed. I've been with this dealership now going on five years(Lexus of Tampa Bay), and the treatment I get is second to none! I am surprised that there is quite a bit of disparity between the quality of the dealerships throughout this country in regard to Lexus. They definitely need to get everyone on the same page regarding some of these features.
Old 07-24-11, 12:23 AM
604hagarr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BCRCornet
I assume he meant "future" = "feature".
oh..yes, it's my error...thanks to the grammar police for finding that.

back on topic, I also notice that if I hold the open button on the trunk door, it'll automatically open as well.

Not too sure if this feature was there before.
Old 07-24-11, 04:02 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

I held the open button on the tailgate and it did a quick unlock and open, yeah! Thanks!
Old 07-24-11, 08:38 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 604hagarr
oh..yes, it's my error...thanks to the grammar police for finding that.

back on topic, I also notice that if I hold the open button on the trunk door, it'll automatically open as well.

Not too sure if this feature was there before.
Yes, I had learned that also; so, really no need to even tap it twice! Nice!
Old 07-28-11, 11:32 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Quick update! This morning I stopped in at my selling dealer to show my salesman that indeed the lift gate could be programmed to work automatically with just a touch of the exterior controls. He was amazed! After I showed it to him, he tried it himself twice just to make sure that I was not pulling a fast one I guess. He wanted to know who at their sister dealership did it and how it was accomplished. He is supposed to call them to find out. There are two Lexus dealerships here in the Pittsburgh area that are both owned by the same family and neither one knew how to make this happen without a customer being persistent enough and providing them with the information necessary to do so. This is LEXUS not Kia!! Where is the training? I am sure that if another customer came into either dealership today the staff would not be able to accomplish the work and just give him some lame excuse. That is of course unless he/she was a member of this forum.

Quick Reply: power trunk door