RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New Rx450H With A Service Record

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-10, 05:31 PM
nixsaguru
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your concerns. I just got home with a "BRAND NEW" 2010 RX450h Smoky Granite Mica. I was surprised that they offered me an exchange. The sales dept. didn't know about the service history at the time of the sale but the service manager who help me was very informative. Like mac12 said, he thought that the steering wheel pulled out of the new car to repair other car.

It only took 3 minutes to get the resolution of the issue from the GSM and everything went very smooth from then on. I actually got a better deal then the original. The new car had chrome wheels and I got them at the dealer cost.

I am so glad things turned out better me and left with smile on my face. I would definitely go back to purchase another car from them but will always make sure the vehicle has a clean server history.

ps. I really like the two tone gray/black interior.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...or-change.html

Last edited by nixsaguru; 12-17-10 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-17-10, 06:51 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad it worked out for you but I wouldn't use a dealer that thinks of his new stock on the lot as a source of parts to repair customers vehicles. He may pull those vehicles out of stock and wait for new parts, or just put the ones taken out of your vehicle into those. It's a bad practice for now you don't know when you go to his store whether you are looking at a vehicle that hasn't had parts swapped. Your satisfaction comes at somebody elses dissapointment. I wouldn't want to buy a new car that has had major parts swapped out and then sold as new. Just my opinion.
Old 12-17-10, 07:36 PM
nixsaguru
Driver School Candidate

It was the dealer trade car that the service was done at the previous dealer. My dealer didn't know about it until I and they looked up the service history. Two dealers will have a serious talk.
Old 12-17-10, 07:38 PM
flystone
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chrome wheels at dealer cost...so how much extra did you pay for the chrome wheels??
Old 12-18-10, 05:41 AM
2008M3
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My dealer sucked. I had a check engine light and awd light on. It wasn't disclosed to me and I had the option to purchase an identical car that did not have these problems. What did you say to your dealer that made them decide to give you a new car? How many miles did you have on the car when they decided to switch it out for another new one? Does anyone have any recommendations for me?
Old 12-19-10, 07:03 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2008M3
My dealer sucked. I had a check engine light and awd light on. It wasn't disclosed to me and I had the option to purchase an identical car that did not have these problems. What did you say to your dealer that made them decide to give you a new car? How many miles did you have on the car when they decided to switch it out for another new one? Does anyone have any recommendations for me?
Check engine light and AWD light doesn't mean anything is wrong. They can be tripped if battery was disconnected or other event happened in shipping or prep. Have they come on since they were reset? If not I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 12-19-10, 02:23 PM
2008M3
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Point is if you have two identical vehicles, one with the check engine and awd light serviced and one with out, and this was disclosed to you before purchase would you take the one with the problems?

Dealer should have disclosed it to me pre-purchase.
Old 12-19-10, 02:52 PM
k9shelly1
Driver

I agree with you 2008. I am a little upset at the fact that the dealer sold me a "floor model" when I specifically said I didn't want that. The car had 11 miles on it so it was new and the only way I figured this out was that the build date was 5 months before I purchased it and there was a little wear on the driver's seat.

Overall a great deal and experience but I am bothered by it a little. Given the option of buying one from the back or one that is on display which would most people take. I bet most people don't want the floor model TV for the same price they can get one that is still in the box.
Old 12-19-10, 02:59 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by k9shelly1
I agree with you 2008. I am a little upset at the fact that the dealer sold me a "floor model" when I specifically said I didn't want that. The car had 11 miles on it so it was new and the only way I figured this out was that the build date was 5 months before I purchased it and there was a little wear on the driver's seat.

Overall a great deal and experience but I am bothered by it a little. Given the option of buying one from the back or one that is on display which would most people take. I bet most people don't want the floor model TV for the same price they can get one that is still in the box.
5 months is a long time for a vehicle to sit and spend in a showroom.
I'd be pissed too.I don't buy showroom vehicles.
However,did the dealer have another exact RX for you?
Old 12-19-10, 07:05 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Both of my Lexus' have been showroom vehicles. And both had options that weren't normally specified: on my 2006 IS it had ML, Sports Package, Ground Effects, and G-Spider wheels; on the 2010 RX350 it had Heads Up Display, Comfort, Navigation and Tow Prep package (and it was made in Japan and not Canada, very important to me). In my experience showroom vehicles are better equipped and prepared and it gives you the opportunity to inspect it fully cleaned up before purchase so you can check its condition in the showroom under good lighting. Popular vehicles don't sit that long on the showroom anyway and I don't really mind a few dozen people sliding in and out of the vehicle. These aren't cheap Chevy's where the whole family crowds into them with kids and sticky fingers. A car isn't exactly like a product in its factory sealed box, cars see real world rain, dirt, starting of engines, jockeying around lots, etc. It's personal opinion of course, but I would not dismiss a showroom vehicle out of hand.
Old 12-19-10, 07:21 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
5 months is a long time for a vehicle to sit and spend in a showroom.
I'd be pissed too.I don't buy showroom vehicles.
However,did the dealer have another exact RX for you?
But that doesn't mean it sat on the showroom floor all that time. It may have sat in inventory for 4.9 months and then moved to the floor. If you do the math over the first 11 months of 2010 the average sell rate of RX's is about 1.5 vehicles per day per dealer. I bet most RX's don't spend more than 3 days on average on the floor.
Old 12-20-10, 04:45 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evitzee
But that doesn't mean it sat on the showroom floor all that time. It may have sat in inventory for 4.9 months and then moved to the floor. If you do the math over the first 11 months of 2010 the average sell rate of RX's is about 1.5 vehicles per day per dealer. I bet most RX's don't spend more than 3 days on average on the floor.

Most likely not for 5 months but the poster said there was some wear on the seats which points to the RX being in the showroom for quite awhile.
Old 12-20-10, 04:57 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Most likely not for 5 months but the poster said there was some wear on the seats which points to the RX being in the showroom for quite awhile.
The wear on the seat is what got me thinking about this. Now, I'm not talking fading or worn cusioning here. What I saw was that the seat bottom had fold lines where the rest of the seats had none. They were perfect. Had I seen more wear than that the car would have stayed there.

To the question about other RX's available. I made the deal over the phone and when it started they had 3 on the lot. The first chance I got to go and pick it up was 1 1/2 weeks later and the others were gone. One was being picked up at the exact same time as I was picking ours up.

Oh well, I won't let it take away from the experience of the RX as I have been very happy with it. My wife and kids love it which makes it even better.
Old 12-20-10, 06:51 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

The wear on the seat is what got me thinking about this. Now, I'm not talking fading or worn cusioning here. What I saw was that the seat bottom had fold lines where the rest of the seats had none. They were perfect. Had I seen more wear than that the car would have stayed there.

To the question about other RX's available. I made the deal over the phone and when it started they had 3 on the lot. The first chance I got to go and pick it up was 1 1/2 weeks later and the others were gone. One was being picked up at the exact same time as I was picking ours up.

Oh well, I won't let it take away from the experience of the RX as I have been very happy with it. My wife and kids love it which makes it even better.
k9shelly1,I'd prefer not to buy a showroom vehicle and never have but would if the vehicle was the exact model with color and options I wanted and the only one in stock.
However in my area,I have over a dozen Lexus dealers in a 50 mile radius so my dealer probably could get a vehicle to my liking.
Don't worry about and continue to enjoy the RX.
Old 12-20-10, 07:22 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

Thanks and it was the exact one that we wanted. Black on black with Navi. Only options left off were the HUD, ML, and rear DVD (priced too high). We didn't need or want those so I got exacly what my wife and I wanted.

I just put in the rear DVD myself and it look a lot better than the stock one from Lexus.

Quick Reply: New Rx450H With A Service Record