RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

iPod Scrolling - please check

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-11, 07:32 AM
chrick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The scrolling issue was fixed for me by the firmware update. I gave them the LSB # as indicated in the original post and that seemed to do the trick. Unfortunately, it did not fix the connection issue I've had since I bought the car, but that will wait for yet another service visit.
Old 03-07-11, 08:02 PM
picker
Driver School Candidate

the 335A "nav" software fixed the usb interface so it doesn't play the top track as one scrolls through the track list on the nav screen. This makes the USB tab much more usable and made us re-evaulate which interfaces we use.

With AUX all fuctions are done on the player.

With BT one can stop and start the track with the car, and the track is paused when the car or phone is removed but one must select tracks on the player.

With USB one can start, stop, next track, select songs, audiobooks, genre, and artist selections on nav screen. (and auto pause on removal)

The car will even change the player's source going from USB to BT, but not from BT to USB (Fixed in iphone 4.3) so one must mind the players source shown in the image below.

CAR MULTIMEDIA = BT and Dock Connector = USB

The larger problem (Fixed in iphone 4.3) is when USB is returned, the player starts at the beginning of the track, rather than contununing where it left off. (huge deal in a 4hr audiobook) This and the easyer audio track selection on the player means we will continue to use the BT interface and a cigarette power to usb to keep the player charged.

iPhone 4.3 will be publicly avalible March 11th.
Old 04-12-11, 07:24 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by picker
the 335A "nav" software fixed the usb interface so it doesn't play the top track as one scrolls through the track list on the nav screen. This makes the USB tab much more usable and made us re-evaulate which interfaces we use.

With AUX all fuctions are done on the player.

With BT one can stop and start the track with the car, and the track is paused when the car or phone is removed but one must select tracks on the player.

With USB one can start, stop, next track, select songs, audiobooks, genre, and artist selections on nav screen. (and auto pause on removal)

The car will even change the player's source going from USB to BT, but not from BT to USB (Fixed in iphone 4.3) so one must mind the players source shown in the image below.

CAR MULTIMEDIA = BT and Dock Connector = USB

The larger problem (Fixed in iphone 4.3) is when USB is returned, the player starts at the beginning of the track, rather than contununing where it left off. (huge deal in a 4hr audiobook) This and the easyer audio track selection on the player means we will continue to use the BT interface and a cigarette power to usb to keep the player charged.

iPhone 4.3 will be publicly avalible March 11th.
So I had my 2010 RX in for service yesterday and told them I need the ipod scrolling issue fixed. I even mentioned the bulletins that everyone gave us the info on here. I get my car back and start looking through the receipt and they addressed everything except the ipod issue and put "Could not replicate". I called the dealer and the service guy then asked me " What is your issue with the ipod?" I explain how when you scroll it automatically starts playing the first track at the top. His response was that they all do that! I told them that they shouldn't and mentioned the software update. He was skeptical. They called me today to say they will pick up my car and do the update today. Why can't they just do it right the first time?
Old 04-12-11, 09:21 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

Originally Posted by Mdkellys
So I had my 2010 RX in for service yesterday and told them I need the ipod scrolling issue fixed. I even mentioned the bulletins that everyone gave us the info on here. I get my car back and start looking through the receipt and they addressed everything except the ipod issue and put "Could not replicate". I called the dealer and the service guy then asked me " What is your issue with the ipod?" I explain how when you scroll it automatically starts playing the first track at the top. His response was that they all do that! I told them that they shouldn't and mentioned the software update. He was skeptical. They called me today to say they will pick up my car and do the update today. Why can't they just do it right the first time?
I just went through this a couple months ago. Unfortunately for me they did not call me back. Not to mention my dealer is 150 miles away. It is frustrating.

Another note, have you all noticed how you can scroll thru the iPod music but can scroll through phone numbers, XM stations, etc.? That does not make sense to me.
Old 04-12-11, 09:35 AM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Firmware Update? Not in Canada!

Originally Posted by k9shelly1
I just went through this a couple months ago. Unfortunately for me they did not call me back. Not to mention my dealer is 150 miles away. It is frustrating.
Tell me about it! Lexus Canada disavows all knowledge of the relevant TSB or firmware update. I can't get the update done, at all.

Another note, have you all noticed how you can scroll thru the iPod music but can scroll through phone numbers, XM stations, etc.? That does not make sense to me.
Sad to say, the "integrated" nav/audio system's interface lacks consistency - it appears to be cobbled together from different software components, and they don't behave anywhere near alike each other.
Old 04-12-11, 10:50 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

The funniest comment the service guy made to me was "They all do that. Mine does it as well" and I said "They are not suppose to and I have sources say that it can be fixed." I told him to check a 2011 one on the lot and see if it has the same problem. After he did that he called me back to pick it up today to do the update. I am drive the HS 250 Hybrid as a loaner. I never driven a hybrid before. The shifter is kind of quirky and not the simplest thing to use. It has been getting 31.6 mpg around town running errands.
Old 04-12-11, 02:33 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

The funniest comment the service guy made to me was "They all do that. Mine does it as well" and I said "They are not suppose to and I have sources say that it can be fixed." I told him to check a 2011 one on the lot and see if it has the same problem. After he did that he called me back to pick it up today to do the update. I am drive the HS 250 Hybrid as a loaner. I never driven a hybrid before. The shifter is kind of quirky and not the simplest thing to use. It has been getting 31.6 mpg around town running errands.
I just got it back and it works great now. The service guy said he is updating his tomorrow.
Old 04-12-11, 08:05 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why is it the first thing the service people say is it can't be done? Why don't they say, let me check on that for you. Start with a positive not a negative.
Old 04-13-11, 05:01 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

I think its funny how most service guys rely with the "they all do that" explanation. I agree that they should start off positive and not shoot you down right off the bat.

My tailgate was programmed to open automatically but only after I asked them to just give it a shot. My SA started out by saying that it couldn't be done to my '10 RX becaus of the build date.

Next time I'm in for service I am going to insist they fix the iPod scrolling. It is frustrating.
Old 04-13-11, 08:11 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

I think its funny how most service guys rely with the "they all do that" explanation. I agree that they should start off positive and not shoot you down right off the bat.

My tailgate was programmed to open automatically but only after I asked them to just give it a shot. My SA started out by saying that it couldn't be done to my '10 RX becaus of the build date.

Next time I'm in for service I am going to insist they fix the iPod scrolling. It is frustrating.
It does make the ipod connector much more useful now that the scrolling works right. The service guys tend to want to find the easy fix and since this bulletin was rather general he didn't think it would work. My RX was actually built after the vin number range in the bulletin but it didn't have the software update. It works fine now though. It just sucked that it took two days to get it right when I gave them all the information from this site right up front.
Old 04-13-11, 08:32 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

It does make the ipod connector much more useful now that the scrolling works right. The service guys tend to want to find the easy fix and since this bulletin was rather general he didn't think it would work. My RX was actually built after the vin number range in the bulletin but it didn't have the software update. It works fine now though. It just sucked that it took two days to get it right when I gave them all the information from this site right up front.
mdkellys, mine was also outside of the VIN ranges. There was a huge gap in between the two groups of affected RXs. Dealer did it anyway and the scrolling problem is gone. Sorry to hear people are having issues with their dealers
Old 04-13-11, 03:29 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
mdkellys, mine was also outside of the VIN ranges. There was a huge gap in between the two groups of affected RXs. Dealer did it anyway and the scrolling problem is gone. Sorry to hear people are having issues with their dealers
It sounds like a bigger issue than they thought. It is just a nuisance more than anything else.
Old 04-13-11, 03:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

mdkellys, I'm not complaining. I mean it only took Lexus several years to add the USB port to the RX. Little glitches don't bother me
Old 04-13-11, 04:31 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
mdkellys, I'm not complaining. I mean it only took Lexus several years to add the USB port to the RX. Little glitches don't bother me
Yeah I hear ya. My wife bought a used 2007 IS 250 and it doesn't have the USB port or XM and she thinks she is in the stone ages!!!!

Mike
Old 04-16-11, 11:22 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Service

Originally Posted by MEP7557
Why is it the first thing the service people say is it can't be done? Why don't they say, let me check on that for you. Start with a positive not a negative.
I work in a customer service type of job. And I wish I had time to research everything.

If a Lexus model has had a problem for about 3 years. The next time somebody asked me " Hey I have a scrolling problem " I would say. Yeah they all do.

Every technician cant be an expert about everything. With all of the different years and models. You need to just come in with some documentation. If they blow you off. Go up the chain.

Quick Reply: iPod Scrolling - please check