RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

iPod Scrolling - please check

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-11, 11:43 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
mdkellys, mine was also outside of the VIN ranges. There was a huge gap in between the two groups of affected RXs. Dealer did it anyway and the scrolling problem is gone. Sorry to hear people are having issues with their dealers
Happy to report that the service guys here at Lexus in Tampa, FL have been quite knowledgeable about any programming questions that I've had with my 2010 RX, and they were on top of things regarding any TSB's and such when I drove the '07 RX. I have been very pleased with my dealership experience these past four years.
Old 05-14-11, 01:06 PM
pasi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this thread a while ago I also went to my dealer and asked this scrolling issue to be fixed.

After waiting a while SA came to me and said there is fixing to this connection error -thing with ipod and it should take care of everything. All they have to do is replace ECU and it is for free. Wau, I thought, that's nice. Of course they didn't have the ECU so they ordered it.

Today I went there again for replacing it. I still mentioned this scrolling issue, cause I wasn't 100% sure about fixing that too. I told SA all the relevant info from this tread and he was like, oh I/we know everything about everything, keep your piece of paper and your threads to yourself.

Fine, got my car back. Unfortunately I didn't test the system until home (1 hour drive) and realize that the connectivity issue seems to be fixed but scrolling NOT.

Getting that connectivity fixed is of course a great thing, since i didn't even knew that there is a fix for that. But it's still pisses me off that this SA was such a jerk. I should've known. I know they didn't have a clue what I was talking about this scrolling and they sure didn't tested it after replacing the ECU.

BUT, this connectivity issue can be fixed!!!!