RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What's this light on the dash?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-10 | 05:38 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Default What's this light on the dash?

The little green icon popped up today. What is it?

Old 12-21-10 | 05:39 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Cruise Control
Old 12-21-10 | 07:27 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

One of the basics..... What's even more surprising is he has over 9,000 miles on the clock and just discovering cruise control!!
Old 12-21-10 | 08:11 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Originally Posted by MEP7557
Cruise Control
Thank you

Originally Posted by Evitzee
One of the basics..... What's even more surprising is he has over 9,000 miles on the clock and just discovering cruise control!!
My mother drives the RX smartass, it's not my car, I was asking for her. Thanks for the help though
Old 12-21-10 | 08:49 PM
RXSF

finally lexus is spreading themselves away from Toyota. In the past, both brands used the "CRUISE" icon...
Old 12-21-10 | 10:37 PM
jeffmust
Driver

Wait - there's a new model, called the RX Smartass?

How did I miss that annoucement??!

Probably a hybrid that runs on methane.

Darn.
Old 12-22-10 | 01:55 AM
stw2046
Driver

Wait rxsf. I wished they did. My other 2010 camry xle has the same cc light.
Old 12-22-10 | 05:22 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
Thank you

My mother drives the RX smartass, it's not my car, I was asking for her. Thanks for the help though
It is sort of an unconventional symbol for cruise control. However this is a site that gives lots of information and opinions about the operation of our cars. That being said the person you labeled S***t A** had no way of knowing it was your mom's car and probably thought you had ample time to read the manual and were just asking a silly question. I sort of thought the same.

Note to GoodRevs: When asking for help here, don't 'over' rev with angry comments. You want Good Will and constructive help here. Don't start a fight please. This is a good forum to be in and we welcome you if you play nice.

Just my opinion.
BTW, it is a cruise control icon, I know because I looked it up in the 'very large' manual .
Old 12-22-10 | 06:17 AM
Orbit
Rookie

The light only comes on when you "arm" it by pressing the button on the end of the cruise control stalk. There's the extra step of actually setting the speed, which lights up the "SET" indicator on the multifunction display.
Old 12-22-10 | 07:02 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cruiter
It is sort of an unconventional symbol for cruise control. However this is a site that gives lots of information and opinions about the operation of our cars. That being said the person you labeled S***t A** had no way of knowing it was your mom's car and probably thought you had ample time to read the manual and were just asking a silly question. I sort of thought the same.

Note to GoodRevs: When asking for help here, don't 'over' rev with angry comments. You want Good Will and constructive help here. Don't start a fight please. This is a good forum to be in and we welcome you if you play nice.

Just my opinion.
BTW, it is a cruise control icon, I know because I looked it up in the 'very large' manual .
A lot of good info in the BIG manual.
Old 12-22-10 | 08:01 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Sm**t A** reporting in for comment. I just thought it a bit odd that someone would go to all the trouble of taking a picture of the icon, uploading it to a host server, and then asking a question of what it is instead of just reaching over to the glove box and flicking through the owner's manual and finding the answer in less than a minute. It may even be in the abbreviated Quick Guide that is also in the leather folio. Anyway, glad you got the answer.

It may be your mama's car but it is shown as being in your stable in your siggy.
Old 12-22-10 | 09:00 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Well guys with the exception of a few posters I'd like to say thanks for contributing nothing to this thread. Cruiter, I think I've made enough posts so that I can participate without you being oh so gracious as to critique me on my etiquette, but thanks for informing me of the standards I should use. I don't really remember you ever being helpful in the past so I guess it's not surprising that the first time our posts cross so to speak is when you make a post without any helpful info. Note to you, if it's a silly question don't bother replying.

I didn't think the fact that it was my mothers car made a difference since we weren't discussing driver education but oh well. Yes I'd like to read the manual but a) the fact I almost never drive the car and b) I just got home from college kinda make that difficult. It seems many of the folks who own the 3RX are retired and have more time to read the manual front to back, I'd don't have that luxury, and as you admitted it's large. I snapped a quick pic and posted a quick thread, all I wanted was a quick reply like MEP or orbit posted. Stupid questions get posted all the time on forums, I'm guilty of that (obviously), but I don't automatically post an unpleasant remark.

Whew, ok, let's chill out and move on people. Thanks for clearing up that it's CC, saves me some time
Old 12-22-10 | 09:04 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

I think both methods work to answer a question. Looking up an icon (or other information) will work if one wants to deal with locating and reading the manual(s), but a quick picture ("a picture is worth a thousand words") and inquiry also works great on a forum such as this; where responses come quickly by knowledgable folks. I have used cruise control on my Lexus, but I did not know offhand what that icon represented until the replies.
Old 12-22-10 | 09:10 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

On the subject of cruise control, anyone else find the placement of the CC operation odd? It seems to get in the way of my knee and I have to look down to operate it.

Anywho, just thought I'd throw that in here.
Old 12-22-10 | 09:18 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Originally Posted by k9shelly1
On the subject of cruise control, anyone else find the placement of the CC operation odd?
You're referring to like 4/5 o'clock on the steering wheel? It's been located in that spot for a while on Lexus as far as I know. Both our ES's have it in that spot, and I think the 2ES's had it there as well as, maybe the LS's and SC's too.

Quick Reply: What's this light on the dash?