RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

climate control craziness

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 08:58 AM
tacomaboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg
I'm jumping into to this conversation a bit late, but climate control settings are both remembered where they were and also memorized by key fob. I saw this while searching for something else in the on line manual or going through service bulletins. Don't ask me how this works. I'll try to find it again, if you need a reference.

When the settings go haywire, which fob are you using? Hers or yours (the spare)?
So this is my one suspicion. I think when I get in the car in the morning, it is in the garage, and unlocked. My wife was the last to drive it so the settings are hers. I get in, start it, press 2 to have the seat adjust to me, set the AC to Auto (72), and drive. Then I get out, power off the car, lock it, do some shopping, come back, unlock it with MY keyfob, and then after starting the car, I notice the AC is not on Auto and is now set to 84 or some other temp.

Maybe it reverts to the temperature I had set the last time I had unlocked the car with my own keyfob (which may have been over a week ago?)
Old 01-05-11, 02:18 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tacomaboy
So this is my one suspicion. I think when I get in the car in the morning, it is in the garage, and unlocked. My wife was the last to drive it so the settings are hers. I get in, start it, press 2 to have the seat adjust to me, set the AC to Auto (72), and drive. Then I get out, power off the car, lock it, do some shopping, come back, unlock it with MY keyfob, and then after starting the car, I notice the AC is not on Auto and is now set to 84 or some other temp.

Maybe it reverts to the temperature I had set the last time I had unlocked the car with my own keyfob (which may have been over a week ago?)
From the manual:
When the“POWER”switch is turn on, the air conditioning system settings will be set to those that were in use the last time the “POWER” switch was turned off. Air conditioning system settings are memorized individually on each electronic key, so the settings reproduced will be specific to the key that is used.
Not sure what this means. Perhaps you actively memorize setting to your fob and the climate control is memorized for your fob at the same time.

I had heard a rumor audio(radio) settings are memorized too, but I have never tested nor read this information.

Last edited by DunWkg; 01-05-11 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo....again...
Old 01-08-11, 09:39 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

We have the same ghost. It only seems to do it when I'm around with my fob. It may be that in the 1.5 yrs we had it, only wife (primary driver) has had the battery replaced in her fob. I need to reset the seat every time I get into the car (I'm setting 2) if I'm driving, even when I am alone and her fob is not near....don't recall if it really ever remembered my seat setting being linked to my fob. For now, I'm attributing it to the old battery in the fob. Someday (like when it fully dies) I may make the effort to get a battery for it. FYI, we have non-Nav model.