RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-11, 09:28 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggyziggy
I didn't know the rear glass is very transparent in daylight.

On a side note. Where do u live and what is your license plate number...
Originally Posted by kitlz
LMAO. I guess we'll have to hunt him down

Parking in NYC can be brutal. Parents had several bags of cheap kitty litter stolen out of their station wagon years ago. Car was only parked on the street for two hours near a busy uptown hospital. It was visible through the windows - no tint. Cost $140 to repair the broken window for $10 worth of litter
Originally Posted by ziggyziggy
i know exactly what you mean. sometimes silly kids just go around smashing windows at night for no apparent reason. i have never had anything stolen from my car before but somebody did throw a brick through my passenger side window in attempt to steal but ran off after being witnessed. the most annoying part was that the window originally was tinted but then i didnt bother retinting because i was gonna sell it and the passenger side was always overheating under the sun.
My license plate number is CCW P229. That's all you need to know. Try breaking into my car and you'll learn why.
Old 01-07-11, 09:37 AM
ziggyziggy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by panyo64
My license plate number is CCW P229. That's all you need to know. Try breaking into my car and you'll learn why.
THis sounds like one of those Lifelock ads...except for cars...
Old 01-07-11, 09:37 AM
ziggyziggy
Driver

Originally Posted by cwd
I had all my windows smashed in NY city once, I wonder if it was because of my Red Sox license plate
It MUST have been.
Old 01-07-11, 09:56 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Do you have the glass breakage sensor? Sounds like we have to worry about the owner rather than the alarm

All in jest. I have it plus Lojack Early Warning. No matter what you do, if someone wants your car or what's inside they'll get to it. Just don't want to read any threads about 'my RX was broken into.'
Old 01-07-11, 01:43 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cwd
I had all my windows smashed in NY city once, I wonder if it was because of my Red Sox license plate
My last year in New Orleans prior to retirement and moving I was at a Command Awards Banquet one night. I parked in a big lot right across the street from the hotel. They broke into my new GMC King Cab loaded with all the options to get my large CD wallet case. When I got back there was busted glass all over and CD's everywhere but they were all present.

The thieves didn't like my collection of Country music.
Old 01-07-11, 07:59 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Sorry to hear about that Cruiter. Perhaps they were looking for the other kind of music...Western
Old 01-07-11, 10:07 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Ok, you have a Sig Sauer P229 and a concealed carry permit. Show us your target from 5 shots at 50 feet . . .
Old 01-08-11, 04:28 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
The cover doesn't retract anymore when the tail gate is opened which understandably makes it more difficult to put big stuff in the back. I'm keeping mine in to avoid advertising what's there - a cooler filled with water and a blanket. My luck, someone who is cold and thirsty would break in

I want to know what is that little cover under the tail gate window for
The tailgate is outward curved. The cover is straight, to retract nice and square. To mate the tailgate and cover, the mating piece on the tailgate must match the two different geometries and also rattle to annoy you if not installed properly.