RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Yellow bulb to white LED

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-12, 12:47 PM
DMC9114
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh... Just yesterday I placed a big order for about $250 with V-LED and today I get an email from them with a 4th of July Coupon Code for 25% off.

Man, this blows...
Old 07-03-12, 02:04 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

If I were you I'd go out now and buy a lotto ticket. You're ripe for a win
Originally Posted by DMC9114
Ugh... Just yesterday I placed a big order for about $250 with V-LED and today I get an email from them with a 4th of July Coupon Code for 25% off.

Man, this blows...
Old 07-03-12, 04:06 PM
DMC9114
Driver School Candidate

Well I'll be darned.

So, I wrote an email, sincere in tone, to V-LED explaining the situation and for their kind consideration to grant me the use of the 25% off coupon code, and they came back right away with, "we don't normally do this, but we can accommodate your request!"

I am very thankful and needless to say, V-LED just gained another loyal customer.

Cruiter, I'm still buying them lotto tickets

Originally Posted by Cruiter
If I were you I'd go out now and buy a lotto ticket. You're ripe for a win
Old 07-03-12, 04:11 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Good job on the email. Now if you win the lotto, well you know you have a lot of friends here. Doesn't he folks ???
Originally Posted by DMC9114
Well I'll be darned.

So, I wrote an email, sincere in tone, to V-LED explaining the situation and for their kind consideration to grant me the use of the 25% off coupon code, and they came back right away with, "we don't normally do this, but we can accommodate your request!"

I am very thankful and needless to say, V-LED just gained another loyal customer.

Cruiter, I'm still buying them lotto tickets
Old 09-16-12, 07:52 PM
James281
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 rx350

I like natural white over the blueish white. and here's mine DIY.
I search all over the forum but can't find any diy for the Dome LED, don't know how to remove them but I figure out on my own ... I have a plastic Pry tool for remove trim panel etc. I use that to get in the Dome Light. Front and Rear.

This is for the Front Dome.
I use 2 board of 3x6=18 5050 SMD this is very bright natural white not blueish white.
The LED still dim down and bright up like the original bulbs ... but with this dome light on it out shine the map lights.

if you guys have difficult time getting the bulb out use some tape and tape over the bulb and pull it down.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3243_small.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3244_small.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3245_small.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_0622_small.jpg  

Last edited by James281; 09-16-12 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-16-12, 07:59 PM
James281
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the Rear Dome light on the RX350 2013
the bulb on this one is very difficult to get out, i have to use some tape close the door and wait for the bulb to cool down before i can remove them. i just put some tape around the bulb and pull it out.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3239_small.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3241_small.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3240_small.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_0626_small.jpg  
Old 09-27-12, 01:53 PM
rsutoratos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did mine today, I used similar bulbs from vled except they were all 2-3 year old that I pull from my TSX when I traded them. I just need to get the 29mm festoon.. the 31mm i had is too big to fit..

Funny thing was one the bulb I had must made contact with the metal, it started to smoke before I put it back into the door, luckily i unclip the cable and prevented my car from going up in flames.. can't wait to get all the other bulbs in.. super excited
Old 11-08-12, 11:44 PM
surferdude
Driver School Candidate

@papaalex

What headlight system do you have?

I have a 2012 RX 350 with HID and I would like to change the fog lights to LED. The fog lights are too yellow and they don't look well with HID.
Old 01-26-13, 08:30 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 542 Likes on 380 Posts
Default This Topic Has Me Feeling Blue

I never once thought about updating the interior lights until I saw this thread. The original post while using white LEDs, seemed a bit bluish in the photos which I really liked, so I went for "Ultra Blue" LEDs. I liked the blue interior glow so much I changed the interior light settings to stay on longer. The overhead vanity lights I did switch to white LEDs, and while the push map lights are still original, everything else is blue now. The information here was very useful. Photos aren't too great, and are slightly purplish then in person, but I think they show the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3275.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3273.jpg   Yellow bulb to white LED-img_3276.jpg  
Old 01-27-13, 06:58 AM
Gavinvr4
Rookie

Can anyone tell me what web site I can gather all the follow LEDs from,
And will this all be plug and play setup? And finally how much does it cost.

1) Park lights
2) reversed lights
3) puddle lights
4) trunk cargo lights

Thank you very much!!!!!
Old 01-27-13, 07:49 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Gavinvr4
Can anyone tell me what web site I can gather all the follow LEDs from,
And will this all be plug and play setup? And finally how much does it cost.

1) Park lights
2) reversed lights
3) puddle lights
4) trunk cargo lights

Thank you very much!!!!!
The bulb sizes can be found in the DIY section of the manual. It lists everything. Changing out the bulbs itself is relatively easy. For the parking lights, you have to remove the engine covers. The bulb location is different based on the type of headlights you have. Reverse lights are accessed through the little rectangular square at the bottom of the tailgate. Switching out the puddle lamps is not for the faint of heart. You can read the instructions here. But it's definitely doable. The trunk cargo lights are very simple. I used a thin plastic card to remove the covers.

I went with V-LEDS for most of the bulbs, most expensive being the reverse lights. I think they give you a discount code when you sign up with them. I get e-mails with discount codes. The cost was probably around $100-$125 for the lights you listed. I probably spent another $150 on interior and blinker bulbs. There are cheaper places to get them. But nearly three years later only one bulb died out of the two dozen I purchased from V-LEDS. Delivery is quick too.
Old 01-27-13, 07:51 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Nice job, Droid. It looks soothing. I would have gone with something similar but I have the black interior. It would have been too dark.
Old 01-27-13, 08:51 AM
Gavinvr4
Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply and valuable info. I will call V-LEDS tomorrow to place my order.

Thanks again Antia.
Old 01-28-13, 05:39 PM
RX808
Driver School Candidate

Is there a DIY link for the parking light change?
Old 01-28-13, 07:35 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by RX808
Is there a DIY link for the parking light change?
No there isn't but the manual has one. It's pretty straightforward. Remove the engine covers and look for for the longish thin black base behind the headlight. Turn it counterclockwise to release. Replace bulb and put the base back in. Turn clockwise to lock. Replace engine covers. That's it.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow bulb to white LED-dsc00335_2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Yellow bulb to white LED