RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Pop/Crack When Closing Power Rear Hatch (LSB-0031-10) + Damage

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-11, 07:08 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree that the car should have been returned undamaged. This is not about the cleanliness of the vehicle but, the damage to the panels which is quite obvious from the pictures.
Old 01-30-11, 08:33 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

X Men, I disagree about the footprints. There's no reason they should be there unless they're standing on them or resting their feet on them. That's not right. The other damage speaks for itself. If my RX was returned in that condition, my SA would roll heads. She knows how well I take care of my vehicles. I decline the wash too. The vehicle should be returned in the same condition with the repair done period.
Old 01-30-11, 11:29 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

the reality is that some people arent as **** as us when it comes to cars, and therefore dont see it necessary to baby the door sills. However, dealers try to protect the cars by using those paper footmats
Old 01-30-11, 03:26 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a chemist and have to weigh things out to the 5th decimal place .00001 that is one hundredth of a mg. I am can get very **** over a car but there still have to have a standard on how they return cars after service. After see the pictures if this is their standard then you might as well take your car to Bubba's car repair and package store and not pay the service price from a Lexus dealer.
Old 01-30-11, 05:34 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I would expect my car to be returned to me in a satisfactory condition after a service of any type. That would include the dealership tiding up any mess that THEY made and certainly not returning my car to me damaged, that would be unacceptable.
Old 01-30-11, 11:53 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The X Men
I am pretty **** about my cars, but if my car comes back from the dealer with a few foot prints on the door sill, I am not going raise hell over it.
It wasn't just a few footprints. All four sills were completely black from front to back.

I wish I would have snapped a few pictures, but I wanted to clean them off immediately that night.
Old 01-31-11, 09:13 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Again, the responsibility falls on the SA at the dealer, not on the customer, to ensure the repair was done properly and damage free when work is subcontracted out. As far as the dirty interior, I have never had my vehicle returned to me in that condition in the 12 years I've been going to my dealer. Even my installer hasn't done anything like that. It's not acceptable in my book.

I'd say it's time to find another dealer fast, krypttic. For the twice a year you'll be going it is so worth driving the extra distance. Mine is 30 miles each way. They're not the closest but they are the best. Good luck.
Old 03-24-11, 10:39 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just happened to spot this thread when trying to learn things from this useful forum.

krypttic, sorry to hear what happened to your car. I am as **** as you about the condition of the car and the concern how the dealership handles our car during the service.

Fortunately my dealership has been very accommodating my pickiness and so far so good. Not sure the cleanliness of your car when you bought it to service. In my case, I always wash the car and keep the interior as clean as possible before taking the car to service.

I also use some plastic wrap/saran wrap to cover some of the areas where scratches are likely to occur. For example, the wood trims, the chrome handles, etc. I will use tapes and saran wrap to cover the scuff plates as well.

In this way, whoever is servicing the car will know how much the owner cares about the car and it is also fair and easier for them to understand your requirement/standard. It is very difficult for anyone to work on a car and avoid scratches when the car is already dirty. Just like you would make sure you have a clean car when you do some DIY mods.

My 2 cents. Hope your issues were resolved by now..
Old 03-25-11, 04:23 PM
Barrington
Rookie

I agree that the car should be returned to the customer in better condition than it was when dropped off, especially at a Lexus dealer. It is probably a good idea to let the service writer know when dropping off the car that you are very careful/picky about your car and to make those comments on the repair order. It is unfortunate that most of the techs are not careful and in some cases do not care. I was a dealership tech for 16+ years with Datsun/Nissan and I saw it first hand. I was the clean and careful one in the shop that the writers and managers came to when there was a comeback or problem customer due to one of the other techs not paying attention. They always said I don't care how much time it takes to fix it but just make sure it is right. There are hacks in all dealerships/shops no matter what brand it is. The dealership is responsible for damage that occured at the bodyshop that they sublet it out to as far repairs to your car. Hopefully everything gets taken care of to your satsifaction with your RX. The automotive service business is a scary place...........