RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Activation help DRL

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 02:32 PM
MRAPIDO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Activation help DRL

Hello everyone and sorry for my English.
My lexus rx450h is approved for the Italian market and would like to activate the DRL.
I asked several dealers but all they told me that you can not do.
Reading this forum I saw that you can do so by adding a relay and a coding unit.
I kindly ask if you can give me more detailed information can refer to my dealership to complete the operation.
I thank in advance anyone who can help me.
Old 02-04-11, 12:11 PM
MRAPIDO
Driver School Candidate

Nobody did this change?
Users of the forum who imported a RX in Canada what they had to change the lights to have them always on?
Old 02-04-11, 12:53 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Welcome MRPAPIDO to CL. I'm not sure where the Canadian RXers are at the moment to answer your question but you may want to post this question in Lighting. You will probably receive a quicker response. Good luck and congratulations on your 450h.
Old 02-05-11, 04:44 AM
MRAPIDO
Driver School Candidate

Hello and thanks for the reply, immediately to start a new thread in "lighting".
Close this discussion as well as not to dirty the section.
Thanks.
Old 02-05-11, 07:27 AM
Cough
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Canadian here

It is not really a do-it-yourself Job. My dealer put a fuse in and a small relay that interfaces with theexisting lighting wiring. On my daughter's RX330 the wirings and relay were all fitted inside the fuse box, but on my 2010 RX350 I dont know where they put it.
Old 02-05-11, 08:52 AM
MRAPIDO
Driver School Candidate

I do not know how to solve this problem, the machines I had before the DRL were activated, the RX450h now without DRL do not remember turning on the lights during the day.
I've been stopped twice by police.
For me it's a big problem ...
During the day I turned on the lights just in front, if activated by the lever switch on the lights in front, behind and inside it changes the brightness of the instruments and do not see anything.
Old 02-07-11, 10:03 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not leave your hightlights "on"? When your start the RX, you'll have light. The lights will go off after you turn the RX off>
Old 02-07-11, 12:57 PM
MRAPIDO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by redrocks
Why not leave your hightlights "on"? When your start the RX, you'll have light. The lights will go off after you turn the RX off>
Sorry but I do not understand what you mean.
I leave the lights on "AUTO ", the days are off, with the dark light.
I would like the lights always on, even during the day before, when it is dark all the others.
In the Italian market Lexus does not have the DRL and I can not keep the lights always on the front.
Old 02-07-11, 01:18 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MRAPIDO
Sorry but I do not understand what you mean.
I leave the lights on "AUTO ", the days are off, with the dark light.
I would like the lights always on, even during the day before, when it is dark all the others.
In the Italian market Lexus does not have the DRL and I can not keep the lights always on the front.
Try rotating the switch/**** to the top position. It it's like mine, that will activate/turn-on the headlights when ever the car has been started. But the AUTO-headlight dimmer will not function in that position, you'll have to manually push the stalk forward or pull it back for HI-LOW beam function. I hope this is helpful.
Old 02-09-11, 12:36 PM
MRAPIDO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by redrocks
Does not work, I think the light switch is different between the U.S. and Europe.
I did as you said, but when I remove the key the lights stay on, every time I put OFF
Old 02-09-11, 01:05 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Does not work, I think the light switch is different between the U.S. and Europe.
I did as you said, but when I remove the key the lights stay on, every time I put OFF
Do it again and watch. They'll turn off after about a minute. By default they're on the 'auto-off' timer. That allows you to see your way in prior to going dark.
Old 03-04-11, 11:58 PM
vesonline
Driver School Candidate

Thats right. Eropean specification of RX450h keeps tail lights on if dimmer swith is in Tail or Head position even car is switched off.