RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lexus Rx 350 Awd '10 W/O Navigation (US Car) Buy In Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 11:55 AM
alieee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Rx 350 Awd '10 W/O Navigation (US Car) Buy In Canada

Hi, I'm new in this forum and just wondering if anyone has buy a used RX which being imported to Canada? And what is the reasonable price? So far I got one with 10k KM, talked it down for 41900+ tax but haven't make any decision yet. Is that a good price?
Any comments will help , thanks.
Old 02-21-11, 03:40 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alieee
Hi, I'm new in this forum and just wondering if anyone has buy a used RX which being imported to Canada? And what is the reasonable price? So far I got one with 10k KM, talked it down for 41900+ tax but haven't make any decision yet. Is that a good price?
That sounds very high to me. I got new in Oct. 10 w/o nav for 38500. List price was 43899.
Old 02-21-11, 07:05 PM
alieee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mac12
That sounds very high to me. I got new in Oct. 10 w/o nav for 38500. List price was 43899.
Which dealer did you buy in from? what are the option did u choose?
Old 02-21-11, 07:55 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Which dealer did you buy in from? what are the option did u choose?
Options: Premium pkg.
tow prep pkg.
19" wheels
wood trim steering wheel & shift ****
accessory pkg(spider net, cargo net, cargo mat)
backup camera
parking assist
heated and ventilated front seats
I've since added body side moldings and am going to add a hitch.
I think that is all, but I've probably missed one or two. I purchased it from Lexus of Nashville in Brentwood, Tn. At the time Lexus factory was aiding the dealers 2k on vehicles to move the 10's. I don't know whether there are any new 10 models left. One place to look is sewell Lexus in Dallas.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Rx 350 Awd '10 W/O Navigation (US Car) Buy In Canada-dscn1284.jpg  

Last edited by mac12; 02-23-11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-22-11, 09:34 AM
alieee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mac12
Options: Premium pkg.
tow prep pkg.
19" wheels
wood trim steering wheel & shift ****
accessory pkg(spider net, cargo net, cargo mat)
backup camera
parking assist
I've since added body side moldings and am going to add a hitch.
I think that is all, but I've probably missed one or two. I purchased it from Lexus of Nashville in Brentwood, Tn. At the time Lexus factory was aiding the dealers 2k on vehicles to move the 10's. I don't know whether there are any new 10 models left. One place to look is sewell Lexus in Dallas.
Who is the saleman if you don't mind me asking?.
I was also looked for the used one at autotrader.com, the price goes around 38-40k for that option with approximately 6000 miles on it.
If thats the case, i'm thinking about purchasing a new one by myself and import it to canada. Do you happens to know that your dealership will allow me to buy a new car for import?.
The price that you gave me is not include tax , license , etc right?
Old 02-22-11, 02:36 PM
gladiator9
Driver

If you are purchasing a used RX 350, make sure you get one that was built in Cambridge Ontario, otherwise you will have to pay 6.1% import duty as well as your GST and PST.
The ones built in Canada have a serial # that starts with 2T. The ones from Japan start with a J. Also make sure you will not have to pay a state tax in the state you intend to purchase it in. I purchased mine in California, but had to take delivery in Nevada to avoid paying California state tax. I was required to sign an affidavit stating that I would not be bringing it back to California and was going to licence it elsewhere. This had to be notarized and signed by the dealer and myself. You will also need the title and a recall letter to satisfy RIV. Go onto the RIV.CA website and it can help you with all you need to import a vehicle into Canada. Also, the Lexus warranty is good in both the US and Canada, while many car manufacturers will not honour a warranty if the car is driven across the border. Hope this helps you. Check out the prices paid and options included on the edmunds.com forum website. Most dealers in the US will not sell a new vehicle to Canadians. You may be able to pick up a demo or lease return for under 40K with most options.
Good Luck,
Jim
Old 02-22-11, 05:16 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Who is the saleman if you don't mind me asking?.
I was also looked for the used one at autotrader.com, the price goes around 38-40k for that option with approximately 6000 miles on it.
If thats the case, i'm thinking about purchasing a new one by myself and import it to canada. Do you happens to know that your dealership will allow me to buy a new car for import?.
The price that you gave me is not include tax , license , etc right?
The price I said was before anything else, although the doc fee was only 199. Then we had to add the Tn. taxes. Here is the email address of the person I bought from. BTW I bought it over the internet. I knew what I wanted then shopped around. Look at the truecar.com site and spec what you want. I think you can still spec the 10 models and the site will tell you what dealers have it, with the best prices. I would do the same thing again. If you can't get that 2k discount on the 10 models, I'd save up lots of cash and hope the factory offers it again on the 11 models starting in Oct. Here's the email address and I know he can give you answers you need. Good luck. gmorgan@nashvillelexus.com
Old 02-22-11, 05:53 PM
Kd007
Driver School Candidate

Your post is confusing , is the 41900 all in back to Canada so the only cost to you is tax? Or is it at the dealer in Nashville and you have to ship/mod it still?

If it's all in then it's about right maybe 1k high or so depending on ship cost but not bad. If it's the price at the US dealer then yes it's high