RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What I think about my new RX

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11, 04:34 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

RXSF, maybe the sunglass holder is a requirement in HI

I agree, pretty strange
Old 03-08-11, 04:59 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

actually isnt nav not available in HI? And even those in the rest of the states that dont get nav, that means you dont get lexus enform right? so maybe those models get sunglass holder
Old 03-08-11, 05:13 PM
Napagoer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

We only have 1 Lexus dealer in Honolulu, and the RX's only come with 3 package options. No dithering on the price either, it's take it or leave it. I got the "base" package, which is the Premium package, plus back-up cam, PA, and wood steering wheel. Nav is available here, but not worth the price, especially in Hawaii. My "base" model was $43k. No chance of getting less than MSRP here. So jealous of the prices you folks on the Mainland are able to get!! I don't use the compass, you don't really need to here, but the sunglasses holder is handy all-year round! We also don't get Satellite Radio, Traffic Radio and all that other cool stuff too. My non-hybrid RX was made in Japan, does that make a difference? I'll take a pic of the sunglass holder, if I can figure out how to post it on here.

Last edited by Napagoer; 03-08-11 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-09-11, 04:31 PM
06Lex350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice review. While I agree with most of what you said, I have to strongly (but respectfully) disagree with you regarding the seats. My wife has a 2010 RX350 and I have a 2006 IS350. We both very much prefer the seats in the IS, although the RX seats are still very nice.
Old 03-09-11, 06:40 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Napagoer
I have a 2011 350 FWD. I've noticed a bunch of posts that say their cars do not have a holder for sunglasses. Mine has one, it's the little pop-down compartment right in front of the rear view mirror. Also, the compass displays on the bottom right-hand corner of the rear view mirror.
It may be that if you get only the "premium" package, then you probably won't get the SOS button up where the sunglass holder should be. I was not aware of this either. I had assumed that Lexus had put this on all the 2011 models. I have the premium package and the comfort package with no nav, and I have the SOS button up there and the compass is on my rearview mirror. I did get kind of gipped on the rearview camera though. It didn't come in the screen or the rearview mirror.
Old 03-09-11, 06:44 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
I also came from an IS 350, I had a 2007 with the Ultra Luxury II package with all the bells and whistles. I too was a bit disappointed about the small omissions from the IS on the RX, such as the passenger memory seats and compass. Overall, I am really enjoying the RX but do miss the IS at times. That torque and horsepower and sportier handling were fun at times.
Here in Florida, you can't get an IS350 or 250 with the Luxury package. I know you can get them in the northeast, but not down south. That was a bummer for me, as I was interested in the IS350, but couldn't get it with the memory seats, power telescoping steering wheel or rain-sensing wipers.
Old 03-10-11, 04:50 PM
Napagoer
Driver School Candidate

What I think about my new RX-holder.jpg

here's the pic of my sunglasses holder. You can see the compass on the rear-view mirror in the background.
Old 03-10-11, 05:00 PM
ggravant
Driver

Originally Posted by Napagoer
Attachment 202460

here's the pic of my sunglasses holder. You can see the compass on the rear-view mirror in the background.
I like that - I might have to figure out how to move that silly SOS button and acquire one of these
Old 03-10-11, 05:17 PM
JiniJazz
Rookie

Originally Posted by ggravant
I like that - I might have to figure out how to move that silly SOS button and acquire one of these
Please let me know if you figure that out.
Old 03-10-11, 05:46 PM
ggravant
Driver

Originally Posted by JiniJazz
Please let me know if you figure that out.
I will - looking for a parts catalog now. Anyone know if they have them on TIS? I am new to this ToyLex world ...
Old 03-10-11, 06:09 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Wouldn't it be easier to store your sunglasses in the center console? In a case of course. It looks like a lot of work to add the sunglass holder if possible. I didn't use it in my other RXs. Maybe I'm in the minority.
Old 03-10-11, 06:23 PM
ggravant
Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
Wouldn't it be easier to store your sunglasses in the center console? In a case of course. It looks like a lot of work to add the sunglass holder if possible. I didn't use it in my other RXs. Maybe I'm in the minority.
Maybe but what fun is that My wife did use hers, but she does not care too much one way or another. I did figure out that it is the map light assembly and my guess is that panel with the SOS switch on it pops out and the sunglass thingy pops in. The search continues haha
Old 03-10-11, 06:36 PM
ggravant
Driver

Got info on how to remove the map light assembly ... now just have to find the parts. I like the high tech method involved ... "Wrap a screwdriver with protective tape, then ..." and I thought Lexus was all high techie and fancy and stuff

Looks like this is how you change the bulbs also in case you needed to do that
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
map_light_removal.pdf (87.4 KB, 535 views)
Old 03-10-11, 08:01 PM
Mossy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitlz
I actually find access to the center console pretty awkward since the lid does not open to a full 90 degrees (or am I doing something wrong?). In the few days I've had the RX, I find myself storing my sunglasses in the driver's door map pocket.
Old 03-10-11, 08:16 PM
ggravant
Driver

I did find a parts list for the interior lights here (81260A):

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/Page_Pr...onentsID=81-21

Unfortunately it does not look like the sunglass holder is a separate item. They have the regular map light assembly in two colors and the one with Enform/safety connect in two colors. I can only guess that the regular ones have the sunglass holder.

The Enform ones are $868.00 , and they probably stuff that electronics in the glasses area anyway. How does the saying go ... "You can buy better but you can't pay more" or something like that

But if you do not care about Enform, you could replace the entire assembly with the regular version (assuming the computer does not go nuts because enform is missing) for a cool $385.00 and maybe sell the original one on ebay. Probably not worth it, but I do see people paying $400.00+ for illuminated floor sils, so who knows ...

Quick Reply: What I think about my new RX